/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT (449USD) and RX 5700 (379USD) will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: chipset-cheatsheet.jpg (1510x849, 717K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/rambleed-rowhammer-attack-can-now-steal-data-not-just-alter-it/
m.newegg.com/product/0JC-0081-00030?m_ver=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/BGxLMZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>Used cards can be had for a steal
Jamal, please.

Is this the new RGB?

Attached: IMG_20190612_110745.jpg (4160x3120, 2.65M)

I want a Ryzen 3800X (assuming the reviews show the performance is there). Are these X570 motherboards gonna cost a ton?

>Are these X570 motherboards gonna cost a ton?
Da

>Are these X570 motherboards gonna cost a ton?
Yes. Why do you need them? A 470 taichi is all you need for a decent performance on the new cpus.

Will the 1660 last a couple years at 1080p?

Just got one plus an i5 9400f.

>0 fps

Will the 470s run them out of the box or will they need a bios update?

Typical AyyMD

Pretty cool that PBO is allowed even on the non-X chips now. No reason to bother spending $50 more for budget builds.

Attached: blki3g068y331.jpg (960x540, 104K)

Well I don't know much about the motherboards, I just assumed I'd want to get the new chipset to go with the new generation. I'm not used to AMD where everything seems highly interchangable

Yes, they need a bios update first. Look out for that. Otherwise they can support the new chips, the only thing you won't get is pcie 4 which is currently useless unless you want to run ton of NVME drives.

Yes. It's Intcel's fault because they bribed the mobo manufacturers to make it more expensive

zdnet.com/article/rambleed-rowhammer-attack-can-now-steal-data-not-just-alter-it/
>70% performance hit
>Only Intel is affected
OH NO NO NO INTELBROS

Attached: 186-1869318_67059574-pink-wojak-clipart.jpg (880x815, 252K)

This is just a fucking comedy now.

good but when rx 670?

>>Only Intel is affected
lmao not even true which you would know if you read the article or understood what it was about

So I'll HAVE to buy a version with updated bios?

>voltage spikes to 1.6v randomly
you are retarded if you think PBO should be used

Whats a good desk and chair /pcbg/?

Been looking to upgrade my setup

I have a markus right now but one of the arms broke off and the seat got ruined in the rain when I moved

You could always ask the PC shop to upgrade it for you, or for AMD to send you a 200GE for a week

Just built a new pc with a ryzen 2600 thanks to those dank incoming generation price drops. Scored an ROG x470 board for $189, life is good.

>Intcel damage control already here
Intel is finished, rabbi

Pixio PX275h 27" WQHD 2560 x 1440 Widescreen 95Hz Professional IPS Gaming Hybrid Monitor m.newegg.com/product/0JC-0081-00030?m_ver=1

Is this a decent monitor? My GPU will do 1440p but probably not above 100hz for triple A stuff.
For gods sake I just want a reliable monitor with good colors and decent response times but theres so much false advertising and talk of ghosting/dead pixels/back light bleed etc.
You guys helped me build my computer and I really need help finding a good monitor. Budget maxes out at 400 USD.

no need to make up shit then if they are already
finished

Talk me down from Radeon VII

Do not:
>try to use marketing scams like ‘ray tracing’ ‘retina display’ ‘Ecoboost’ etc

I expected better from this website than to spout that BS

Yeah I'm sure AMD have no idea what they're doing. I'm the retard.

Attached: w84lb89l51211.png (821x352, 52K)

>9400f
Why would you do this to yourself?

>I expected better from this website than to spout that BS
You're on the wrong website lol

It's a corporate work card with a gaming sticker. If you want to do calculations then go ahead.

>2019
>6 cores 6 threads

where'd you get it for so cheap? I need to know where Jow Forums buys their shit, right now I'm just checking eBay used stuff

pcpartpicker.com/list/BGxLMZ

Is this the best day-to-day usage PC you can build for $3000?

it's shit and you're gonna become deaf when you use it remotely hard (amd was too por for thermal paste or a decent arch)

>reddit
>actual AMD employee
(You)

>Intel
No.

I love how AAA is practically synonymous with unoptimized garbage. Also, think for yourself dumbfuck, your monitor is ALWAYS being used. Might as well make your budget flexible and get something like pic related.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-12 12-37-13.png (1531x620, 330K)

????
nice argument retard

What’s the difference? It gets good results on benchmarks and the price for performance seems good vs Nvidia.

That’s a real question by the way. I don’t see why it matters. Botox is only FDA approved for bunny lines and yet you can use it to solve headaches, any wrinkles, and TMJ pain.

>$3000
>8 cores/8threads
>not even best gaymen GPU
It's shit

9700k looked plenty good in AMD's E3 slides

Is this only one possible use of mac?

Attached: img.jpg (700x1244, 136K)

Yes, Robert Hallock is an actual AMD employee, a pretty high profile one at that.

Reminder that AMD used a 5133Mhz RAM for their benchmarks and intel still won. Expect 10-20% worse performance with a typical 3200 cl16 ram.

Attached: TravisK_DonWNext_Horizon_GamingRyzen_Deep_Dive_06092019page017.jpg (2000x1125, 207K)

>mental gymnasitcs

Reminder that you're pulling this out of your ass and should kill yourself for this low quality shitpost.

Well, it's higher power consumption and probably hotter. Just saying that it's basically the MI20 or what it was called.

