Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (embed)

Attached: 1539525631636.jpg (980x1200, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Tecate/bitmap-fonts
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Copypasted from last thread.

I have an incredibly stupid question. So if I have two small form factor desktops each with a 240W PSU, would running both be the same as using one desktop with one 480W PSU? Or am I gonna end up completely fucking myself into the dirt with huge power Bill's? I'm asking because it's easier to just use a KVM switch to go back and forth between a Linux box and a Hackintosh, rather than dual boot. Plus I can utilize all 3 SATA ports in one of them without wasting on a second boot disk.

Attached: 5f3.jpg (680x695, 34K)

How do I install the "Haxor Narrow" font from this collection of fonts?

github.com/Tecate/bitmap-fonts

The usual of slapping it into `~/.fonts` just isn't working and i'm too lazy to read the wiki right now

Attached: 1534402773430.jpg (620x827, 159K)

I have a server somewhere I can't configure port forwarding at. How do I transfer files from that server to myself? Password+rar and upload it somewhere?

what do you people use to achieve Picture in Picture on linux?

PSUs don't actually use all the wattage they are rated at all the time (normally).
A pc build maybe only be using like 300 Watts all the time.
So it just depends on what the PC builds are actually using. The 240ws might be using 240w each (480w) while the 480w is using just 300w.

You can get watt meters that plug into the wall and the PC plugs into it like a splitter.

Set up FTP at your place, and have it connect to you.

Most distributions turn off bitmap fonts in font config. You will have to Google how to turn them on so xft can index/find them
You usually have to like `fc-cache` update the install location but I can't remember the specific command

Oh, sorry. Didn't mention it but I did fix that already. All other bitmap fonts I've tried work just fine, except for Haxor and HaxorNarrow

What are the actual differences between ubuntu and debian? Why should i pick one over the other?

OK that makes sense, I'll try that.

The thing is I don't know if I can port forward at this end either. What then?

You're probably just not using the right string to call the font. Try fc-list and grep it for haxor to see the correct string to use so xft can find it. Also a lot of shitty fonts like dejavu will override xft's fallback so if xft can't find your font easily it uses dejavu
You're trying to use it in a terminal I'm guessing?

Get either a less shitty server or ISP. Alternately pay for a VPN. An open 22 isn't a huge ask.

Yeah i'm trying to get it to work for the terminal. I grepped fc-list and i'm using the proper string, HaxorNarrow-15. I don't know what the hell...

can i plug a computer into a poe switch

If your terminal config looks like xft:haxornarrow-15 then try xft:haxornarrow:size=15 or pxsize=15 or something similar

I know this is an odd question but do any of you use DDT?

Asking again.
>How the hell do I uninstall the MS JVM? If I click on uninstall it says "Error: could not locate INF file 'java.inf'."
Is it normal for this to be installed on Windows 10? (I feel like it's probably not). How can I uninstall it? I could just delete C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjava.dll and the registry intsaller entry, but it may have more files lying around. Do I really need to spin up a windows vm, install the M$ JVM and check what files it installs to learn how to remove this?

I answered in the other thread since it's still up.

Reverse ssh tunnel

Attached: why_do_I_have_this_in_2019_on_WIN_10.png (497x180, 5K)

thank god this thread is here. I don't browse Jow Forums but I wanted to ask: what is a good lenovo computer to buy? I want 1TB of memory, prefer 15-17 inch display and just be generally quick. I might make music on it and I have photoshop. my current laptop is a toshiba satellite s55t-b. thinking about the ideadpad Y700 or ideadpad 330. very pleb shit but after three toshibas in a row, I'm over it

Attached: 0b5.png (741x609, 27K)

>if I have two small form factor desktops each with a 240W PSU, would running both be the same as using one desktop with one 480W PSU?
it doesn't work like that, those are only maximum supply ratings, not constant draw values
assuming equal hardware, two machines will use twice as much power as one machine
but they're probably not equal hardware. the best way to be sure what they use it to use a wattmeter and test it
note that computers use different amounts of power depending on what they're doing (sitting on the desktop doing nothing might draw say 90W, while playing a game on the same computer might draw 350W), so even switching between two computers (where one is assumed to be idle) is not quite the same as two people using one computer each

I would like to flood call Indian scammers. Most of the techniques I can glean from YouTube videos involve using paid services or outdated methods like using Twilio testing accounts.

