You may not like it, but this is what peak screw looks like

You may not like it, but this is what peak screw looks like

Attached: computer_screws.jpg (390x390, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xn-Rnfwix8Q&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

>let's you use a socket bit on them
You're right for once OP, I learned rhe hard way how important this feature is in a screw.

stop stripping screw heads like a tard whose only ever used a tool when it's nerd related like building a pc

Fuck these

Attached: FANSCREW.B.jpg (600x600, 30K)

Wood screws are clearly superior.

fuck those

I prefer black
they match my case color

Attached: 20-Pieces-PC-Computer-Case-PSU-Screws-Black.jpg (400x231, 18K)

i will not rest until all screws are torx

This.
Fucking tired of garbage Phillips and JIS. Absolute trash tier standard.

No! Those tiny rubber buttplug things are best.

I'm not THAT gay...

this?

Attached: $_57.jpg (1001x1001, 63K)

Should had been the industry standard.

Attached: torx.jpg (500x500, 25K)

>for me, it's phill--
sorry,
>for me, it's ph--
pardon me,
>for me, it's phill--
ah, sorry,
>for me, it's phi--
let's try again,
>fOr mee, it's phi--
sorry,
>frdr me its phrllll--
golly, this is irritating
>ffr me it phll
i give up

The flanged hex phillips head. A truly fine screw.

Attached: bueno.jpg (600x607, 75K)

>stop stripping screw heads
phillips heads are literally designed to do this. they're a shitty design in every way. Even flatheads would be better than the Eternal Phillips.

I learned the lesson while doing home installation work of various things. is right, Phillips head screws are just fucking trash and designed to strip.

Apple pentalobe screws are superior. Not only your computer but you are also screwed by them.

Attached: ScrewAndDriver.png (1024x768, 1024K)

>not a single mention of self-tapping robertson screws, the epitome of engineering
this thread is fucking gay

Um user i think you mean to post this

Attached: 61jdQBpf.jpg (425x425, 17K)

if you have problems with phillips it's probably because you're using a pozidrive screwdriver or the wrong size screwdriver or it's because you're a limp wristed faggot that doesn't know how to torque a screw

nobody has heard of these outside of canada

like your man

Oh yes that's the stuff.

>special snowflake internal geometry bolts
>especially in small scale applications that require so little torque that even slotted or philips will hold up just fine
The only reason you manage to strip slots or philips around the household is because you're a fucking ape that keeps overtorqueing everything because he thinks more force = more result. Small scale is fine with slot or philips, large scale uses external hex heads anyway.

Attached: c_155x155_1316213274_73ff_204901.gif.jpg (155x155, 9K)

this can't be right, that doesn't look like a picture of your mom....

torx m4?

Why would anyone want these. You need a special tool and they don't have the nice hexagonal socket on them. They're literally inferior in every possible way

>not torx
gay

>A special tool
A screwdriver?

Robertson or gtfo

Attached: robertson-screw-photo-d-stewart.jpg (336x280, 31K)

looks like garbage zinc/chrome plated screws.

Jewscrew best screw.

At least they don't fucking strip like garbage philips heads and a screwdriver isn't a "special tool".

Here here. Everything I find that has a non robbie in it gets replaced if I can.

>When they die, the members of DIY project has a name. It's name it's Robertson Paulsenton

>torx
torx a shit
a shit

Although Philips is shit, it shouldn't strip as long as you always use the correct size.

98% of screws stripping is just people using for example a PH1 bit on a PH2 screw, or a PH2 bit on a PZ2 screw.

>because he thinks more force = more result
Is this a dating advice thread now?

They are better at applying more torque and they don't cam-out, so people like them, but irl those are actually features you don't wan't for end users.

>Why would anyone want these.

The pentalobe was a joke.
But people love Torx because they won't strip even when they are rusted.
Hex is decent as well, but torx brings it to the next level.

>You need a special tool
Every screw except flat heads needs a special "tool" specifically for that one type and size.
If everything used Torx you'd only need about 8 sizes of Torx bits and that's it.

>strip even when they are rusted
lies. I've stripped torx head a couple times salvaging apple laptops.

I think the reason for the hexagon exterior is so you could fasten it at a 90 degree angle.
Could mean the difference between being able to take a board out without removing other components or not.

Of course anything is possible with Chinkanese crap.
But if you stripped a torx you would have stripped pretty much any alternative on the market.

*blocks your path*

Attached: file.png (216x150, 33K)

camming out is not something that's needed anymore. The reason that phillips shitheap does that is because back in the 1960s power drills with brushed motors would destroy themselves if they jammed, so it was better to ruin the screw than the drill. This hasn't been a problem for many years, though, and it's completely irrelevant to screws driven by a human wrist anyhow. Camming-out is solving a problem that no longer exists.

>The Phillips screwdriver design may[citation needed] have a tendency to cam out at lower torque levels than other, newer Pozidriv-type designs. There has long been a popular belief that this was actually a deliberate feature of the design, for the purpose of assembling aluminum aircraft without overtightening the fasteners.[2] The feature is not mentioned in the original patents.[1] However, a subsequent refinement to the original US Patent #2,474,994 does describe it.[3][4]
It's not a bug it's a feature guys

Sure, buddy. Go put in some screws, wait some years, and then try to remove it. Some of them will come out fine, others will be more stuck. The option to use a socket bit is very helpful, removes the need to cut a slot with a dremel to adapt it to flat head.

based

These nazi screws seem to be designed primarily to prevent use of a normal screwdriver.

if you use the right size of flathead you can drive phillips screws more effectively than you can with an actual phillips driver. Sure there's the downside of needing to select the right size, but thats what phillipsfags are always screaming you should do anyway.

>assembling aluminum aircraft without overtightening the fasteners.

Who the fuck uses screws to assemble aircraft?
Rivets are lighter and far more secure.

>a special screwdriver
the most important screwdriver is always the one in your hearth

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-14_23-32-04.png (399x433, 209K)

These are GOAT
Fuck em, they never want to go in straight
Torx? Better than philips at least. Still no socket option to remove them if the become stripped.
Pentalobe? Fuck these things hard, they're almost as good as Torx and exist only to prevent use of any semi common bit in removing them.

what is this wonder called?

It's a torq.
But Innenvielzahn is still the most based of them all.

Attached: XZN.png (167x409, 76K)

is there any comprehensive comparison of screw heads with torque and camout data?

ITT retards that dont realize their shitty tools are the source of all their problems

>decide to open an old 80s betamax
>8 different types of screw

Attached: 1335689540527.png (425x340, 69K)

FUCK THOSE

get a server case, most of the screws are torx

Attached: Recovered_jpg_file(20750).jpg (600x856, 92K)

TOP TIER IS TORQUE AND ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU DIFFERENT IS A SHILL

youtube.com/watch?v=xn-Rnfwix8Q&feature=youtu.be

they're usually made of soft chinesium

Attached: th.jpg (474x296, 11K)

I always heard it was to step people assembling things in factors to not over tighten things with air tools