Attached: gnome.png (1600x900, 1.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gnome.org/Design/OS/KeyboardShortcuts
csorianognome.wordpress.com/2017/12/21/nautilus-desktop-plans/
gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/issues/158
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but that looks like shit
all linux desktop environments look like shit anyway

Is it worth using wayland? I just never use it because everyone seems to bitch that it's buggy and prone to crashing unlike xorg

Based and gnome-pilled
Gnome 3.32 is the best DE

Attached: feet.jpg (1242x1394, 166K)

pshh nothin personel, tray icons

Why, yes. Just replace Gnome Shell with Sway and set up some key bindings to launch emacs and gvim and chromium and evince.

and, obviously, no nautilus, vfs and shit

based and JustWerks™ pilled
Xfce is good too tho

Attached: Bildschirmfoto von 2019-06-15 12-16-10.png (1366x768, 108K)

no one said it looked like shit. it is bloaty and the performance bugs have recently been patched. its finally mediocre instead of a pile of steaming shit. I use it daily for its UI and work stuff. I came from Xfce and feel that both are pretty good.

I've never said Gnome sucked. Gnome is "all right" when I've used it. I prefer other desktops though.

Based and redpilled, It just works.

now just get the devs to listen to the userbase and stop trying to emulate osx and removing functions. maybe the dev team could use linux natively too instead of running it in a vm to pad their dev portfolios.
>i dont know what xfce is or does, sorry!

Gnome 3 is alright. You should pay less attention to FUD and instead check everything yourself.

Literally bloat
All updates and everything stock, besides Guest Additions and neofetch installed

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (1366x1350, 996K)

gnome is great if you wanna get a bunch of themes go on yt and search sexy debian stretch some dude gives commands that isntalls tonnes of them

I never really experienced a difference except for some different settings for my mouse.
Never had either crash on me, but perhaps I'm just lucky.

>Literally sitting there doing nothing.
>Open htop
>See gnome-shell eating a full cpu core just by existing.
Seriously what the hell is this shit?

>See gnome-shell eating a full cpu core just by existing.
What kind of hardware are you running?

>>Has great UI
>he thinks a tablet UI on the desktop is good
what a faggot, no surprise you use gnome

wiki.gnome.org/Design/OS/KeyboardShortcuts
Gnome user experience is unironically good for desktop. Show me a tablet that use keyboard shortcuts, memelord.
I'll wait.

>Runs smoothly
>0.5 seconds delay on minimizing animation
It's not that I hate gnome but gnome hates me for some reason.

gnome is pretty good but is quite heavy, if you like it then you should try unity, it's very much like gnome but it looks better and is much more lightweight

I hate it and I hate the devs even more.

GNOME is fucking based. Fuck your gay meme "le tiling wm with bitmap fonts and anime wallpaper" fagtron autist desktops.

Attached: Bildschirmfoto von 2019-06-15 16-44-28.png (1600x900, 770K)

>xfeces
That's a no no sweetie.

Daily reminder

Attached: 44n5d6hgfagz.png (742x828, 151K)

t. gnomefag

Attached: gnomefag.png (380x250, 89K)

before
after
what do you think of my mockup?

Attached: 1560596621758.jpg (1360x1201, 396K)

Been using on my inspiron 15 touchscreen.
Works great 90% of the time
Issues I have had are on lock screen, rotation, or touch keyboard sometimes get stuck but fix on restart. Once when I was doing the graphical interface full screen short cut with my touch screen, the blue filter I got stuck over my screen until I restarted. Still it beats the hell out of windows.

>make a tablet UI
>add some shortcuts
>guys, it was always meant for keyboard control

>Installed Gnome 3.32 / wayland
>Runs smoothly
Give it sometime.

definitely looks more usable

Fellow Gnomefriends, have you tried the real time scheduler patch for Gnome Shell yet? For Fedora users, it's in a Copr repository that you install. For Pop OS users, just update to the latest version of Gnome Shell and it's patched. The real time scheduler should be enabled by default in 3.34.

fresh install, gnome lagging like shit on wayland while kde and sway runs smooth
i7 and a rx580
never again, also looks like their 'fuck the desktop paradigm' alternative is shit because in their heads it means the user is dumb and shouldnt have options (dnot even talk about extensions js themes and gtk retardation with toolbars and everything else)

>real time scheduler patch
what does it do?

