INTEL IN 2019: 10% PERFORMANCE LOSS FROM SECURITY PATCHES

INTEL IN 2019: 10% PERFORMANCE LOSS FROM SECURITY PATCHES

AMD IN 2019: 20% PERFORMANCE GAIN FROM WINDOWS UPDATE

oh no no no HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: n97rsuoo4u331.png (532x996, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techquila.co.in/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-vs-intels-18-core-i9/
twitch.tv/glitterxplosion
youtube.com/watch?v=5XMWS0_9gNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

F I N E W I N E

Sirs pls delete

Inb4 intel shills shill staying on Windows 7/LTSC

LTSC MASTERRACE

Attached: JUSTnich.jpg (1000x1000, 119K)

why does GPU get better if windows made AMD cpus better in update?

why is there such a performance gain? is this just from the faster clock switching? or are there some improved context switching shit involved?
t. not a wangblows user

THANK YOU BASED AMD SHITEL INDIAN SHITTERS ETERNALLY BTFO
`

Attached: 1560227473323.jpg (725x350, 107K)

windows scheduler is pretty much fucked up. it used to treat everything the same.
It happened before on the CMT that bulldozer implemented, where the gains back then were 5%.
they used to treat amd threads as if it was one single die, just like intel's cpus, but now it recognizes cores and ccx threads and doesn't force the cpu to move one thread to a different ccx, plus it doesn't spawn threads that share data on different ccxs.

oh, so this is more of a fix than an update. thank you.

Now where's win7 score

But win7 didn't have this problem to begin with

Windows scheduler was really fucking shit.

Performance doesn't matter

Attached: 1497883390389.jpg (267x297, 18K)

INTEL IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Attached: 1519245895485.jpg (1268x1811, 432K)

maybe it causes the CPU to bottleneck the GPU for a very short time at the start of the benchmark. long enough to cripple performance

wait, so is this not going to be fixed in ltsc? do i have to actually use the bloated version?

Can't you manually update LTSC though?

Nope, this was rolled into standard update rather than a critical stability update, meaning it won't be brought to LTSC.

You'll have to wait 2 years before the next LTSC branch will include this update to base windows functionality.

>Windows scheduler is really fucking shit.
Fixed
You are too naive if you think MS fixed everything.

There's is also a small gain in x264 encoding.

Attached: 1809.png (581x492, 17K)

With a Ryzen 7 [email protected]

Attached: 1903.png (579x481, 17K)

yeah, it's a fix.
I think that it fixes the scaling problem that windows had on 32c/64t threadripper too, but let's wait for the benchmarks.

Is that 4K encoding? That's pretty sweet.

1080p

wait two years

LTSC can only do security updates and not regular updates

or just make your own custom installer with all the crap removed. its pretty easy once you get the hang of it and there should be presets online

Yeah, Microsoft love bodging around since I don't think no one understands the real codes of NT anymore and I don't think higher ups want to mess up the codes that much.

I mean, that's cute and all. But who cares when there are no good AMD laptops.

Is it because of the cpu schedule fix?

Good AMD laptops come next year with certified 7nm+ processors.

Yes. It's basically over for Intel.

Feels smootherâ„¢ in games but might just be the placebo effect. Hopefully one tech journo is smart enough to actually test CPU limited games for once.

Attached: Capture.png (940x690, 191K)

Gonna switch whenever my corelet intel cpu is 100% obsolete since i need high speed ram for ryzen and i built my new machine 2 years ago

Fuck me, guess there's no real point going through hoops to install windows 7 on ryzen anymore.

Anyone working at a hosting company that has any insights on how customers are reacting to all the security issues? I left only shortly after the first Meltdown was discovered and we didn't really get any inquiries but I assume it's different now because there should have been enough time and exposure for even management in businesses to become aware of it.

