Jow Forums I am a junior virtual infrastructure engineer. A friend gave me this Poweredge for free...

Jow Forums I am a junior virtual infrastructure engineer. A friend gave me this Poweredge for free. The power supply isnt working so I cant check the specs till I get a new one. I'm trying to get VMware as my hypervisor but its like 5 grand for the enterprise version. How do I get VMware without paying that much for it?

>Tldr: Looking for VMware Vsphere or free
>General virtualization thread
>VMware, Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Citrix

Attached: IMG_20190614_082947_427__01.jpg (1080x2075, 274K)

> >VMware, Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Citrix
Proprietary garbage. Way to curse your thread. Also ESXi is free, even their key is given free of charge after the registration.

I know its proprietary but I work very closely with that software so I would like to have an environment as close to work as possible

>The power supply isnt working
Bust out the soldering iron. It's always the undersized 25V filter cap on the output side.

OP here. Image of work. I work with Windows Enterprise solutions and vSphere. (Why I want VMware for my home lab)

Image obscured for identity sake

Attached: PSX_20190614_113427__01.jpg (2176x4608, 570K)

It's probably on pirate bay why would you even make a thread for this?

You get a free limited version when you register on the site. Perfect for home use. The only thing you can’t do is clustering.

Attached: 1560526819999.jpg (2176x4608, 1.59M)

??

Yea that was my initial concern with the free version

>Virtualization general

piratebay.icu

Use xen

I was just told to use that by a coworker

how are you an ANYTHING 'virtual infrastructure' 'engineer' asking these noob level questions?

Lol how is asking to not pay 5 grand for a hypervisor a noob question? I gave specific needs you fucking autist

Op, just pastebin lookup a key, VMWare doesnt even auth it over the net. You are welcome

Use kvm, liberal

>Op, just pastebin lookup a key, VMWare doesnt even auth it over the net. You are welcome

I will suck your cock. Thank you.

Now that we are in the topic, what hypervisor does everyone here use? I imagine virtul box since most people use Linux. What are the upsides to using a docker instead?

Attached: server.jpg (1148x696, 1.25M)

KVM
docker isn't a HV

Yea I know Docker isnt a hypervisor. Why is it picking up popularity?

Easy and convenient for when you don't need an entire other instance of an OS running

I tried to sharpen image...

We use VMware to make the host the VM's. Then we provision tens of thousands of them to people around the world using Citrix. Is Citrix going the way of the dinosaurs with the advent of cloud networks? Should I get a new job?

>I tried to sharpen image...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

m8 I don't work with these systems.
Sounds like a VPS business though. I don't think those are going away any time soon.