Use this with Windows LTSC 2019

>Use this with Windows LTSC 2019
Why are people complaining about Windows again?

Attached: chocolatey.png (1200x700, 44K)

scoop.sh is better

>Scoop.shit

i don’t understand the difference between this and Nuget. In fact i don’t even see when you’d use either of those tools. I don’t get it.

because cup all -y is a lot less bullshit than having to go to every website and dodge a million fucking botnets just to update JRE or Flash or whatever other cancer you are forced to have on this hellish platform.

Why would anyone use this? Just install what you want.

chocolatey install everything that i want to have installed -y
OK, I'm done. How about yourself?

It's what made me start using it honestly. Having to keep track of multiple websites just for basic software is just ass backwards in this age. An approved and tested central repository that can be mirrored is the way to go. Not http links with """mirrors""" that I have to click through to find on some shitty php website.

It's the ability to update numerous programs at once with one simple command. (see image.) I don't need go to 40 different websites to update 40 different programs.

Attached: updating.png (1073x1086, 129K)

They still haven't added the option to replace the taskbar with a dock.

>Why are people complaining about Windows again?
let me count the ways
>botnet even if you install ltsc and set telemetry level to 0
>slow even if you install ltsc
>bloated even if you install ltsc
>proprietary
>closed source
>by using it you support unethical business practices namely coercing oems to sell microsoft's product for them under threat of selling at a loss
>by using it you support their monopoly on support from industry software and closed drivers
>updates are broken
>ui isn't as pretty as cinnamon
>terminal io is feature-limited and slow as molasses
>not even posix
>doesn't ship with any kind of development utils much less the ones needed to iteratively rebuild the system from source (assuming you could even get the source which you can't)
>ads in start menu
>ads in lock screen
>ads in notifications
>trying to replace the default browser generates a warning that's pretty much an ad
>comes with candy crush
>no longer features a text mode, thus making manual diagnostics harder
>cortana

It makes Nuget much more accessible to other, better platform management tools.

>botnet even if you install ltsc and set telemetry level to 0
You can set firewall rules to avoid the remaining botnet. LTSC has no ads, it's not slow, and doesn't come with candy crush. (I dual boot)

Wintoddlers will never be welcome on Jow Forums.

Oh? What are you gonna do? Write more mean stuff?

>it's not slow,
nah man it's still slow
if i try to run a gui app on gentoo the window opens more or less instantaneously, on windows the window for the same program takes several seconds to open, sometimes even a full minute or longer

Nuget is for programmers so you can make grabbing 3rd party libraries as easy as possible. Chocolate is for end user software like firefox or libreoffice.

Programmers don't use Windows.

Attached: 1315321517797.jpg (250x250, 13K)

Yeah they do, especially considering Win32 completely destroys X and Wayland.

t. retards who have never worked a day in their lives

You are right when you compare it with Gentoo which is by far the fastest distro I tried. Compare it against Mint or Ubuntu and LTSC starts looking a bit better. (2 GB ram usage vs 3 GB in Mint)

Winblows is winblows and I agree Gentoo is miles ahead but many people need to dual boot because of office and shit. For those people LTSC is a good option. No need to be autistic about it.

I have. I only ever see one linux user in each team and that's only because the spare machine they are using can't handle Windows 10 for whatever reason or they brought their own and run linux for principals.

Attached: 1341728761360.png (368x331, 75K)

Get a real job, then.

t. burger flipper

I believe we are done here

I'm not. But your call centre job isn't any better than that.

You have no point RETARD.

Yeah at my programming job my development machine is Linux but that is because I do fullstack we crap. Dotnet is used for making everything. Never do I spin up a Linux box to make a fully featured desktop application and I probably never will.

So you do monkey work, then?

What?

Scroll up.

How far?

To my post. Then you can re-read it, since you obviously misheard me.

I have seriously no idea where you are going with this.

*sigh*

Because they can't afford it. Any thing else that comes out of their mouths is lies and rationalisation. Like this tard: .

Linux users are retards. They're incapable of understanding that their OS is 30 years behind the times in software deployment. They also fancy themselves l33t coderz and rant on about "teh source", but if it's more complicated that typing make, they're totally fucked - like the fucktarded user in . Then there's the walled gardens they live in, and can't see out of, except when they realise they're running three year-old Swiss cheese crapware. Bottom line: they're utterly incapable of acquiring, managing and installing software themselves without a package manager holding their hand the entire time.

Here's the winjeet complaining about *shuffles cards* package managers. Well, Wintoddlers are confirmed as retards who have no idea how to do anything but play with video games. Join us next time for the thrilling conclusion.

Attached: 075.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Hello n33t.
If you weren't so focused on reading Mediums of goys that work at google, amazon, facebook and other sjw companies and instead got a job at tech you would understand that Windows is mandatory for most jobs because your client also uses Windows, fucktard.

t. software developer for automotive research center.

Maybe in shitholes like India and America, but people aren't as retarded in civilised countries.

try Europe.

Europe isn't a country. Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you are a retard. It's not surprising, since you use wangblows.

>Bottom line: they're utterly incapable of acquiring, managing and installing software themselves without a package manager holding their hand the entire time
This is such a bizarre argument, holy shit.

Hello autist. How were you not able to understand that I was implicitly referring to "an european country"?

Nice cover, pajeet.

Literal Wincuck cope. Kek

this fuck off making fun of a great piece of software

This. I tried both and even after using chocolatey before, I switched.

Scoop is better, it's faster, the CLI makes more sense and the model with multiple scripted repositories vs a central one is more user-and privacy friendly.

even without the remark sh sounds like 屎 meaning poop

I just don't understand why it's mispelled. It's produced in the UK I think.

Is this like AUR for windows?

Kinda

I know nothing about chocolately

Does it support most major programs?

Are the updates it deploys old or delayed from when the programs originally get them?

Attached: 005_p79qJQR.jpg (720x960, 80K)

It downloads powershell scripts made by community that do the downloading and installing. Everything is done manually by them.

Somehow I just know you still have 7zip 9.20 installed.

Literally who pays for windows?

America is better than any country you could possibly be from. enjoy the leftovers and spoon fed American tech you leech.

good fucking luck blocking domains and ip addresses. You'll never manage to remove all of it
Not to mentions they are constantly enabling all the settings back to default (my antivirus always reenables itself whenever i disable it on ltsc 2019)

>choco is really good if you want to install various mainstream dev programs without looking for dependencies and others

>Win32 completely destroys X and Wayland.
It's so fucking sad that this is true. As much of a lovecraftian nightmare Win32 is, it's still better than anything Linux has.

An expression of my love for NT.

Attached: 1a32c4da864ec12c300773b6e05b6509.jpg (431x654, 59K)

Attached: 1557608793307.png (955x957, 114K)

most retarded seen all month

How do I activate LTSC 2019?

Attached: 1560191600520.gif (296x367, 2.27M)

>LTSC
>No scheduler fixes
Dropped.

Attached: file.png (960x539, 525K)

KMS38

MOTHERFUCKER

Like 95% of all office workers use Windows, and most of the remainder use OSX. Desktop application development hasn't gone away.
I write webshit for fun in my spare time, but my job is almost entirely Windows software development and the work isn't going away any time soon.

LTSC 2019 is probably the first good Windows 10 release.
So far I've used it with Chocolatey, OpenShell and "Windows Update Manger" and it's really good.

Does it have as many packages?

How does Chocolatey square up against Ninite?

+Considerably more programs
-no automatic updates. Automation requires you to know powershell scripting
-uses internal database. Can't touch programs that aren't installed through it. Can't also tell if you upgraded something manually/separately from it and will attempt to upgrade it again.

And you'll never have a job.

I see.
It's not for me, but I can see the possibilities in corporate environments