This is the best small router and anyone who disagrees is a dumb person

This is the best small router and anyone who disagrees is a dumb person.

Attached: edgerouter.jpg (500x250, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=248
netgate.com/solutions/pfsense/sg-3100.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: bestrouterever.jpg (220x166, 4K)

It is good and I use them at 3 offices and my house and parents house.
friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=248
this is also great, but 1 of the 2 ethernet ports is only 100mbps, so if you're going to have a connection faster, you should go edgerouter.
Also you need hardware NAT for gigabit speeds on edgerouter which 99% of people don't do.

its 1gp/s

I prefer this one. It's also faster.

Attached: 1406_hi_res.png (3840x2444, 1.76M)

how many pps switching cause wan i'm sure is 1gbps?

Mikrotik for routing
Ubiquiti for Wireless.
Based.

Attached: suluknows.jpg (441x408, 16K)

I've heard more people saying they chose Ubiquity for wireless but can you tell me why?

Currently I have a hAp AC with 3x3 MIMO. With a 2x2 AC laptop I'm able to get around ~330Mbit up and down, I haven't tested a 3x3 connection but it will be hard capped at 500Mbit since that's the limit between the wireless chip and the switch. But I'm the most impressed over the usable reach of the 5Ghz band on it, I can still get 200Mbit (my wan speed) on my laptops 2 floors below it.

However I'm getting fiber coming winter so I want to upgrade the network. I want 2 APs with at least 802.11ac, 2x2 MU-MIMO and support for seamless roaming. Mikrotik doesn't have any APs with MU-MIMO support yet and the roaming setup is a bit hacky at least. Does Ubiquity offer a good solution for me? Suggestions for other vendors are always welcome too of course.

Mikrotik. My man. Support latvian economy.

Attached: 23-kreisais-perkonkrusts-ugunskrusts-3.jpg (2481x2481, 407K)

i got max 306mbps on a 1x1 chinkphone with uap-ac-lite. it just works, no reboots, no downtime, no nothing. just works.

If Mikrotik were to release an AP with my requirements I most probably would unless there is a better alternative. Also it would be nice if they would finally release the legendary RouterOS 7 which really is taking way too long by now.

That's fine but it doesn't support MU-MIMO. Also, can you elaborate a bit more on what Ubiquity has that makes it a better alternative to Mikrotik? My AP already delivers good raw throughput to a single device so that's not really a selling point to me. I'm most interested in the difference in roaming and MU-MIMO since I'm living with 4 others.

>absolute shit UI and CLI
No thanks user.

Qotom Mini PC with pfSense is objectively better

Attached: 61qyGHI8YzL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 38K)

How is it at DHCPv6? Can it get a delegated prefix from ISP and advertise it on LAN?

For sure pfSense. I have it on this netgate.com/solutions/pfsense/sg-3100.html

Sure

Attached: pfsense.png (2024x990, 144K)

Humm no, sweet

Attached: rb760igs.jpg (800x800, 37K)

This

Why aren't there any IPs in the list? Are you on an ISP that still doesn't offer v6?

triple seven over here knows what the score is

Attached: mako_check.png (698x720, 403K)

I have Spectrum... so DHCPv6 is something I've only heard legend of.

I have experience
Fortinet certified and 5 years experience
Cisco certified and 8 years experience
Ccna security
Ccna r/s
Fortinet
Meraki
Sec +
Net +
5 years experience as security and networking engineer

I cant find a job.
Do I finally go for the ccnp or oscp?
No server or scripting experience
I'm a routing switch and security monkey

Attached: tenor.gif (400x400, 2.2M)

wrong
t. built his own pfSense router with a jew SBC
if you don't own a UPS you're doing it wrong
dedicated routers are better than diy routers because you can unplug them and they won't fucking brick on you.

I disabled it for reasons.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-15-fullpage.png (2036x2426, 468K)

What are the specs to look for if I want a stronger wireless signal? My ISPs default router has a weak wireless.

Move. Like, geographically.

Spectrum supports DHCPv6 pretty much everywhere except Florida. Pic related

Attached: dhcpv6.png (1002x997, 74K)

a rebadge of generic chink shit in a box™

I'm upstate NY,will have to look into it. Not that I care about ipv6 until it becomes mandatory

Isn't DHCP for IPv6 an idiotic and nonsensical idea?
In that scheme, every physical device is supposed to have its own IP address.

all of these are made in the same handful of factories in taiwan, using the same handful of suppliers from china, which supply the same handful of parts from china

Mikrotik routers use prefix delegation to get their IP range, then advertise that IP range for clients to pick their addresses through SLAAC. Currently, they don't support stateful DHCPv6.

Attached: 1560542822950.jpg (220x166, 8K)

Me too man.

Look at the MIMO. Avoid 2x2, it is bottom of the barrel. Good routers have 3x3. If you want top quality you can get a 4x4 but be prepared to pay.

>every physical device is supposed to have its own IP address
They do, but it's not constant, the address varies depending on your location. If the address stayed the same Internet routing tables would have to be impractically large.

It is very nice, and possibly the best for the price. but you can do better outside of that price range.

not sure I like the SG3100 - I mean it isn't bad, but that marvel switch is a pain right in my ass. it is also a bit light on the cpu, memory, and disk size for my tastes - but I guess for a small deployment like home and small to medium office it should work fine, as long as you aren't needing services like snort on a few interfaces or extensive VPN use.

The 7100 is nice, but it for some reason hard lags the login, but acts fine after that.

The 1541s are very nice, but a bit overkill for most things. We have pulled back to the 7100s for most deployments now.

I'm in Central Florida and Spectrum has been providing DHCPv6 since at least a few weeks ago.

I'm in Denver

This is the best small router and anyone who disagrees is a dumb person.

Attached: AR750S_Ext_main_ces2.png (927x1042, 326K)

IPv6 breaks addresses into prefix and suffix. You have a different prefix for Internet, link local, and LAN. Then you also have a hardware-derived suffix, a random suffix, a token suffix, a suffix you got from from the DHCP server because why not... Bare minimum you have 4 addresses for one Internet connection on a modern OS.

these things are shit

mine keep locking up for no reason and i didn't even upgrade to 2.0.3, they're on 1.10.9. sent one for rma and the replacement has the same issue

i feel like its the ipsec hw offloading but if i turn it off my speed is going into the trash

i should have known it was too good to be true

Attached: 1488219541318.png (419x640, 249K)

Qotoms are a bit expensive for me. I'm waiting for 7nm athlons. Current athlons are 35tdp.

Installing on zfs should eliminate this.

Literally chinkshit hardware.
Name one reason why it's better than my consumer box that also happens to be twice as powerful.
Maybe if you had posted something that isn't a bottom of the line glorified consumer hardware you'd have a point.

Attached: 1547979499036.jpg (516x891, 37K)

anons please suggest a modem
don't feel like falling for the rent scam or one with propietary software
also poorfag :(

Finally, a router with a headphone jack!

lol retard, it's photoshop, lmao these distorted images of fake ports shopped onto it

vaporware