/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT (499USD) and RX 5700 (379USD) will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1560200869974.jpg (1000x561, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-2070-rog-strix-rtx2070-8g-gaming/p/N82E16814126270?
youtu.be/U20bWOj0NHs?t=800
newegg.com/noctua-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm-case-fan/p/1YF-000T-000K3?Description=Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 120mm Fan&cm_re=Noctua_NF-P12_redux-1700_PWM_120mm_Fan-_-1YF-000T-000K3-_-Product
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wish it was July already, I've been a justwaitfag for years and I'm about done with it

Attached: 1531668336166.png (805x720, 553K)

RTX seper when?

Attached: 1424468231507.jpg (1335x2048, 373K)

I can't shake the feeling ryzen isn't going to live up to the hype. AMD has fooled me before.

Am I good to just buy shit in July then, or are people going to be screaming about how we need to wait till September etc?

I am considering going with a Ryzen 3700X (or whichever the 8 core version is) and an RTX 2070.

why is 32gb of ram not good?

Mostly dual ranks. Not easy to get good OCs. Maybe higher density chips coming later this year will be better.

That's what I said. What are you trying to say?

Sometimes.

Yes, you're good to just buy in July after trustworthy independent reviews come.

Eh dual rank doesn't clock as high, but you get better performance per clock.

Dude wait. See what Intel responds with.

Can I buy lower clocked RAM and OC it to the 4000+ MHz that Zen 2 is going to need?

It's like edging, but with your bank account

>Sometimes.
Specifically the Thermaltake Core V71

Attached: V71.jpg (640x480, 38K)

>Eh dual rank doesn't clock as high, but you get better performance per clock.
Haha what? You get lower clocks and almost always looser timings. There's no benefit to capacity unless you use it unlike latency

newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-2070-rog-strix-rtx2070-8g-gaming/p/N82E16814126270?

The 5700XT is literally DOA

When is Jewdvia expected to announce the new "super" cards?

Now this is a good deal.

Vega 56 almost entirely sold out at Newegg. I told you guys the best time to buy a GPU, as always, is during sales to clear inventory for the new upcoming releases.

Intel has no possible response.
Best they can do is add 2 more of their shitty cores to make a 10 core that's still worse than a Zen2 8 core, let alone their 12 or 16 core.

They'd need a new architecture, with non-shitty SMT licensed from IBM or AMD, double the cache, twice as fast context switching, etc. It's going to be YEARS before they have a response to Zen2, and they'll still be behind because Zen4 or Zen5 will be out then.

Is this bait? There is no indication that Zen 2 needs 4000MHz RAM, except for that ban evader's blatant lies that he keeps spreading on Jow Forums.
I can't find the endnotes for the E3 slides, but I'm guessing memory was 3200CL16 for both unlocked Intel and AMD CPUs.

K, you can't read. I won't bother repeating.

That's a nice sale price for a good model of card as far as what you can buy today. Yet, still more expensive for something that's slower.

>front 3.5" hdd bay
holy shit 2005 is here again

This year.

>That's a nice sale price for a good model of card as far as what you can buy today. Yet, still more expensive for something that's slower.

$30 off coupon
$30 mail in rebate

It's literally $450. And the custom cards usually push like 5% more performance over reference/FE thanks to better cooling and the Turing boost/turbo.

>This year.
fuck i expect to build my pc before September of this year. i'm 100% going to AMD for the CPU, but i still not sure what GPU i'm going to end with. (GTX 2070 - 5700XT are within the budget).

Really hopping they announce something before than then.

FUUUUUCK i'm now tempted!!!

>best time to buy a GPU
Yeah, sure, buy an old product right before new performance tiers come out. Best time to buy is right at launch. The 5700 is going to have similar price/perf to 300USD V56, while having all the advantages of a new arch and new node

Yes. $450 for a card that's slower than the $450 5700XT. What wasn't clear? Does being slower not matter when it's Nvidia now, or something?

5700 looks to be around 15% faster than Vega 56 yet costs 26% more. That's worse price:perf.
The $30 of xbox game pass offsets that a bit... but those $300 Vega 56 come with even higher value of resellable games, last I checked.
>Best time to buy is right at launch.
Blatant trolling.

>believing cherry picked bullshit benchmarks...
Not even a Jewdvia drone, but you have to wait for independent testers to see the actual resuls, plus non reference cards.

>Yes. $450 for a card that's slower than the $450 5700XT. What wasn't clear? Does being slower not matter when it's Nvidia now, or something?

