Why don't you use OpenBaSeD? You have 20 seconds to explain

Why don't you use OpenBaSeD? You have 20 seconds to explain.

Attached: 1560586629960.png (800x689, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-color-scheme)
libressl.org/
agwa.name/blog/post/libressls_prng_is_unsafe_on_linux
openbsd.org/innovations.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBSD_security_features
sivers.org/openbsd
man.openbsd.org/?query=wireless&apropos=1
cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/
openbsd.org/images/43song.gif
openbsd.org/lyrics.html#43
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate unix

I hate you.

So it is like linux but without software and drivers?
Cool.

>

Attached: Untitled.png (352x202, 71K)

Unix hates you more.
I hate you too.
Its like Linux done right.
So what?

Attached: 1560589454338.jpg (720x833, 108K)

Jetbrains products don't work well on bsd. Some other stuff doesn't work too.

This, and I also don't want to support a project that aggressively promotes non-copylefy licensing.

>jetbrains
Found your problem bro.
Sorry that they don't have a cuck license.

Attached: 1560589968954.jpg (1600x900, 270K)

>they don't have a cuck license

Attached: 1555955272909_0.png (1280x665, 215K)

I like using a functional operating system

Sounds fine to me.
Okay, winfag.

Attached: 1560590548931.jpg (432x444, 149K)

Their site looks like it hasn't been updated since 1998
That was enough to turn me off

Their site is awesome and doesn't suck. It does it job also they have recently implemented prefers-color-scheme (developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-color-scheme) so when your browser theme is dark the site will be dark automatically.

Attached: 1560591186877.png (550x415, 363K)

The freest of all free licenses. Enjoy your commie license, rmsfag

>implying windows is functional

No, that's CC0.

You are right, sorry.

Attached: 1560591738800.png (364x322, 15K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-19 g - Archived - Install OpenBSD - Technology - 4chan.png (733x54, 5K)

Is this true? Source for this?

So what? They literally fixed OpenSSL. libressl.org/ Also source please.

Attached: 1560591906603.png (334x346, 108K)

agwa.name/blog/post/libressls_prng_is_unsafe_on_linux

>2014
Goes into the trash.

Attached: 1560593170753.png (888x894, 526K)

Not a problem, as long as the updater doesn't use SSL.

stable did not have base updates at that time, the procedure was to run custom kernel for six months

summary:
>prng needs to reseed after fork(), and forked process detects itself by comparing old and new pid
>forked process can't have same PID as parent, but if it also forks then process can have the same PID as its grandparent before the reseed happens
>PID on linux is only 16 bits and deterministic wrapping counter, so the chances of collision is realistic and can be reproduced easily
the difference between OSs is significant here: OpenBSD uses 32 bit PIDs and PIDs are randomized

although I remember seeing some fork() hooks in pthread implementation, seems like a good idea for always reseed right after fork() on both processes
fork() is shit invention anyway, one of the unix retardations to hate

I just installed it on a VPS and have it on several laptops and a UMPC. Once my FirePro GPU comes in I'm switching back to it on my desktop

I run nixos

Attached: 96F5E941-BDCD-4FE8-ACC8-70CD0D1920FE.jpg (640x389, 55K)

>no games
>no drivers
>no modern software
>ugly install manager
>ugly default theme
>can't use on tablets
>no sound production

I'm not a neet, so don't have a time to install it. And it would work like shit anyway, because no drivers.

No vaapi - no hd movies on intel

/thread

cope harder

Because I need data integrity. Fucking hell, Jow Forums OpenBSD shills are the most annoying empty brained retards around.

>muh gnomeme
>muh kde
linux DE belong in linux not unix

The distinction between a "base system" and "ports" is obnoxious
six-month release cycle is too fast and inconvenient
copyleft > permissive

>we want to let ANYONE WHO WANTS to fuck our girlfriends

I'm stupid? Pic related.

Attached: 1560443618713.jpg (760x489, 56K)

Because the BSDs are largely pointless shit, you stupid fucking frogposter.
OpenBSD is especially pointless. FreeBSD seems to be the only one that's even remotely viable, but there is absolutely no reason for me to ever use it, especially since I specifically develop software for Linux using modern Linux APIs. Some of the BSDs have copied those APIs, but trying to develop on and of that shit would be like jumping 6 or 7 years into the past.

Attached: 74964290_p8.jpg (1293x1530, 1.03M)

>and of that shit
*any of that shit

Not really more secure
No features to tempt me from linux
Less software
Fewer options to act as a host for virtualization
I could go on

I don't use half-baked products, thanks.

Canr figure out ports and PKG and shit.

Because I have a job

Because pfsense uses freebsd

BSD shills are even worse than Brave shills, and that's saying something

I do.

Attached: hate-on-shills.jpg (1366x768, 216K)

I've tried but no documentation & 10 ppl in the comunity is not something to look forward to.

Samefag.
Based&BSDPilled

>no documentation
>10 ppl in the comunity
OpenBSD has the best documentation among all the OSs and a great community.
Shills don't even try these days...

Lack of support in terms of programs and drivers. Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know much about kernels.

Thank you friend.

Attached: thanks.jpg (1366x768, 193K)

Can someone explain to me right fucking now why you would use this shit on a machine you personally own over FreeBSD? What's the fucking point?

Attached: Sal Gun.jpg (750x746, 59K)

If you don't want to play games, then you are wrong.