How would I go about using free APIs to flood call spammers?

Can you burn out your eyes from looking directly at the moon during the day?

How do I run PyCharm without seeing this shit and what does it mean anyway?

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.intellij.ide.ClassUtilCore to field sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.fileCache
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.intellij.ide.ClassUtilCore
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Also do I have to go all the way to ~Downloads/pycharm-community-2019.1.3/bin$ ./pycharm.sh every single time I wanna open this shit or is there an easier way to do so?

Make a file that just has
~/pathtopycharm/pycharm.sh &

In your home dir then chmod +x on the script and you can run it that way.

trying to make a script to calculate bitrate for filesize for ffmpeg. but it seems like no matter what ffmpeg/libvpx just ignores the bitrate and gives the same file size regardless. does anyone have know why it's ignoring the bitrate options?

"ffmpeg -i $1 -c:v libvpx -b:v $bitrate -maxrate $bitrate -bufsize 1M -pass 1 -threads 8 -f webm -an -y nul && \
ffmpeg -i $1 -c:v libvpx -b:v $bitrate -maxrate $bitrate -bufsize 1M -pass 2 -threads 8 -f webm -an -y $3"

tried with and without minrate, maxrate, bufsize, with and without 2 pass. double checked and $bitrate is 1472.0k

First off, if you want a beer, ask for it. You never know if there's a cooler under the bar/in the back of house/etc. They'll let you know if they don't have it.

Secondly, when it comes to liquor, operate slowly and carefully--especially if your aren't familiar with it.

Usually if you order a liqour alone (e.g. "tequila", "rum", "whiskey" etc.) you're expected to clarify how you want it. Do you want it as a shot, to drink quickly all at once? As a drink to sip slowly? With ice or no ice? There are special terms for this shit but nobody cares, just say plainly what you want. If you want a missed drink, you need to say that. There are some common mixed drinks with special names like "Long Island Iced Tea", but you aren't automatically expected to know that shit. You can just say "rum and coke", "whiskey ginger ale", "vodka sprite", etc.

Start with mixed drinks, not shots, and experiment until you have an idea of what flavors you like. Sip slowly and give drinks 15-30mins to set in. You might get blasted after one glass, you might be sober 3 drinks in, it varies based on a lot of factors. (I can't even get buzzed on less than 3 drinks unless I'm starving, dehydrated or sleep deprived--since the first time I drank. Irish genes I guess.)

People may try to pressure you into drinking shots. Don't do it if you don't want to. Tell them to fuck off, come up with an excuse about shit you have to do in the morning or whatever, but don't take a fucking shot unless you want to. Anyone who doesn't respect you not wanting to drink is a cunt, an alcoholic, or both; treat them as such.

There are a billion lists of drinks online you can find if you want to know the names of things and get into more specialized types of drinks or learn what flavors to expect, but I really recommend just starting from a basic mix that sounds good and branching out. No one will fault you for just having a standard drink that you always get.

Happy drinking, nerds.

Repost:

Okay maybe i need to approach this differently

Do .nomedia files work recursively in android file structures? This is how it's been for me until now including on this phone until recently.

What would cause hidden files & folders to show up in gallery & other apps, but display correctly (i.e. not display unless i want them to) in MiXplorer? Again, never had an issue with this before.

Anyone?

>Picture in Picture
be more specific

If you don't know, just pick one. If you haven't looked anything up, literally just go to their respective websites and form an opinion.

You talking drugs orrr

Based on your needs, literally any laptop with the specs you listed should be fine.

During an eclipse, yeah.