He is right tho

I would love that but 400 dollars is the hard limit, still have to stretch my shit ass paycheck for tuition and rent. If you have any recommendations in my price range then I'd like to hear them.

just get a mobo that has bios flashback so you can do it via usb

will all of the Ryzen 3000 CPUs come with their own CPU coolers?
I'm looking at the Ryzen 3600

Well no.
IF you could actually read charts, you'd know that if they were aiming for absolute peak performance they would have used low latency 3733. 5133 would perform objectively worse in all CPU bound tasks.

Attached: img.jpg (911x600, 45K)

>$260 monitor posted
>better recommend a $625 monitor instead

wew

>3200 cl14 the same as 3600 cl16
dank, my OC was worth it

Hahaha is this really the level intel marketing is sinking to?
Nice.

>faster ram performs worse with AMD
kek

Intel employees are literally shaking now.

Jesus you're thicker than molasses m8
Faster RAM performs RAM related things faster. If you want to max out CPU potential, you need 3733. Theoretically 7466 would perform the same but that's not even possible.
You probably own a fucking i3 and 2133 RAM anyway you larping fag.

At that price point why not just get a dedicated work card? Using your infantile analogy it's like using botox to treat child migraines. Its absolute overkill in price compared to aspirin and the child cant tell the difference.

x570 - motherboard
amd 3900x - cpu
g skill trident z 3200 14cl, 2x16gb - ram
nvidia 2070super - gpu
4k 27" IPS monitor
is this good?

I still install bluray drives in my builds.
Does that make me gay?

>nvidia 2070super
>4k
"No"

Nothing wrong with that.

Attached: b2c.png (1000x861, 259K)

If you have more than one BD drive, then yes, you are a homosexual.

no
no

How else would I watch both of my copies of cool runnings in 4K bluray?

2080ti is expensive for me. And I will never play at ulras though

Does Intel just not fucking care? With all these constant exploits and vulnerability's being found you would think Intel would need all the positive PR they could get. Yet they hardly say anything and they won't even try to put their CPU's on sale to combat the zen2 release. They really must not give two shits about AMD.

>$1000 for cpu+mobo+ram
>$450 for gpu
cringe

Why no?

Attached: 15603547141110.png (747x335, 27K)

Burn it to storage using ./brain.sh.

They said something like "c-c-come b-beat us in real gaming AMD!" before E3.
Embarrassing really.

>did not paid intel OC tax
the 1660 will outlive that rig
do you at least have a z mobo

Intel is willing to concede market share to preserve margins.

AMD showed intel performing better on their slides. Intel doesnt have to do anything, amd is cucking themselves.

oof yikes

Attached: kxrireezfy331.jpg (1083x1000, 121K)

Why would they care? As of now they have the top end market absolutely dominated. AMD may as well not exist in the server market. And AMD pretty much only exists in the mobile market to avoid a monopoly lawsuit. When it comes to security vulnerabilities you're pissing in an ocean of piss.

We'll see what the 3900x does soon in real benchmarks/gaming.

you dont need the mac for that

just the $999 stand

>showed intel performing better
Pretty sure they were trading blows, when only a single gen earlier they were fairly significantly behind. Of course you'll keep downplaying that though.

REEEE HELP ME FIND A MONITOR YOU FAGS

I wanted to buy 3400g, knowing it was a total mistake (no pcie 4.0, limited pcie lanes, almost no improvement over 2400g), what Intel CPU counterpart should I buy?

I don't care about memes, it has to "just work".

why dont you monitor your blood pressure, you autistic mong

no fuck off

Well with the price leaks on the x570 boards it looks like Asus is now going full jew with their AMD boards now. I really hope this isn't going to be an on going trend.

Get a 21:9 34/35 incher. 144 Hz is a meme.

Whomever run their Twitter is literally just a paid shill. I wouldn't consider it speaking for anyone.
I just hope the vulnerabilities hurt their enterprise sales. They also have a sizable laptop market share. They're more than happy to give up the desktop market share.

compare to the 9960X

16c/32t

$1700 instead of $2000

Attached: 2019-06-12 13_02_00.png (863x1066, 55K)

>144 Hz is a meme.
Completely false, get some new eyes. I can agree that past 100 fps is absurdly difficult to even notice a difference desu.

All the x570 mobos are similar in price

240hz isnt meme then and you will see the differences between 60hz and it without a doubt.

Reminder there is a lot of AMD stock owners doing damage control and shilling on Jow Forums and really all over the net.

For god sake, wait for truthworthy 3rd party reviews on everything before you buy anything.

Attached: why is nobody shilling anti-lag.jpg (1720x2176, 829K)

now this is the Nvidia I fell in love with

>damage control
What damage?

>w-w-wait for (((independent))) benchmarks goys...
>or if you can't wait, may i suggest an Intel® Core™ Processor?

Yes, it is. You absolutely don't need it for anything other being autistic in a shitty online game which you run at 720p to reach high refresh rate.

The lower end ones are the same as Intel and within $50 or less of the x470. And aren't the new CPUS backwards compatible?
x570 ranges from $180 to $1000 atm.

>What damage?
AMD navi is overpriced and the presentation used a lot of marketing gimmicks and possibly lies.
So you should wait for actual reviews.

>w-w-wait for (((independent))) benchmarks goys...
>or if you can't wait, may i suggest an Intel® Core™ Processor?
I didn't tell you what to buy. I told you there is a lot of dishonest shilling form AMD stock holders.
And you absolutely should wait for reviews and tests on performance and the feature gimmicks.
After that, as an informed consumer, you can buy what ever you deem best.

Spotted two of the idiots that only come here to shill

>Input lag
>higher is better