Why is Windows so fucking SLOW??

Linux is fuking instant and Apple puts updates in the store.
But windows just HAS to download at 10kbps and waste 100% HDD for one single update. Idiotic.

Attached: Untitled.png (650x383, 29K)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS AMATEUR OPERATING SYSTEM

Attached: Untitled.png (450x463, 16K)

Works on my machineā„¢

No, it doesn't fuck, off.

lmfao dude Windows kind of assumes you have an SSD at this point. Its basically unusable if you don't.

Upgrade to SSD, user

I can't afford SSD on all my PCs. I mean, iMacs come with 5400 RPM HDDs and work flawlesssly, why is windows such a mess? Why does windows need to bang my HDD for 100% for 2 hours?

aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ITS JUST A CORE2 DUO FOR FUUCKS SAAAAKES

Attached: Untitled.png (645x278, 11K)

I don't believe you.
256GB SSD is like $30 bucks.

I need more storage than that and I don't have the extra cash.

Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display.

You already have 1TB.

Oh I see what you mean

Using a HDD? SSDs honestly make a big difference. Also windows Update will happily just about max your connection on updates (gets full 100Mbps of my connection when downloading updates). HDDs, even 7200rpm drives can struggle, also you are downloading a feature update which is basically like a full windows re-install (so can be several GB which windows update has to essentially unpack to install when you re-start). Even with my SSD (850 evo 250gb) it took a while for it to fully download and install before restart.

>dude upgrade your hardware JUST TO RUN AN OPERATING SYSTEM
kill yourselves

I have an ssd and I don't notice it updating, though my laptop used to suffer from this but i upgraded it to windows 7.

not enough money for good servers

>meanwhile I have blender, firefox, chromium, steam, riot, kdenlive, deadbeef, starcraft 2, freecad, kate, and 4 sftp connections open
lmao

Attached: file.png (601x264, 17K)

oh whoa there we got some writes going, better slow it down!

Attached: file.png (563x257, 20K)

windows does system backup on updates so it can restore them when the update fails half the time

Cause it's a pile of shit design by salespeople

Attached: 8456686358ab37b69a76fb047a7200c3.jpg (500x522, 65K)

>lets make our OS shitty and slow SSD will fix it anyway lmao

I don't know. Even if you disable system restore points and the antivirus, it's far slower than it should be. So are many installers, although these CAN be faster.

It's something that they never fixed somehow. Or maybe they fixed something and used the gains to do more botnet "telemetry" "usage data" now, not sure ...

Either way, it just sucks and you can be "glad" that they at least have increasingly figured out how to do it in the background than in your face during shutdowns/reboots. That bit got "faster".

Yea, but they don't give a shit. Meanwhile a hundred hobbyist amateurs support this with their own Linux distro.

Welcome to: BLOAT

What cli program is that?

I had some issues with it initially, but that was due to the fact that I had just pulled my SSD out of my laptop and replaced the broken SSD in my desktop with it.

Am unsure of what I actually did to fix it but after a couple of days I was able to download/install. Took probably 10 minutes to download, less than that to install

Ezpz, runs like a champ now

But seriously though windows updates are slow to download and install and i have no idea why.

All software tech has degraded and will continue to do so. The complexity created from decades of continuing stacking layers upon layers of new tech to abstract away the previous has created a monster that can't be comprehended and cannot be utilized efficiently. The entire tech expert shortage is because we all ready don't have enough experts for the given fields required to have a usable experience and every year a new one will be created. Just look at one field, information security. The amount of monetary losses (check and credit fraud, IP theft, DDOS etc) has stretched law enforcement to brink and has driven many small to medium size business out to bankruptcy after a breach. Now imagine all the unfilled web dev, network engineering, big data etc It's completely unsustainable.

They even added a "bittorrent-like" thing to Windows so machines can share to other machines and save them bandwidth but it doesn't really work as well as BT or even a worse protocol from the past.

I don't know how they fucked up that much.

How fucking hard is it to put them in the windows store?

It's a crappy piece of software and giving Microsoft control over your application's primary mode of distribution without long-term guarantees for the conditions involved is a bad idea.

Does W10 really turn on people's PCs at night to perform updates? I thought it was tinfoil bullshit at first, but I keep seeing people talk about it. If it's real then ffs, Microsoft.

It's entirely possible, yes. Provided your computer is in sleep or hibernation mode and you have turned on wake timers and scheduled updates, it can and will silently download updates in the background.

sure does

Used the updater app worked perfectly for me coming from 1809

fagOS is even worse on a HDD. Stop being poor.