Hope this guy comes back to read all this shit, I wrote a whole fuckin essay

I made a file in the text editor with just the exact text:
~/Downloads/pycharm-community-2019.1.3/bin$ ./pycharm.sh & and saved it to my home directory as "pycharm"

i don't really know what chmod +x means but when I type "chmod +x pycharm" in the terminal nothing happens

an add-on to this guy ,
If you ask for a mixed drink and they ask what kind of liquor you want just say "well". (That means cheapest)
I'm not a huge drinker but these are my favorite drinks:
Vodka tonic. You can get it with a lime or not
Whiskey sour.
Bloody Mary. They usually have these at bar&grill restaurants like Texas road House, etc. They are usually spicy like a spicy v8 tomato drink, made with vodka, sometimes with beer.

adds permission to execute the file

when I type "pycharm" in terminal it says command not found tho. Is there a specific way to run an executable?

The command should just be
~/Downloads/pycharm-community-2019.1.3/bin/py charm.sh &
Chmod x let's you execute the script with just ./script.sh or whatever

is it possible to fully disable telemetry by using linux?

if i want to use a ryzen 3200 on a b450 mobo will i have to upgrade the bios

Inside the os probably yes, but a lot of things get your telemetry from the browser or other apps.

My gf says she's pregnant but we used a condom every time. She insists she didn't sleep with anyone else but I have my doubts, is there any way we can do a paternity test before the baby is born? I don't really want to wait that long to confirm this.

ok so I put that in the text file instead and now running "./pycharm.sh" returns

>bash: ./pycharm.sh: No such file or directory

yes

What is your script file name?
You should be running ./scriptfilename, after it's chmod +x, in the directory it's at.

Oh yeah lol

I second all of these. If it's a pure bar, then depending on how divey it is, Bloody Marys may not be an option. I've been on whiskey ginger ale recently, rum 'n coke is an old standard for me, and I like gin with sprite or lemonade. Try a White Russian if you like coffee flavors, try a Moscow Mule if you like sweet tangy stuff (I fuckin love 'em but most places don't have ginger beer).

dude what are these questions, this is like Jow Forums's own Jow Forums

I forgot the password to my ProtonMail account and I didn't set a recovery email like a giant fucking dummy. Am I screwed? I don't need anything in the inbox, but I'm expecting a very important email fairly soon to the email address. I've already emailed support; just wondering if any other anons have experienced the same situation.

This question might be only tangentially related but I'm not sure where else to ask, do any of you guys use your PC while on the couch for things other than "press play/pause on video player"? What kind of setup do you have that isn't a variation of pic related+ what kind of support do you put under it?

Attached: 23-114-066-06.jpg (640x480, 21K)

My headphones are detected by the playback devices tab, and I can even run tests with them to see that they "work" but I can't actually hear anything in vidya/videos. What the fuck is going on? This just randomly happened.

Attached: 1560413313546.gif (156x267, 62K)

>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>The biggest mistake people make when installing Windows from the internet is trusting what random users, torrents, and websites claim is safe.
Can i trust the paste bin link? when it says to not trust anything

is there any place where I can find mpv+vapoursynth builds for windows? I'm too retarded to build it myself

Attached: 1532280688761.gif (480x480, 2.04M)

Opera had a page where I could view all my bookmarks, does Firefox have an equivalent?
It seems to only have the sidebar

Mind if I ask something? Which OS did you install first? What software did you use to split the partition?
I don't really have an answer for your question, but your setup is quite similar to what I want (I want to partition my 2TB HDD so that I can save media files to an NTFS partition, for the future when I eventually upgrade my PC).

A portable AC cannot generate CO right? Been feeling weirdly dizzy when I run it in my bedroom for a while, especially one particularly bad episode when I fell asleep with it on and woke up feeling terrible. Not sure what else would cause it unless it's messing with the pressure in the room or doing some other weird thing, or if it's just psychological with the noise I'm not used to. I guess it also dries the air out but will dry air make me feel sick?

when did cpu's become relevant to gaming again? after c2d there was this period when nobody cared about their cpu when building a gaming rig. everyone just got the beefiest gpu and some i5 or even pentiums in extreme cases. now it seems like everyone is wanking over amd vs intel in gaming performance.

bump

tried reinstalling audio drivers yet? system restore?

