Will Apple ever create good shit again or are they doomed forever ?

will Apple ever create good shit again or are they doomed forever ?

Attached: OH NONONONONOONONONONON.jpg (640x360, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com.au/BenQ-Photographer-3840x2160-AdobeRGB-Calibration/dp/B01MSJ7KYG/ref=sr_1_2?fst=as:off&qid=1560583385&refinements=p_72:2547912051,p_36:100000-400000&rnid=5355409051&s=computers&sr=1-2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_video
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LOL SO BASED AMIRITE

its a legit question, i liked the first 2 iphones

Attached: satania.gif (480x270, 392K)

will OP ever create good threads or are we doomed forever ?

legit answer: they will have to hit rock bottom again and Cook will have to retire before they concentrate on anything other than prolonging their success from the 2nd Jobs era

>finally come out with a mac pro that pros want
>keyboard warriors with cardboard pc cases shit on it for not being what they wanted
>ridiculously good new monitor for the price, apple fucks up on the stand but oh let's not talk about how apple pulled off the impossible on the display tech
>ipad pro finds good balance so to not incringe on Surface Pro's market so both do well (Microsoft x Apple in bed together?! HMMMM?!)
>makes phones too good and provides cheap battery replacement program so people don't upgrade as often
I mean they're not the jesus brand, but I mean they're sure doing something right

Attached: satania getting shot.webm (1280x720, 650K)

>again

It's gonna be more about services from here on out. Apart from the new display, none of the hardware seems terribly interesting.

Change the whole management

It would literally be less profitable to create good products at this stage

Attached: 1530377154571.png (1236x858, 1.42M)

wahaha

Attached: images_3.jpg (640x360, 20K)

They do produce good products, if you deny this you're retarded. They're just massively overpriced. Only Apple product I could see myself buying is the iPad.

Maybe when people stop buying applel products for their 2010 name

overpriced != expensive and apple's products are the latter. they wouldn't sell squat if they were 'overpriced', they're not a fashion brand, as much as they may have tried to be before

The answer to your question is the same answer to this question:

"Is Steve Jobs coming back from the dead?"

>again

Attached: yikes.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

>again

>i liked the first 2 iphones

Attached: 425.jpg (330x269, 43K)

Dude, even fucking thinkpads are trash now, do you expect apple of all companies to create good shit?
There isn't a single company making good computers anymore and same applies for almost all new tech.

>finally come out with a mac pro that pros want
yes everyone wants a 256 GB SSD in their $6K workstation

>again

>They make expensive products so they must be good

Attached: uTXY2Yi_d.jpg (638x1000, 40K)

This post reeks of rebranded Applel advertising

Apple and Anime, natural enemies.

Attached: 1219428552275.png (470x495, 27K)

>again

fucked forever. steve jobs is dead. they will continue to liquidate their reputation by pumping out shitty products that still sell well, until they don't. the end.
the future is less "it just works" and more "it juuuust works"

>massively overpriced
I think $116 seperates equally specced xps13 and MBP13. The MBP has faster ssd and ram (but soldered on, non replacable). Maybe better screen? Aluminium vs plastic. Worse keyboard on the MBP. Less ports? Better OS, but with fewer available applications. MBP has better camera placement, XPS has up your nose camera angle. Apple probably has to pay more for their R&D and services that aren't making money like Apple Music (streaming) than Dell.

They didn't
Yes
Shit overpriced monitor
False and they wouldn't want that balance
200% false

Actually kill yourself

>makes their 2019 'pro' laptops worse and more expensive than their 2015 'pro' laptops, with the new laptops being so fucking bad that longstanding users are leaving the brand

>XPS has up your nose camera angle
this hasn't been true for some time, so i'm not sure why anyone would believe the rest of what you have to say

Nope. Though there is hope for the return of Unix systems. Linux and GNU tools are inferior dogshit but people use them because "lol it's better than winshit". GNU+Shit in your mouth is still shit. Apple's XNU code and general architecture has literally zero documentation is just abhorrent to read. It's as bad as Linux, if not worse.

Imagine illumos with custom userland utilities written from scratch. Imagine using Open64 or OpenUH C compilers instead of GCC garbage. It could be ported to POWER9, a clean, efficient, powerful, and secure architecture running code to match, completely unstained by the brown, fecal matter coated hands of Pajeet. Imagine a well designed Motif based desktop environment built around MWM, making code smaller and more secure and portable to Windows or Unix-like systems. No more GTK/Qt failed abortions. Only one consistent toolkit with a retro look and feel and 20+ years of excellent docs.

