Dual boot

>Dual boot
>Use the most debloated Win10 version
>Still can't compete with one of the most bloated Linux distros

Attached: ayyyylmao.jpg (1320x1074, 453K)

Define "compete"

Mint is using a third of the RAM compared to Winblows with both systems idle. I even closed Malwarebytes and a bunch of processes in Win10 to try to even the field.

There is no reason whatsoever to use Winblows in the current year.

Would you rather use windows if it was open source and free to download and use, no activation. No registration, same terms as Ubuntu?

If it was without all the spyware etc, then yes, most probably

Difference between the two is one can actually do it’s job.

This is why I keep going back to Ubuntu MATE and Linux Mint MATE.

>retards still don't understand caching
i use linux exclusively but you're embarassing yourself

No, making it free and open source won't magically remove the problems Windows currently has.

please tell me this is trolling and you are not actually clinically retarded

Replace Windows with macOS and we have a deal.

Going FOSS doesn't make it suddenly not eat 3GB at idle.

Win10 was still using 2GB at idle when I fresh installed it 2 days ago. Fell for the fucking LTSC meme and I had to waste time fixing grub on top of the time I lost installing, disabling telemetry and tweaking the system.

Fuck Windows.

there are a large group of linux users who genuinely believe not using their ram is a sign of efficiency lmao

Guess the amount of skeletons this would have revealed would have geopolitical implications. Thus probably not a smart thing to do.

Attached: 2019-06-12_23-36-03.png (614x813, 82K)

You're a retard. Not everyone had 64GB of ram on their computers. I have 8GB and quite a lot of computers sold today still have 4GB. When 50% of your ram goes away only on running an OS, you are left with almost nothing to run actual programs.

the OS is caching data relavant to those used programs to make operation faster.

Please stop embarassing yourself.

Attached: serveimage.png (420x420, 168K)

>dual boot
retard
>win 10
double retard
>linux
triple retard

Yeah, no. There's 4GB cached. 2GB in use.

It was also 2GB in use when I FRESH INSTALLED 2 DAYS AGO. There were no programs installed to optimize.

Attached: PhotoEditor_20190612_184157692.jpg (1028x720, 397K)

>fresh windows
>no programs installed
hahahahahhaahhahahaha

the OS will make room for you to run applications when there's not enough ram

>iToddler
kys

Attached: 1559589325585.gif (500x491, 370K)

>missing the point
If the OS comes with default programs that use so much memory then it's bloat and it's a shit OS.

Or are you telling me you actually use Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, etc, etc?

no I use linux. I just understand how and why windows uses ram

ReactOS is basically trying to do this, even if its still pretty early in development.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1477444440855.jpg (490x490, 131K)

>I just understand how and why windows uses ram
It doesn't look like you do since you can't read the task manager properly. 4GB are cached and 2,6 GB are in use.

>using more RAM = bloat
child