What do I have to do and learn to get a job as a programmer?

What do I have to do and learn to get a job as a programmer?

Attached: Alita Dance.gif (447x447, 41K)

bump

bump

Data structures and algorithms

cunny

If you have no passion for it and came here for money, with all due respect, fuck off.

if you aren't already passionate enough to learn programming yourself, you won't make it far as a programmer.
I met so many people who were in it for the money and didn't realize it took a special type of autism to be good at programming, they all left and started normie careers.

Salty af. He never mentioned anything about money.

You can always search tutorials online. Start learning the logic behind the code and then try to copy a project or do coding exercises. Learn about data structures, efficiency and then make your way to specialize in the things you like.

Python is the easiest language to learn imo, then I started learning C. If you know both of those, the rest will be easy.

>"get a job as a programmer"
do you work for free, retard?

Be under 20 with multiple years work experience or a woman/tranny. I'm not joking, you're better off in IT

Please answer, I know how to program, how can I find a job? :sob:

get a degree and have 2+ internships and side projects

Desu I don't care so much about jobs, how to get started in real projects? I wanted to join people developing free software to help and learn.

make some things software engineering is about realizing what you're making every part of it then combining the technologies libraries to make it. really it's a hacking stuff together.

to get a job you'll need to know data structures and algorithms. look up interview type questions and you'll see that they use this to screen candidates it's kinda like a programmer iq test to see where you stand. if you don't know how to solve logic problems you'll never get a job even if know how to build websites, or servers, or whatever it is you'll be doing on the job.

You know what you have to do if you want to work here

Attached: 1551483641817.jpg (502x1051, 50K)

This is true for FAANG. However, smaller companies may not rely on these interview questions as much and you can bullshit by talking smooth. Those more heavily rely on soft skills. Still take this person's advice

The well paying jobs yes

you can still make 60k without grinding leetcode but I would use that as a fallback

yes its a bit disingenuous to say if you can solve leetcode problems easily you'll automatically get a job at any tech company but the reality is you have to look good on paper before they'll even interview you. if you really want a job getting a degree is probably your best approach to get a foot in the door if no college you have to network and essentially beg them to give you a shot. prove that you're competent etc. which is probably harder then having a decent degree/resume and getting a chance to prove your competency.

Yeah I'm in school because I'm just not enough of a wizard to get a job without training

true. anyone can definitely self teach themselves to build software, to solve problems, understand different algorithms, master multiple languages etc.

but in order to get an interview you need degrees and internships. a cs degree is essentially a golden ticket to getting interviews matter of fact i think some companies screen out anyone who doesnt have a cs degree.

that's fucking disgusting

Attached: erect.jpg (304x408, 15K)