But nope! Modern devs have to shit in the street and eat naan while they make 5GB hello world programs in PoopooScript.

Attached: 1559843219094.jpg (600x718, 225K)

>again

>his hasn't been true for some time
They still sell those

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 04.58.24.png (1072x577, 675K)

>z4_config_that_cost_7250_grand_and_g_selectively_ignores.jpg

Imagine the world using multics instead of shitty unix that's multics but hates itself for being it.

>again

/thread

[although Jobs being dead means they will not be making another epic comeback]

I never watch apple presentations and i never heard so much bullshit being spewed in the span of 10 minutes.
Are people just so used to this that they ignore the fact that apple literally tried to make a 43,000 dollar 4k monitor look standard just so their own shitty monitor can look like good value?
Really, what the fuck is this?

Attached: 45872395487.png (1679x810, 243K)

>look standard
???

That monitor just has HDR and a high colour gamut, thats it. Apple compared their "cheap" monitor to this as if 43k was standard pricing. You can easily get a monitor of this quality for 3000 or less.

Show me.

amazon.com.au/BenQ-Photographer-3840x2160-AdobeRGB-Calibration/dp/B01MSJ7KYG/ref=sr_1_2?fst=as:off&qid=1560583385&refinements=p_72:2547912051,p_36:100000-400000&rnid=5355409051&s=computers&sr=1-2

Isn't this significantly lower specced than Apple's?

How so?

In basically every way. I don't see how this is even comparable to Apple's.

>4K

Are you a retard?

Im not even comparing it to apples monitor, im comparing it to the 43,000 dollar monitor that apple compared to their monitor, i thought that was obvious. I was wrong about one thing, that 43,000 dollar monitor isnt even 4k, its less.
Did you even watch the presentation?
Like?

I mean, what is even the same?

And why do you think the monitor is $43000?

HDR and high colour gamut?

Doesn't Apple's use extended HDR?

t. nvidia users

>will Apple ever create good shit again
Eh?

Boomers being tricked by marketing jews, there is literally no reason why a monitor should cost that much.
Isnt that just a marketing term? I can't find anything saying extended HDR is an actual spec.

>Isnt that just a marketing term?
I don't think so.

I would appreciate a source since i cant find it.

I don't know how I would source what I've heard. I didn't record it.

No, i mean that i want a link explaining what extended HDR is.

I'm not a search engine.

iTODDLERS BTFO xDD
Satania RULES!! :P

Google cant seem to find anything, it doesnt sound like a real thing.

>Liked the first 2 iphones
>Shit that had been done for years and was on the market for 1/2 the price, just with different touchscreen tech than what was common at the time.

You mean you can't find anything on Goygle.

Doomed iPad Pro that cost 1200 dollars has pixel bleed. Pixel bleed means they cut massive corners and if they did that they will do that again.

>Ridiculously good new monitor for the price
Wrong.
Basically no one is mastering in DCI-P3 any more, all the pro shit has moved to Rec. 2020 and FALD introduces issues with mastering anyway.
If you want a HDR1000 100% DCI-P3 FALD display, you can get them for 1/2 the price.
Hell, there are ones coming out in the next few months with more FALD zones and higher Rec. 2020 coverage for cheaper so even for content consumption it sucks ass

By all means, use duckduckjew, you wont find any info about extended HDR regardless. I cant even find it in any marketing slides either so im starting to believe you made extended HDR up.

I mean it’s like the biggest corners you could cut. Only a faggot ceo would agree to such garbage.

You think I made it up?

I like to trust people but there is literally no information about this magical extended HDR.

As much as large corporations are entities consisting of thousands of people, a single charismatic leader means a lot. It'll be a while til they find their way again.

It's a marketing term that some people think Apple is going to extend into a specific format with higher peak brightness in premiere and the like to lock people harder into their ecosystem.
In reality they're going on about their peak brightness and not the minimum.
Although their static contrast ratio is quite good, it's still nowhere near what you could really call HDR inside each zone

You don't trust people if you treat them like search engines.

Yeah when someone says the obvious, we should brand them shills...right?

High contrast is destroying eyesight. If the next monitor you buy doesn’t have blue light filters and safe contrast settings it’s garbage. Ultra right lights in your eyes all day turns out to be a bad thing. Sure the picture is bright as hell but why do you keep squinting and shading your eyes from the white background commercial.