The point is not to trust nothing, the point is to develop a sense of what to trust and what not to trust on your own. also

>if you trust the people on this board to answer this question, you trust the people who made the pastebin

Sounds like you need to get some shit to test/monitor air quality in your place regardless of the a/c.

not him, but I recommend a live gparted install. windows installer doesn't do too bad, but it's more limited.

Yeah that could be the case, we already had an issue with the furnace where a rep from the utility company came out and tested it and said it was emitting dangerous amounts of CO and we had to have the whole thing replaced.

Well we'll be out of here soon so hopefully it's not a big deal.

It's mostly marketing hype. Kind of like how everyone used to wank for days about how many mega/gigahertz their processor had but then dialed it back when they realized it wasn't economical to keep competing in this direction forever. The tech companies will spin it however benefits them, whether it's selling high volume of their low spec units or pushing more of the high end ones, every word of it is just marketing hype.

What happens if I install 4 ram sticks on a system with a cpu only capable of dual channel?

Is using live gparted safer? I do have KDE partition manager installed, but I'm not familiar with it. I mean, thinking about it, using partition manager software that's not the part of the HDD you want to partition does sound a lot safer, doesn't it?

4 sticks are still only dual channel.
On most modern motherboards, the first 2 ram slots are channel A and the last 2 slots are channel B
So having 1 in A and 1 in B (2 sticks)
Or having 2 in A and 2 in B (4 sticks)
Are both only 2 channels

I just used gparted today to resize my SSD partitions and it worked pretty well.

Thinking about upgrading from sandy bridge to ryzen 2, so I've got a double stupid question.
1. Am I being a retard for not just waiting for ryzen 3rd gen at the end of July?
2. Do I have to re-install my OS, if I don't what kind of problems would I expect to have

You will most likely only need to install your chipset drivers unless you are using wacky Intel features like RAID

1. These 3rd gen chips will be a big jump.
2. Windows will most likely throw a blue screen.

what kind of picture in picture? like a small video on top of a fullscreen video?
i've never personally seen the purpose of having two videos playing at once, but you could just resize, disable the decorations, and set to 'on top' one of the videos, these are things your window manager can do, so look up it's documentation, you may be able to configure keyboard shortcuts for these options

Posting from Wangblows 10 because Cuda fucked my NVIDIA graphics on Ubuntu 18.04.

sudo apt purge nvidia
sudo apt install nvidia-390

Didn't work. Still stuck on 1024x768. I need 1920x1080.

How the fuck do I make mpd see the rest of the files in my media directory? I had 4 albums in there that it detected just fine, but I added a couple others and it just refuses to recognize they're there. I don't know what the issue is. I can't even open them directly through the terminal. I just get exception: nested: unrecognized parameter: ID3 every time

hope so :/. i'd still check so you and your family don't have a risk of long term damage user

>safer
i don't think any method is more or less safe as long as the software is reliable

i guess it's unsafe in that you don't have the OS to say "hey you can't fuck with that partition" but if your OS requires something like that... don't fuck with it

i prefer gparted because it's quick and i don't have to worry about any of that shit, that said i usually do it before installing my OSes

bump

gparted is really safe to use
it will do plenty of sanity checks before touching anything, for example, it'll do fsck before resizing, it will make sure nothing being touched is mounted, it will do dry runs where available, etc
you can be sure that anything gparted lets you do is safe to do (well, as safe as can be)

why does gnome disks gets stuck when trying to format my usb 3 stick as gpt ext4

Attached: 1560581047.jpg (970x511, 45K)

Gnome is for Cniles that can't into proper nonblocking io. Sure, the capability exists in gtk, but most programs don't use it because the API is shit.

Is your usb legit? I had mine crashed once when trying to format a counterfeit usb drive.

How are you supposed to attack this program such that it prints Hello World?