>windows 7 didn't have an inferior scheduler or security vulnerability

Attached: 1531157597855.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

You should have done some benchmarks yourself

So you can't download and install updates manually? I remember this being possible in other versions

do you guise have the source for amd NOT using mitigation patches on the intel systems for their E3 press conference slides?

really makes you think what microshit could achieve if they optimised other parts of their OS....

plis, do it for them trips.
I don't want to spread literal reddit claims without a sauce.

techquila.co.in/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-vs-intels-18-core-i9/

>AMD Ryzen 9 3950X with 61K points is the Fastest Processor on Geekbench, Destroys Intel’s 18-Core i9-9980XE

Attached: 1558933563902.jpg (240x241, 23K)

>he uses LTSC thinking it makes Windows not a botnet
You get what you deserve for using microshit

Attached: 1528605619201.jpg (642x880, 135K)

sankyu

Attached: 1465069579416.jpg (850x1020, 116K)

Ah look, baseless assumptions from a Linux shill, what a shock.

>Customizing a retail ISO

How to make your windows install a broken, unstable piece of shit 101.

Ok, then, Sanjay, tell me why you use ltsc?

you guys are trying to tell me to not buy AMD products ever at launch or what

No, it means they get even better performance with software and OS updates, unlike Intel parts

TAKE THIS THREAD DOWN GOY
YOU WERE WARNED

Attached: 1515177669698.jpg (202x249, 30K)

>still no answer

holy shit.
it actually gets better
NO mitigations for intel tests
NO windows 1903 magic for their own ryzen 2 tests

I thought it was a bit strange how everyone was talking benchmarking "without tricks" during the presentation. I guess that's what mama Lisa meant by it. I was under the impression that I just missed some recent intel shenanigans, but hot dang, this is even better.

Attached: Untitlergfweed.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

Just gonna leave this here.

Attached: 1560362208948.png (1536x2048, 401K)

Aren't these benchmarks a little deceiving? As in there should be more performance gains for chiplet designed gen 2 CPUs?

Attached: file.png (1773x996, 966K)

when is a benchmark not misleading?

What's up with that God awful memory speed and timings? Specially for Zen+.

Wait two years or use Enterprise.

Yes it did, the Intel scheduler has been in use for over a decade now.

Not really, use the official MS tool.
It's literally how they slipstream updates into their ISOs. Even LTSC.

This. Anyone know the KB and if we can download + install that ?

Sure, not any less of a botnet than macOS or Linux. Anything online is a botnet.
At least it's Enterprise certificated botnet. Read the licence, otherwise don't bother posting.

It's not a jape. In some select games the FPS is double if it's a CPU limitation. In general I'd say 5-10% performance boost in gaming thanks to the scheduler fixes. You don't need to manually fuck with the thread priorities to unfuck performance.

Is your question related to the slide or all the benchmarks in the several PPT presentations?

It's basic bitch stuff in the industry. Any Windows sysadmin worth his money should know how to slipstream updates or customize an iso.

Up to 40% loss though. I wish it was just 10%.

>wintards actually believe this

It's related to the benchmarks I'm finding online. The performance boost don't blow me away. However, they are benchmarks on CPUs that don't have chiplet design.

LMFAO Intel desperately trying to shill on twitch now twitch.tv/glitterxplosion

Lets raid them

INTLEL

Cringe and bluepilled, jannie

I have a 2700X and am seriously considering jumping from 7 to 10 no matter how much of a trashfire it is.
Elaborate

>youtube.com/watch?v=5XMWS0_9gNo
Based Aussie BTFO AMDrones.

> AMD slide states 1080p Low for Rocket League
> tests with 1080p High

I mean, if you want to verify or disprove something, at least use the same fucking settings.

Attached: question mark 6.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

>not AV1
who cares

Too slow for real world use

dont you have to remake that iso everytime theres an update?

Seething scholmo

Fine main

Attached: Intel.png (1414x657, 559K)

god i love being pozzed thanks intel !!!!!!!!

