When you get the job you will understand that everyone uses only two operating systems, Windows and Ubuntu

when you get the job you will understand that everyone uses only two operating systems, Windows and Ubuntu.

Attached: 1_59i_acAhaF6Za0DT-ZlSSQ.jpg (1600x800, 81K)

implying RHEL (or CentOS) isn't everywhere

literally no one uses ubuntu, its either redhat or centos

>What is Mac OS

Imagine not making your own os from scratch

I use Ubuntu

That's Windows and GNU, the OS from the GNU project.

Who said you count as a person?

Ubuntu is the most popular Linux distro.

I'm gonna blow your mind. Everyone who uses a Mac professionally runs Windows on it.

I've only ever seen RHEL and CentOS as far as Linux. Been in the field for 20 years.
I've heard AWS-fags use Ubuntu though.

Attached: shadowman-large.jpg (1034x963, 49K)

Among retards, not on a job site. Read the OP you imbecile, this is why your kind hold no value besides the carbon your body accumulates.

>Ubuntu is the most popular Linux distro.
If you include desktops. RHEL/CentOS clearly dominates the server space.

idk why all our servers are running centos and debian then.

Oh wait, I actually work with servers and not just an underage /v/ kid trying to falseslag and troll.

shit

I'm with this fag.

One

Attached: file.png (225x225, 3K)

quick rundown on centos?

something schools use to teach Microsoft Office

I'm gonna blow your mind, your basement is different than the professional world. Startups love Macs.

>startups
bahahaha

dilate

My bank uses some distro that isn't Ubuntu (might be Debian) to run data warehouse jobs and other automated copy'n'paste shit, also to support ancient software

fucking kek

It's exactly the same as RHEL only without the Red Hat branding or a support contract.

>quick rundown on centos?
It's a de-badged version of RHEL. It's free, but you don't get Red Hat support. