Linux still cant play most indie games

>linux still cant play most indie games

Attached: 1560303786193.png (913x1200, 358K)

It plays all the games I like...

>Sataniafags still can't make a good thread

>nooo not my video games!!!!
I guess the redditania meme is real

most indie games are "16bit" sprite garbage. wine would have no problem running that shit

wrong subreddit,btw

DID SOMEONE SAY GAMES??

Attached: 1560507706535.gif (800x371, 125K)

wtf you never heard of itch.io?

the faggotry of OP is boundless

The value of programming PC games for cross platform distribution is low compared to the extra time and effort spent debugging and such.

>video games are a waste of time
>arguing about distros, desktop ricing and crying about video games isn't though
ok

A great many engines and platforms make cross-platform as easy as selecting from a dropdown which platform you want to build for. The value is huge when cross-platform includes Windows, OS X, Android and iOS. Tools that include these options usually also include Linux.

>most indie games are "16bit" sprite garbage
Peer reviewed source to back up this claim.
>wine would have no problem running that shit
Factually wrong. The problem with Wine is that you don't really know how Windows system calls even work half of the time. The fact that a program is simple or not is not a direct predictor of how easy it is to run on Wine.

>A great many engines and platforms make cross-platform as easy as selecting from a dropdown which platform you want to build for.
And this is the reason why 90% of the games on Steam that support GNU/Linux don't actually run flawlessly (if they even run OOTB).

Can confirm, wine runs most of my wholesome Japanese rpgmaker games just fine.

Proton is really good these days from my experience.

You'll grow up some day, young man.

P.S. the distro war fags are also /v/edditors such as yourself.

This. A great many Windows only games work perfectly fine under Linux.

That is one sexy satania

good

Most indie games are trash anyway. I see no problem with this.

It's not for gamers

F/SN Realta Nua works without patching in WINE now and Ren'Py is supported natively.

>linux still cant *
It's a common problem.

>ive never actually worked with i.e. unity: the post
Retards like you need to understand the words us oldfags learned in the 90s from Java:
WRITE
ONCE
DEBUG
EVERYWHERE

BASED

werks on my machine

Touhou works on my machine®©™

Porting to other platforms isn't especially difficult by itself, it's more that in the case of Linux, there are dozens of different distributions and numerous issues with GPU drivers which makes support a nightmare.

And that's a good thing!

Attached: 1443674136491.jpg (497x544, 174K)

linux can play anything but the devs can't code linux

Which games you can't play?

In other words, it will work out of the box on Ubuntu and maybe Debian and Fedora. If you use some weird distro or did weird things to your setup, you'll need to adapt things to make it work.

what the fuck are you talking about almost every single indie game is available in Linux native.

Attached: scrot_2019-05-15-21:12:28_1366x768.png (1366x768, 102K)