Cheaper than a burger

>cheaper than a burger
Why havent you got amazon echo yet?

Attached: free.jpg (924x225, 22K)

dude food lmao

>Paying money for botnet

Attached: thonk.png (929x768, 152K)

dude botnet lmao

Why would anyone bug their own house? Amazon is getting sued for their devices recording what children say.

What are they used for?

Yes, it is cheap. But for what purpose would one acquire such a device? There is no use case that makes sense other than "Alexa call a nearby lawyer if my privacy is being violated"

what fucking burger costs $20?

No, it costs $1

>paying money for botnet

Actually at these prices I might want to look into reverse engineering a few and leave them around. I wonder what youd here or if someone would be dumb enough to take one home.

you know that comic with the robots who capture a man, saw his head off, put it in a soundpoof jar connected to a device that both keeps him alive and forces him to endure unimaginable pain for the rest of his existence?

What if you built a soundproof box for an Alexa unit that contained another speaker that simply played "hey alexa" and then random high-volume electronic screeching 24 hours a day and just did that until either the CIA shows up at your door to tell you to stop using your sound weapon on their operatives or Amazon just disconnects the thing from their network? What could this actually accomplish?

>botnet is okay if it costs less than a beyond meat beyond burger

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

They actually have people who need to listen to the recordings to better process the AI. I wonder if it would be like the next generation of the facebook screeners who went absolutely bat shit insane having to moderate all that content.

don't come to Australia

is there anything (selfmade) like this that isn't a botnet?

Don't come to Dublin

Without a botnet it's just a regular speaker.

imagine intentionally installing a corporate listening device in your living quarters

I under stand the input and dot, but why the actual fuck would you buy anything else? Ignoring botnet complaints, not saying they aren't valid, but is the only benefit a louder speaker? You can hook Alexa up to real speaker anyway, for example my bluetooth AV receiver. What's more confusing is they have a subwoofer that can only be used in conjunction with the Alexa speakers themselves. What's the point? Why are they so expensive yet so pointless?

Attached: 1560272602981.webm (640x640, 1.45M)

For what reason?

Maybe mycroft. Its clunky but I got it to work a while ago before I got tired of it falsely hearing its wake cue constantly.

Cause I would have more use of a pet rock.

A burger made by humans for humans

why would I need it? you realize you can install it alexa on anycomputer so why buy a dedicated alexa.

I can get half a pound burger with mushroom and provo, and all the fuckining lettuce,tomato, onions,pickles, jalepeno I want and free unlimited refil soda and potato wedge with cheese dip for 13 bucks.

>you can install it alexa on anycomputer so why buy a dedicated alexa.
The same reason people buy servers. Many want to use it whenever they want. Running software on a desktop that is rebooted multiple times a day, often off, being used for other things, etc defeats the point of the convinence it provides. Not to mention most people want it in their living rooms/bathrooms so it's in a better area to respond to you and record every sound that is generated in your house.

Snowboy (non-botnet always listening for wake word) + Google Assistant SDK (botnet, but only on when asked) on a Raspberry Pi

Because I have no use for botnet microphones.

>food allegory

Attached: 1523614170975.jpg (904x711, 273K)