If you dont have any evidence, ill accept your concession.
So apple's monitors have shittier HDR compared to HDR 1000 certified monitors?

Attached: 1542295305246.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

You can have low peak brightness but incredibly high contrast ratio, you just need incredibly low minimum brightness as well for that. The problem is that LCDs need high peak brightness to get high contrast ratios.
But yeah people are retarded and put their monitors on obscenely bright settings while having their ambient surroundings as basically black

>HDR doesnt matter!

>If you dont have any evidence, ill accept your concession.
This isn't a debate. I was simply stating what I have heard about a prospective product. I guess reddit style debates have killed normal discussion online.

Why are you worried about that? Samsung is selling 8k tv’s now. What are you poor?

He’s a transsexual. Normal isn’t even in his vocabulary.

Why would you even consider it to be a selling point for macs if no one knows what it even is?
HDR is HDR, there are certifications for it, thats all. The monitor i showed you has good HDR, its basically the same thing for half the price.

Im not, i dont even know what it even is.

>Why would you even consider it to be a selling point for macs if no one knows what it even is?
Don't put words in my mouth. I don't even know what you mean by this.
>HDR is HDR
What? HDR is extremely fragmented. There are many different HDR standards. Do you even know what HDR is?

>I mean, what is even the same?
>HDR and high colour gamut?
>Doesn't Apple's use extended HDR?
Your words, not mine. As i said, its the same thing for half the price.
>ignores the part where i say there are certifications for it

Attached: F34B797A-C1A0-4E88-B419-9294B24B1414.jpg (474x295, 19K)

How is it the same thing when the Apple one is 6k while yours is 4k?

> Do you even know what HDR is?

Of course i know, what do you think i'm, tech illiterate?

Mr Google, what is HDR?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_video
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging

>changing goalposts
Fine, i wasnt even comparing it to apples monitor in the first place so i didnt pick a monitor with a higher resolution, i was comparing it to the 43k monitor. Somewhere along the way, it got compared to the apples monitor. You win, there are almost no 6k monitors around, its a weird number for monitors. If you want a high quality 6k monitor, there is literally no other option. Although there is an 8k dell monitor out there.

What am I changing? What were you referring to when you said it was the same thing for half the price?

>The HDR is the same
>But extended HDR
>Its the same
>But 6k resolution
As we were now comparing it to apples monitor, which is double the price of the monitor i showed you earlier, its half the price of apples monitor for the same experience, only difference is 4k vs 6k.
The embarrassing thing is that you can get 8k for less than apples 6k.
>

cont.
I should add that the 8k monitor doesn't have HDR or any special features. So if you need a 6k monitor with HDR and high colour gamut, there is literally no competition. Although, the value is still incredibly shit.

Why did you suddenly jump back to that? It's very hard to follow your train of thought. Can you get a spec sheet for both if you mean to compare them?

I was answering your question. You were saying the HDR is different between them, when it turns out it wasnt, you changed the topic to resolution instead. Thats the goalpost that moved.
We dont have a spec sheet, apple didnt really release one that shows all the colour gamuts, they did however, compare it to a monitor that costs 43,000 dollars though. That monitor supposedly has a "high colour gamut" and "HDR", i thought this price was utter bullshit so i found a 2000 dollar monitor that easily fits those two criteria. If Apple compared their monitor to the one i showed, their value would look absolutely horrendous. I dont doubt that apples monitor is going to be atleast somewhat decent if not incredible, i just find it really shady that they are comparing their monitor to a shitty 43,000 dollar monitor in order to make it look like they are good value, which they arent.

>You were saying the HDR is different between them
No, I said HDR is fragmented.
>when it turns out it wasnt
It wasn't?
>i thought this price was utter bullshit so i found a 2000 dollar monitor that easily fits those two criteria
So it was always disingenuous?

You’re fragmented idiot

Attached: 3563F0F6-6A26-4F1B-BC68-DC8940B02DE7.jpg (810x500, 39K)

xD

You said they had extended HDR but its really just normal HDR. Im giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that it atleast classifies as HDR 1000, so does the monitor i showed you. Its the same thing even if their specific method of how they achieved HDR may be slightly different.
>So it was always disingenuous?
Mind you elaborate on what you mean here?

What does fragmented mean?

>normal HDR
But that is the problem. There is no normal HDR. That is why I told you that HDR is fragmented.
>Mind you elaborate on what you mean here?
Because you do not have a spec sheet to make the comparison.
Not whole.

Gender is a spectrum is so much sanity I can’t handle it.