Mandatory Access Control

Cuck

I had to install cisco's proprietary garbage (Workspace app) for work. Replaced my OpenBSD installation for linux.

Attached: feelsintheneck.jpg (238x250, 7K)

Based. Fuck proprietary software and its supporters.

Install Guix

I literally use it as the only OS on my computer, works fine.

No it has everything you need, it just runs slower. I’ve used openbsd before and it’s hands down the cleanest, most usable, operating system I’ve ever tried. But it’s definitely slower in performance than anything else as well because of the file system I believe. It also won’t have as good battery as linux since the openbsd kernel is not tickless.

/thread. You claim to be an Information Security-focused OS and you don't implement MAC?

It's useless security-wise, because pledge(2) and unveil(2) literally do all of the security advantages of running a MAC and more. The only use case that you may need from MAC would be to restrict users from accessing certain parts of the file system (which is useful for military and corporate machine where sensitive data is stored in a computer that's used by multiple people).

Hateful and stupid community that scares me away in such an extreme way that I don't even want to try the system itself.

openbsd.org/innovations.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBSD_security_features
sivers.org/openbsd

Trash intel drivers compared to Linux and FreeBSD

Give me an example of hate in the OpenBSD community.
I guarantee you that Jow Forums is 1000x worse than whatever you're thinking about.

its not free as in freedom

By hate he probably means they expect him to at least attempt to figure it out himself until the problem becomes slightly over beginner level.

It is literally Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) that guarantees the four freedoms. What are you talking about?

no wifi, no software

Because I don't want to join a suicide cult.

Attached: dielinuxdie.jpg (640x480, 249K)

It's not slower because of the file system, it's slower because it disables hyperthreading in Intel processors because Intel's hyperthreading is an extreme security risk that introduced many serious vulnerabilities in the past (spectre, meltdown, mds).

You mean FLOSS.

openbsd automatically downloads firmware i dont explicitly request on first boot as a default setting

I already know all this, what the fuck is lacking in security and features on FreeBSD for personal use? There's no advantage to using OpenBSD if it's just a machine you use at home and no one else. Why use it outside of work?

>Fewer options to act as a host for virtualization
This is my only gripe with it.
Other than that, it brought new life to my 450Mhz G4 Cube.

>no wifi
man.openbsd.org/?query=wireless&apropos=1
>no software
cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/
Do some research before making such claims next time.

open source is a corporate meme just like bsd
>helping the botnet by writing programs for them, so they can make them proprietary and mistreat users with them

He was speaking figuratively. Obviously in comparison to almost every other OS, it has no software.

Actually, OpenBSD's vmd(8) is pretty good, the only thing that it's currently missing is graphics support (until graphics get supported, you can use X forwarding between the virtual machine and the host).

OpenBSD spreads misinformation and hate against copyleft. Fuck OpenBSD.

Most companies that harm and restrict users' freedom don't use OpenBSD, they don't even use Windows. Do you know what most of them use for their servers? Linux. Does that mean that Linux is non-free because Google, Facebook, Instagram, China, North Korea, uses it? No.

What GPL advocates needs to understand is that the GPL _will not_ stop an entity that you don't like from using your software. Deal with it.

[[citation needed]]

>misinformation intensifies

Shit, you got me.

Nobody reads pro OpenBSD posts so its kind of hard for them to spread anything at all.

I already fell for the bsd meme.
Worthless shit as a desktop os.
Who pays you to shill this garbage, and what is their agenda?

You still haven't addressed the point. Do you _seriously_ think that the GPL can stop the botnet? The botnet can now be legally empowered by GPL-licensed software to harras and restrict users' and GPL advocates can't do anything to stop it.

What does OpenBSD mean by this?
openbsd.org/images/43song.gif

Attached: 1560619662880.gif (395x1720, 330K)

I do, I am baby.

Linux is a kernel.

Hate is something that you reserve for the people deliberately ruining an operating system. If you’re a believer in Shinto, Linux has a kami, representing all the meditation and care given to it over its long defelopment. This kami is being dishonored by shameful display after shameful display, causing the kami to lose face and eventually the kami will withdraw itself from Linux, which will wither and die without a kamisama.

There is no way around it, either this has already happened, or it will happen soon.

Join us, for new technology with strong ascendant kamisama in OpenBSD. OpenBSD descends from Unix directly, and while there might not be any AT&T code left in OpenBSD, the Bell Labs kami has been merged with the OpenBSD Kami.

Attached: 616F6BE2-5778-4379-A68A-4D403B72C59E.jpg (450x675, 64K)

By Linux I meant the kernel itself, I wasn't talking about a distribution of it. Most servers that belong to the botnet are empowered by the Linux kernel, which is GPL-licensed.

Linux is dead. The OS and Kernal.

Attached: C5C89E5B-D8A8-40C4-840E-30B05D64A07A.gif (480x640, 219K)

There is no Linux OS.

I use OpenBSD because I an a proud cuck and the BSD license is the definitive cuck license. Before you ask--yes, I code in Java

I think that they meant a distribution of it.

I think that they meant this song:
openbsd.org/lyrics.html#43

GPL didn’t stop the complete corporate takeover of Linux.

Attached: 31F3CC6D-5424-4495-828B-36FE12BBCF6F.jpg (400x600, 33K)

hyperthreading was only disabled recently. I last used openbsd ~2 years ago on both an i5 and a pentium II. Every so often I try about openbsd and I can tell you it is in fact slower due to something that’s not hyperthreading.