I bought pic related yesterday and haven't taken it out of its box yet...

I bought pic related yesterday and haven't taken it out of its box yet. But now I am having second thoughts on it and being spied upon. Should I just take it back to the shop? Anyone else on here use google home and can tell me their experiences with it?

Attached: Google-Home-Mini-Smart-Small-Speaker-_57.jpg (796x692, 52K)

Yes you fucking idiot

>I bought
Hopefully not for more than $10. Spotify was literally giving these away to their subscribers a couple of months ago.
Google Assistant is the only thing it's good for. The speaker is far too shit for listening to music.

My parents got one for Christmas 2017. They used it for a few weeks then shelved it when I told them about having a live microphone in their room at all times

return it and setup your own OpenHAB server. Use your refund money to buy a bunch of esp8266's.

unless you'rer a massive cum guzzling faggot, then you should keep the google botnet.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

>They used it for a few weeks then shelved it when I told them about having a live microphone in their room at all times
>stating the obvious
It has to hear voice commands somehow.

I was thinking of getting one of these for my mother? So she can have someone to talk to while I sit in my room all day playing video games and shitposting.

Lmao why did you buy one?

They already carry a live microphone in their pockets at all times.

return it idiot
i even superglued the microphone on my android so i gotta plug in a headset to talk to people because i dont want a spy device

I would like one to play with, but I hear they disabled the top button after reports that it'd sometimes get triggered by the speaker fabric. Unfortunately, that makes it less convenient as an alarm clock.

I got one free a couple years back for buying a Pixel 2. It's useful enough, I have it paired with a smart bulb and a couple other things, but mainly it's a glorified alarm clock that tells me my weather and commute in the morning.

Got one free w/ my Pixel 3a. It works well as a kitchen speaker for listening to music or setting timers when boiling/baking something.

>he PAID for a useless wiretap
The fuck? Unless you're getting money with it why the fuck did you buy it?

Your phone's mic isn't always on like these Alexa things are.

It's basically a mobile phone. So if you use a phone, especially and Android phone, you are already being spied on to the same degree.

>Your phone's mic isn't always on
You sure about that?

Got it free with my groceries, I just use it as a bluetooth speaker.

1st off, it can be activated by unknown entities using code which you aren't aware of, it's literally Stallman's argument. 2nd off, depends on the phone, there was a co-processor in Motorola X1 which was always listening. Some manufacturers, including Apple, followed suit.

what? is that a thing?

I have about 50 ESP8266s, and a handful of chink shit IoT devices (ironically also the same chip), now point me in a good direction for voice controlling shit

HEY GOOGLE....

Do it.

The bluetooth part? Yeah, you can pair a device to it through the Google Home app and it just acts as a regular bluetooth speaker. It's sounds decent enough for background music and podcasts and gets plenty loud.

>It has to hear voice commands somehow
And that makes it better?