How long until 4k 120hz is fairly common?

how long until 4k 120hz is fairly common?

Attached: IMG_0774.jpg (960x960, 171K)

>tfw using 4k 144hz at this very moment

Attached: disdain.jpg (1309x1730, 561K)

a couple years. GPU's still have a little ways to come to get to that framerate and resolution reliably. Also they need waaaay more VRAM. I've been told the radeon7 is the best 4k GPU out there right now, but not because it can drive 4k144hz, but because it doesn't dip as much as 11gb and 16gb GPU's. Apparently for most games on ultra it manages 90-ish fps reliably, but that's from fairly anecdotal, second hand accounts so take it as you will.

when 16+gb of VRAM is very common we'll start seeing 4k120hz gaming displays as the norm, I think.

What do you need more than 60Hz?

because the human eye can see more than 60 frames per second

It's about cost. Typical LCD prices can only fall so far. I would like to see what's possible with mLED or mLED-LCD hybrids.
Obviously gaming, but LED could probably set high refresh as the standard since it doesn't have to worry about laggy response times

Only possible with Project Scarlett.

1afedf18583722223

NO film/show exist on even 60Hz let alone fucking 120Hz at 4K. if you are a gaymer, a 2080ti MIGHT deliver 4K 120 fps only if lower some settings. if you want ultra settings then you will have to be content with barely getting 60 to 70 fps with microstutters into the 40s
at the rate nvidia and amd develop their cards, it will take at least 5 years or more until we see a card that can guarantee 4k120fps gaming performance. if you want actual films you will probably have to wait until some meme VR shit starts shilling high refresh rates to normalfags but until then you will stay cucked on 23.999 Hz

i can play forza horizon at 4K 120hz with my shit tier 2080 ti. whatever the dynamic ultra does works fine. y'all niggers just poor and jealous lmao

Depends on your definition of fairly common. If you mean as common as 1080/60 now, then 10 or more years.

why does my CRT @ 75 hz feel snappier than my lcd @ 144 hz?

>4k 120hz
Try 4k 144Hz G-Sync

Attached: Capture.png (470x544, 19K)

Lower input lag probably, some older 144hz have input lag more than 10ms and thats more than todays tvs. Also better motion resolution, especially if you dont run lightboost on your lcd.

>he thinks 1440p is 4k
Fucking retard

I don't see why people get so uppity about refresh rates. I'm fine with standard, old 50Hz. What even takes advantage of those higher refresh rates?

games but even when dragging a window about it is noticeable. whether that's worthwhile for you is your decision. but people spend more money on these displays and so try to justify their purchases online.

I don't think games really need to. Will kids even notice the higher refresh rates?

1440p is not 4k

Attached: file.png (420x502, 29K)

so you have no idea what are you talking about... it is instantly noticeable even on desktop

Kids play 30fps console shitshows all the time, few games really need a higher FPS especially for the younger audiences.

So? Kids will maybe care for 5 seconds, but when they are playing with the game it won't even occur to them. As said, kids play games with low frame/field rates constantly and they don't care. A kid will be engrossed with a 15fps game as much as a 144fps game.

it's already here

Attached: 2019-06-15 (1).png (1803x1387, 56K)

>143hz
fucking hertzlet lmao

holy
shit
the absolute state of Jow Forums-posters

Wouldn't it be freqlet? Since hertz is a measure of frequency?

correct

Nerd

>t. retard

Well you don't call a manlet a centimetrelet do you? You say manlet, since height is the measure of a man. So say freqlet, since hertz is the measure of frequency.

is 60hz much better? I'm stuck on this 27" 1440p 60hz led lcd because I didn't know all of a sudden you MUST have 144hz for gaymes.

We used to be satisfied with anything above 50fps, hell even 24 when we were kids.

You know what's funniest, they probably charged him for a 4K screen.

9 more months. Wait for 2020 ces in January for announcements. Then another three months for the trickle down in to retail channels.

144p is the new meme because apparently 60fps got old. There is a difference but for right now it’s not really justified by cost.

You do realise that sub 1080p laptops are still common, r-right?

Gayming on desktop isn't common though, especially not on a professional level that would require 120hz.

>my shit tier 2080 ti.
That's better than 90% of cards people have?

>2.5k = 4k
oh ok

Does it at least have rgb leds?

4k isn't even practical on a monitor, the resolution is wasted. You can't see a difference between 1440p and 4k for a screen that small.

How do I get a gf?

>the resolution is wasted
It's not when you work and can display more and sharper text.

you must be this guy

I hate where we are right now with monitors, we have 4k, 144hz and HDR but you can only combine 2 of them because bandwidth. Also trying to find any monitor that isn't a meme curve or ultrawide trashmeme is practically impossible.

hopefully never if that's the ugly shit you're going to make people view on it

Lemme google price brb.

It’s less than 200usd for a 144hz one now.

which one?