What should I look for when buying pc speakers? I want the loudest sound possible...

What should I look for when buying pc speakers? I want the loudest sound possible. My subwoofer of less than 2 years is cracking like a mad man and I need new speakers. Good pc speakers with subwoofer that doesn't start cracking in 2 years. Help me out fellas.

Pic related. It cracks up like... something. I've bought it 2 years ago and like to play it on the loudest. It also may give you an idea of my budget. But I'm not afraid of going a little higher than that.

Attached: edifier-x100b.jpg (600x421, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/d/jersey-city-audioengine-5-speakers-black/6907886985.html
edifier.com/int/en/speakers/e235-luna-e-2.1-bluetooth-wireless-subwoofer
edifier.com/int/en/speakers/r1280db
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't buy "PC speakers". Just get some bookshelf speakers and an amp.

any recommendations?

just get real loudspeakers. computer speakers will never be loud enough for you

Just get bookshelf speakers and a separate woofer to an external amp. Or look at the edifier HD25 Luna set that comes with the woofer, I eblieve they're all powered so they don't need an amp

look up reviews for AudioEngine

Attached: shopping.jpg (2750x2077, 389K)

Q Acoustic 3020i. Amps, any cheap chinese shit will do. They're all hit or miss unless you wanna drop like $300 on a true receiver. The Topping MX3 looks nice

for example:
newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/d/jersey-city-audioengine-5-speakers-black/6907886985.html

Not particularly. I just use some random speakers I got from a family member who didn't need them anymore. The speakers are probably over 20 years old and they sound fine.
Unless you're really going for high-end shit, I doubt what you get is going to make any real difference.
You can also get these kinds of speakers insanely cheap second hand.

There is also the option of getting powered speakers (i.e. the amp is built in), which would be fine too, but aren't as flexible.

this is good advice, and so is audioengine used or something similar

I like the Genius SP-HF1250B, got them for ~30€

Attached: 1547579477441.jpg (500x333, 15K)

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 is the gold standard.

haven't tried the newer bluetoof versions but they should still be legit.

Attached: horny tweeters.jpg (1600x1200, 242K)

Just get a Kef LS50W (that’s the powered version). Probably the best value for high fidelity sound out there.

Attached: 73122D58-24B5-44B5-8C23-2004005E5EDA.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

This one looks good. It's within my limited budget and it has good reviews.

haha, no
literal dumpster or side of the road left for pick up tier

in this high price range you have entered into hundreds of possibilities; LS50 is also thin in midrange and bass

what shit recommendations

good advice

You should listen to those first anons and just buy loudspeakers and an amp. Trust me, it'll be cheaper and better than "pc speakers".

These are well known for really bad distortion from the lower midrange to the fake bass range. So, gold standard for bad distortion, lol.

>pc speakers
don't unless you want just acceptable sound. pick up an amp and some bookshelf speakers and a sub off of ebay/craigslist or at goodwill

edifier.com/int/en/speakers/e235-luna-e-2.1-bluetooth-wireless-subwoofer

I have pic related with the same issue.
Is there a solution for this?
The sound is decent overall but the cracking is fucking annoying.

Attached: Edifier x220.jpg (500x500, 35K)

Bose Companion 3 Series II the unfortunately dont make these anymore but have had them for 10 years work great sound great very compact don't know if anyone has something that compares would like to know myself

No, there's nothing you can do about it. when the subwoofer starts cracking it's time to buy another one.

You'd probably be much better off abandoning the idea of "computer speakers." Buy a digital receiver from one of the big brands (Yamaha, denon, Panasonic, I don't remember) and a pair of large stereo speakers.

what about the bass? I like bass.

Yes you, can. Buy an amp and connect it to the subwoofer.

Also, if an amp and a subwoofer is too expensive for you just go with the loudspeakers.

i guess my standards are low, they sound good to me. plenty loud enough.

Is this one any good?

edifier.com/int/en/speakers/r1280db

OP here. Nevermind I figured it out.

just sage the thread if you don't like it, dude. No need to go psycho and impersonate the op for no reason.

Bump

Just buy these and ur good.

Attached: Screenshot_20190613_012422_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg (1080x1920, 481K)

It doesn't matter how good speakers you get if your room is acoustically too small and resonates shittily

I would rather take $500 speakers in a large room with good acoustics compared to $10.000 speakers in a small room with no acoustic treatment

no. those ones are trash.