>no vfs

If you have a computer with a shitty slow processor or you're simply running CPU intensive applications, Gnome's animations should always be smooth.

>Gnome's animations should always be smooth
that is hard to believe
even on my i7 4790 when nothing is running it is choppy
I'll try popos to confirm it

Give it a shot. In Pop OS, you have to update to the latest Gnome Shell after installing it as it's not in the release ISO yet. You can see the difference in a Virtual Machine too after updating it and restarting the system.

Why no shortcuts on your screen?
Do you hate efficiency?

based lieposter

it's more secure than xorg, it used to be true that you can't run a graphical interface on a server as a rule of thumb, but with wayland is not true.

>Why did you lie on me, Jow Forums ?
lets be honest, you were the retarted one for listening.

The only downside of gnome is the resource intensiveness of it. It's unusable on a machine with less than 4G of memory. But once you have a machine made after 2010 gnome is the most solid choice.

Canonical ditching their own DE in favour of tweaked Gnome was a blessing. Now every relevant distribution comes with Gnome as a result, so the main focus is on making sure it works.

it's fine on a 2GB machine, the problem would be if you have a slow drive and have indexing enabled. Nautilus does this and it's slow as fuck on a hard drive, though it's a nice feature

years ahead on usability compared to any other desktop.
windowscucks will try to make it behave like kde or xfeces and have a bad time, they should just use windows or xfce, retards

wallpaper pls?

This. Tracker can sometimes be a bitch.

OP here.
I like to keep a clear desktop. All I need for now is on this launcher.
When I want something more specific, I hit Super + A and the first letters of the program.

Using the fedora patch right now, it's pretty great. Only issues I've seen are some weird visual glitches when resuming from sleep, but they go away once I open an app.

>taking your hands off the mouse
this kills the productivity

>using a shit interface that's not keyboard-friendly
You were never productive in the first place.

>productivity
>using a mouse

Jow Forums is just filled with poorfags with ancient low spec laptops
Anyone with a ok PC made in the last 9 years will have no issue with it

this is low quality b8

this
yikes, imagine thinking playing games is productivity

Not when you rice KDE to look like Windows 7 Aero and OSX at the same time.

Attached: Screenshot_20190615_114949.png (1366x768, 607K)

sir

>>Runs smoothly

reminder that gnome adds severe lag, artefacts and frame drops to anything you use

How so?

>Super + A
>and the first letters of the program.
wow now that's retarded

Are you from 2005?

I don't like that they removed desktop icons. Why the fuck? To have a nice image without anything blocking it? That's just retarded.
I kinda can live without thumbnails in file picker, it's better to drag n drop anyways

scrolling in a browser can be visibly slowed and '''heavier''''
the artefacts were noticed several times along any of their recent versions (neither recent nor it will be fixed) in FF, it's basically a quick but visible chopping of portions of the image, like a fucked up vsync

the other? play a 60fps on a lower powered computer where you know it plays, now try it in gnome and watch the frame drops
ALSO there's the minor but very annoying stutter every so often where it messes with the smooth playing of your movie

gnome is fuck but not for the reasons everyone hates it (design which is the best imo) but for how it's working

*Pssst* *Krackkkk* *Siiiiippppp* *Ahhhhhh*
Those were the days...

That might be the worst desktop I've ever seen

They brought desktop icons back. It's an official extension maintained by one of the gnome devs.

I get that alot, but I love it and I'm not changing it.

>have to install some shit browser add on plus a native client just to install some shit extensions to make it usable
that's a whole new level of bullshit even for linux DE.

>Why the fuck?
csorianognome.wordpress.com/2017/12/21/nautilus-desktop-plans/
gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/issues/158

it has the shitty kde nostalgic feel

GNOMEBased

Attached: 1531310898896.jpg (4032x3024, 864K)

I like gnome honestly, especially the extensions, but at the same time installing extensions quickly bloat the system

post wallpaper fag

Its ok but the devs are so incompetent sometimes you can't justify using it. Just wait until they axe 3 more features you like because muh minimalism or because it doesn't fit their vision.

there's not even any features to axe. All those things are extensions now.

When GNOME stops being a piece of shit performance wise people might be able to give unbiased reviews. Even with all the brain dead removal of features. Having to rely on extensions that could probably have malware is just stupid.

I see...

>emacs and gvim
based and redpilled