#include
#include

int target;

void vuln(char *string){
printf(string);

if (target){
printf("Hello, World!\n");
}
}
int main(int argc, char **argv){
vuln(argv[1]);
return 0;
}

same user. seems like you would need to find the address of the variable target, pass that as the argument and change it to 1?

i can't into programming, so i can only see as far as it prints a provided argument, and the attack would need to be some kind of argument which causes the variable "target" to become true
the way printf is used it unlike what i see commonly (where the string is quoted and uses a substitution, like "printf("%s", string)" or w/e, maybe that has something to do with it

I reinstalled audio drivers. I'll system restore if I have to, but forwhatever fucking reason the only restore point I have is from 2013 which I made as a reset button. Don't tell me I have to fucking do that.

Attached: CDPR.png (1281x721, 1.02M)

The topic is memory attack so for sure not misinterpreting.

Look up all the formatting string arguments of printf. There's one that writes data. Spam it a bunch of times to try and overwrite all the data.

lmao

i mean may as well just reinstall fresh at that point, but the issue is probably your jack or your headphones

have you tried other cans? have you tried using this pair with another device?

Try entering the string %x or %s as your input you should notice that it prints the next value up on the stack, my memory is fuzzy on the specifics here but basically look at how printf takes its arguments and prints values with %, if you try to set string = %x it should print the next value up in the stack (in hex of course)

Doesn't work on two different sets of headphones. Will check the jack, but Idk why it would be fucked.

well, did some more research finally

now i know for certain that .nomedia files should apply to all subfolders...but it isn't, nor is appending "." to the beginning of the parent folder making subfolders hidden

this shit changed out of nowhere, no os updates nor app updates

manually adding .nomedia files to each individual folder seems to be doing the truck but i still don't get how this could happen to begin with, or why all of my apps that previously treated subfolders of folders with .nomedia files properly just fucking stopped

what the fuck

you got a separate jack to try? front of case, or mounted on mobo?

could be a short, loose connection between mobo & port, or some other bullshit but I'd focus on hardware for now in your case

thanks. that's really interesting.

so i can have youtube videos playing in a small floating window on top of whatever else i'm doing

YEa I have a front and back jack, neither work.

you could play the video on mpv, with the mpv window set to have no decoration and on top, as mentioned

System restore won't delete my reaction images and shit, right? I don't really care about the few games/.exes I can reinstall quick.

Best body lotion for a fap?

>lotion for a fap
do americans really do this

guess if you have no foreskin...

They are dumb enough to mutilate their own penis, so probably.

i guess if they are jerking off multiple times a day, every day, then it's probably necessary

To emulate real sex, why not?

The QVL for a motherboard I'm looking at has (Ver 4.24) listed next to the RAM I've got paired with it.
Does this mean a BIOS update is required before I can properly use it?

shut that sucker down and check the connections to your mobo for the jacks first

when's the last time your audio worked? any driver updates, windows updates, etc?

yeah, honestly it's not bad but i typically stick to precum and a lil saliva

I'm partial to the coconut and cocoa butter scents

nigga what

Putting your dong in an onahole without lotion or any kind of lubricant sucks.

Wasn't my decision desu.

Attached: lynxxbox11.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

It's better with it if you're fine with cleaning it up.

:(

why would you go to the trouble of purchasing a masturbator and not just get actual lube

that or saliva will get you closer to reality than lotion anyway, hell even some baby oil would

looks like it's time for me to go

If it comes to this, your files should be safe but software and settings will not, I'd recommend backing up any important settings to files and then backing up all your files first

good luck user

Uhh my computer shuts down after I put it to sleep. Then when I press the power button it doesn’t turn back on, leading me to unplug it from the extension cable and plug it back in and finally it turns on. What is the cause of this? How do I fix it?

>my computer shuts down after I put it to sleep
how do you know?

Sing it a lullaby

What computer would you recommend to your boomer mother in The $600 range? Laptop or desktop, mainly used for web browsing, YouTube and Word

I leave the room for like 1 minute after I put it to sleep and it’s off