The 5700XT averaged 6% over an unnamed, probably reference, 2070 in their own benchmarks, which they've been caught in the past picking unusual settings specifically to maximize their performance. We need their full slide deck to verify whether we should even trust their systems, drivers, settings, etc. And that's $450 for a blower. This is $450 for a custom cooler 2070 that's going to be a bit faster than reference and probably on par with the 5700XT anyway. And you can have it now if you want, as opposed to a month from now.

I doubt 2070 Super will be worthwhile if the $550 rumor is true. But 2060 Super, if the 8GB rumor is true, would be if it's also still $350.

But the reference 2070 is roughly on par with the best factory OC models. lol. It's A-die, and using a vapor chamber cooler. Like holy shit the delusion.

I agree, but AMD's slides have been conservative the past 2 years and generally the independent tests have shown better results.
They tested many Nvidia favored games in that test, for example.

But yeah if only blowers are avail on launch and sent to benchmarkers, that'll be really frustrating.
Presumably at least the 5700 blower is still going to be more quiet than those shitty milled heatsinks on some 160W cards, at least.

>Does being slower not matter when it's Nvidia now, or something?
Matters when one of the cards is unavailable and unverified. Wow, wait a month for 10% more performance, a $40 value! You must be fucking poor

>resellable games
In your dreams, good luck wasting your obviously worthless time finding someone to buy an account with two games tied to it.

>That's worse price:perf.
Knowing your track record, your numbers are wrong. But who cares if there's a slight different in price/perf considering perf/watt and absolute performance differences?
>b-b-b-b-but the housefire is an inconsequentially better value!!1!
Buying on launch is always the best time to buy

>The Navi RX 5700XT (499USD)
Whoops, price is wrong. Should be 449USD

Hmm, would you risk the house fire for a vega64 blower at this point? The post miners used market heating up.

intel wont do shit till 11th gen
10th gen won't even have mds fixes
plus they retired their hedt line

>AMD shill tries the patented JUST WAIT(tm) on people discussing building PCs right now

You can't make this shit up

It SHOULD be $349

>blower
how good are you at setting up chink watercooling loops?

>In your dreams, good luck wasting your obviously worthless time finding someone to buy an account with two games tied to it.
Many anons have done it, as much as this angers you.
Maybe more will do it, to anger you further. You've been livid over people reselling those games to get a good deal for months now.
I think I'll buy another Radeon card myself, just so I have more games to sell, to further help drive you toward suicide.

And the 2060 should be $250.

Is the Alienware AW3418DW a good gayming monitor for a rig with a rtx 2080? I'm still debating what monitor to buy but I don't want to spend more than a thousand dollars and I hear 4k is a meme so I thought this looked pretty good.

Attached: amTeyaNx5yCCEcM9X5N3vT-650-80.jpg (650x385, 32K)

>Many anons have done it
No they haven't

>You've been livid over people reselling those games
Absolutely not. I've been fucking your shit up when you misrepresent 1) the value of games and 2) the ease (or lack thereof) with which they can be sold,

all for your marketing endeavors.

No, you might cut yourself on all that edge.

You know of Jow ForumsSteamGameSwap/ already.
You're lying
Kill yourself

Not everyone is a gilded r3ddit member like you

Remember Navi will save u....
youtu.be/U20bWOj0NHs?t=800

Does pressure even matter?
I heard static pressure in a case is a huge meme, but why big blades?

Wow you're an awful shill, hoping no one will actually listening to what he says.

The reason he's not interested is because they're making it more like Pascal where it auto-clocks and you can't do the extreme overclocking like he likes to do.
There is no indication of there being a flashable BIOS and BIOS switch, and past tricks to increase the power limit won't work.

Buildzoid does record-attempt overclocking. Navi, like post-Maxwell Nvidia cards, is appearing to be more locked down.
Vega, Polaris, and past GCN, are fun to tweak. It looks like that's going away.

This doesn't mean he's excited about the RTX cards or Super ones either which have the same issues, you stupid manipulative shill. He even says that
>If I wanted [the restrictions Navi has] I could just buy Nvidia [but I won't]
He has two 1080Tis but he uses Fiji and Polaris in his usual systems.

Holy fuck you're dumb.

>i can't sell codes coz rebbit bad
Nice job showing your retardation

>Wow you're an awful shill, hoping no one will actually listening to what he says.
>post a video of the source
>people are free to watch it
>WOW WHAT A SHILL YOU ARE TRYING TO LIE HERE?!
are you insane? Get help man.

why are amd shills so aggressive, is it because navi is a flop and the stock prices of AMD are falling, so they feel the need to "get to work" so to speak?

intelkikeshill cry some more.