Intel shitters should be exterminated together with their retarded families for defending Intel.

Prove me wrong.

take your pills user

>oh no no no HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Can you faggots please stop typing like retards? inb4 hurr durr Intel shill, I'm an actual drone shareholder.

Take a hike, kike.

I FUCKING TOLD YOU ALL!!!

Ever since that fucking 1903 update my idle clocks have been FUCKEDD like really fucked.

It 8-11% CPU usage now when I'm fucking sitting on the desktop with nothing running.
The battery life is now fucked too because the fan will ramp on and off.

The whole thermal curved got fucked beyond recognition

Does it still crash while using adobe premiere?

I don't know, does Intel still burn your city to the ground?

Does Adobe still shit out buggy products?

I'll take that as a "yes".

Same.

how is that on anyone but adobe?

The problem is that the patch isn't even out yet, it's coming out with the launch of zen 2

don't know, don't care. I'm not into the neet company fanboy wars like this guy over here I don't give a single fuck who makes cpus as long as it performs the best in programs that I use a lot. Premiere is an industry standard, at least over here. Timeline scrolling is buttery smooth on my 8700k and doesn't crash at all, but I've had plenty of issues on the 2700x. If amd shits out a cpu that's better in premiere than intel I'm making the switch. If fucking via comes out with one that's better I'm making the switch. A few minutes faster in rendering doesn't justify all the headache I've had while actually working on projects. If amd or adobe comes out saying we've fixed all the issues then I'm sold. Until then I'm staying on the 8700k.

Let's go over the facts, shall we:
Intel
>some vulnerabilities found, but ALL of them have since been patched
>Intel ME has been locked down, audited by security experts, and is no longer a security risk
>patches have NEGLIGIBLE impact on gaming
>storage IO takes a slight hit
>much higher clocks (better for older games)
>much lower core and cache latencies (very important for gaming)
>more industry-adopted instruction sets, better optimization in Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite, etc.
>uses less power-per-clock and has better frequency-to-voltage characteristics (why Intel will always hit 5.0GHz and AMD will never be able to)

AMD
>Ryzenfall and 12 other vulnerabilities STILL NOT COMPLETELY FIXED
>PSP has been fully compromised and gives attackers complete access to all parts of an AMD CPU; AMD REFUSES TO DISABLE PSP ON ANY RYZEN CPU
>has performance loss with its already lower IPC (turning a shit hatchback into a shittier hatchback)
>literally slower NVMe throughput by default because AMD can't into IO queuing optimizations
>lower clocks than Intel's First Gen Core architecture
>almost twice or three times the latency depending on which cores are accessing which cache; made even worse with multi-die Ryzens (like all of the Ryzen 3000s)
>literally no one optimizes for AMD's instruction sets; locked out of the instruction sets the games industry uses
>uses far more power per watt because Infinity Fabric eats power the higher you clock it (guess what was exponentially increased on Ryzen 3000...)

Other notes - PCIe Gen 4 literally doesn't matter
>storage IO loss literally doesn't matter for gaming because 99.99% of games doesn't come close to using a tenth of an NVMe drive's IO throughput
>4K 144hz gaming doesn't even saturate PCIe 3.0 x8

>INTEL IN 2019: 10% PERFORMANCE LOSS FROM SECURITY PATCHES
at least they deployed the security patches unlike AMD
if AMD deployed security patches for their shitton of vulns they'd be 10 years behind intel

It may take months but adobe will have to fix it eventually. The amd market share is growing healthily(and should continue to do so with a good 7/7 launch) and they can't just let their program be unstable for this increasing userbase. If even microshit are finally acknowledging it and releasing zen specific updates other developers with previously intel-biased products should follow suit. Apart from the ones that are in direct or under the table partnership with them of course

Fuck off, you literal shill.

>You proved my shit product trash so I'm gonna call you names to cope
Yes, I'm a shill. A shill for the better products, not a company.