Because you said something completely contrary to what he said, you retard. Hoping people don't actually watch it and call you out on it and that they'll just take your sentiment that
>"Navi won't save u"

If Navi is such a flop, why do you have to misrepresent it?
What's your alternative? Since as Buildzoid says in the video: Nvidia is worse.
Shit's off topic.
>42 replies
>18 posters

I have an i5-4690k that I overclocked to 4.3ghz. my local microcenter is selling r5-1600s for $80 with $30 off when combined with any Mobo. Should I get it with an b350 mother board for $130 and buy 2x 8GB ram for another $70 and wait for Ryzen 3600?

Any catch to this noctua fan?

I want to know if it's too cheap to be true.

newegg.com/noctua-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm-case-fan/p/1YF-000T-000K3?Description=Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 120mm Fan&cm_re=Noctua_NF-P12_redux-1700_PWM_120mm_Fan-_-1YF-000T-000K3-_-Product

Do you want cheaper CPU or do you want faster and more expensive CPU?
Pretty simple.

Are there any new high end Nvidia or AMD cards coming out by April 2020? I want to upgrade for CP2077, wondering if I should look for deals over the summer on a 2080ti or wait if AMD is going to release something new

True-Navi could be on it's way, maybe

I'd imagine that high-end Navi and 7nm RTX 3000 cards should both be out by then or shortly after.

It would be strange for AMD to not release a RX 5800, and to leave *70 as the highest of a generation. It would also be strange for them to go more than a year without completing a generation's product stack. I'm expecting the RX 5600 later this year, and RX 5800 in H1 of next year.

If your new pc's do not need optical drives
how do you go about cd's?

I'm hoping you can make your neurons fire enough to answer that question yourself.

So boys what do you think? Ryzen 7 or 9?

Ryzen 7 is gonna outlast and outperform Ryzen 5 so it seems like a no brainer if you have the cash. Ryzen 9 seems more speculative because the cores are only useful in a few applications now but the pricing is fair and you get a shitton of cache.

I'm pretty undecided.

hey ass wipe, no shit you could use external optical drives
but is that your solution then?

Idk what you mean wouldn't the 1600 be a step above my [email protected] ghz?

Trident Z 8GB X 2, 3200Mhz or Dominator 8GB X 2, 3000Mhz?

Wait for Navi 2.0

Ryzen 3900X is a pretty good deal if you like to do heavy multitasking, the 3950x isn't really worth it though IMO, $250 for only 4 more cores, 12 is more than enough for most high end applications. But it's only $100 more than the 7. Basically if you can afford the 9 you might as well go for it

For what?

That's a standard price for a redux model. It's a no frills package without the anti vibration mounts and various splitters and extension cables that come with the premium models. Exact same fan.

my gtx 1060 shat itself

do i get rx 590, vega 56 or wait for 5700 ?

>ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT (499USD) and RX 5700 (379USD) will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019.
is /pcbg/ unironically trying to shill those DoA cards?

Gaming

>my gtx 1060 shat itself
How did it shit itself?
please provide model.
Also why are you getting amd when you can get far superior cards for cheaper secondhand. All the new shit is overpriced.

On top of these cards being noisy power suckers with shit price/perf they don't have HDMI 2.1 even though TVs with them are already out. If you're gonna connect a GPU to a TV AMD has an appeal in their strong 4k performance. Yet no HDMI 2.1 means you can't say connect this to one of those new LG TVs and get 120hz.

I have GTX 770 2gig. Recently bought a BenQ 3440*1440, what's gpu should i get

>faster than the 2070
>cheaper than the 2070
>DOA
lol

Attached: 1492573533249.jpg (796x805, 159K)

Should I get
Sapphire vega 56 pulse for 295euros
or
Sapphire vega 64 nitro+ for 426euros
I do value quiet setups and the cooling system on nitro+ is much better, do I spend the extra for a quieter build?

>cheaper than a horribily overpriced card that everybody said is overpriced
>faster than said card in AMD tested presentation and not from 3rd party reviews
>blower vs good quiet coolers
uh?

>is it because navi is a flop and the stock prices of AMD are falling
?????????????????????????????????

Attached: chrome_MD7XZeuLSF.png (770x643, 53K)

Dominator RGB for maximum FPS boost and precise aim.

You have 2 choices 2070 or 5700xt, i don't care about what ifs that's your choices for the midrange in 2019. Blowers are irrelevant since it will have aib support 2-4 weeks after launch just like nvidia

and this is with fucking ryzen cpus doing their best to mitigate the damage

Attached: blind.png (770x643, 74K)

3950x is very obviously compelling for certain use cases like the very popular one of working with 4k HEVC.

The thing about the 8>12 core upgrade is that it's the cheapest PER-CORE and comes with a shitton of cache. So that is a bit compelling.

Biggest drawback seems to be the TDP. Chips running hotter creates a ton of costs that aren't obvious at first glance

>You have 2 choices 2070 or 5700xt,
I dont really want to support Nvidias stupid prices or Amd stupid prices though. So both cards are kind of a pass.
>Blowers are irrelevant since it will have aib support 2-4 weeks after launch just like nvidia
Actually it takes 1-3months for AIB cards, and thats from their own words.

>HOLLY DOG IT DROBED 2% IGNORE THE 1500% GAIN OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS
also fun fact nvidias pre market is worse than AMDs today

Attached: chrome_5glYrmhto8.png (329x90, 9K)

>So both cards are kind of a pass.
good they arent made for autistic speds that think we are ever going to see a 250$ flagship ever again

>Ryzen cpus build some good PR for the company
>GARBAGE GPUS come out and stock drops, but ignore it, pay attention to what happened before we announced DOA GPUS

>being on the side of the corporations
you got stocks in them or something?
Why are you so angry at the idea of consumers having good and fair prices on their GPUS again?

AMDs money comes from high margin cpus, not shoestring margin gpus retard, stay poor and stay clueless on investment

Should I build a flashy RGB case to increase resale value? Does it do that?
I would turn them off for actual use obviously.

Why is AMD pozzed when it comes to emulation? Ryzen's preformance is awful on cemu.

disable 1/2 (half) your cores and try again

If you're stockbrokers looking to banter go to or talk to Jessica in the coffee room.
This is Jow Forums - consumerism. We don't care about the future or the past here only immediate gratification and how pretty the lights can be.

i'll get a 5700xt "mommy su" anniversary edition just because

>you got stocks in them or something?
I put my money in anything that will make me rich, and amd has done really well for me so far because they focus on turning a profit rather than running as a charity. That profit goes back into the company in the form of hiring more talent and more R&D to give us better zen/rdna chips then we would get if AMD just spent all their margins making everything cheap as fuck while getting no money to fund future R&D and expansion.

>Why are you so angry at the idea of consumers having good and fair prices on their GPUS again?
because i remember people buying the GTX 280 over HD 4870, GTX 480 over the HD 5870 GTX 780 over R9 290, GTX 1050 ti over RX 570. Your idea of AMD not giving a shit about profit would in the end bankrupt AMD and leave us in a even worse position where nvidia could just charge $2000 for a RTX 2060 and give us 2% increases each year. Just count on nvidia to price drop the 2070 and AMD to respond in kind so we can get a reasonable midrange this generation.

AMD sucks when it comes to emulation. Who knows, maybe zen2 chips will change that.

>I put my money in anything that will make me rich, and amd has done really well for me so far because they focus on turning a profit rather than running as a charity.
AND THERE WE HAVE IT!
THE NAVI DEFENDER ADMITS TO HAVING AMD STOCK and the whole reason why he fucking defends it so hard

Just ignore that part where AMD operating as a charity and going bankrupt as a result is bad for everyone, that is defiantly not important.

never happened.

your whole argument is that amd is shit because they arent a ngo, you have a retarded and autistic idea of where money to run a company comes from

Yes AMD never went bankrupt because they got competent leadership that cares more that AMDs bills can be paid rather than making a autistic neckbeard on a mongolian basket weaving forum happy, so yes you are right it never happened

>thinking 10 tb's is enough
>see shit like r6, gta, and doom at 50 gigs minimum
how much storage is enough? holy shit

Attached: 1553740716115.gif (250x250, 222K)

Why would you need all those meme games installed at once?

there are photos, videos (that could include movies), and content creator files like .sai paint and adobe shop stuff
there're a ton of ways to fill up your hard drive

Sure if you hoard useless shit you're never going to look at or play again "just in case".

Buildzoid's opinion is predicated entirely on overclocking potential. He himself admits performance and cost means nothing to him, only customizable bios. No offense to the man but he's not particularly useful if you're trying to build a PC for anything else than overclocking for benchmarks scores.
Navi 1st gen might surprise people if the independent benchmarks pull a miracle, yet the specs they show, the stats for games they have shown, and the lack of OC features make for a really lackluster GPU launch.

>names a bunch of other things you can't "play"
>still stuck of vidya

Attached: 1550448054823.gif (300x300, 984K)

He's useful if one derives part of their purchase's enjoyment from tinkering around and getting intimate with your unique silicon with varying results. That's quite Jow Forums to me.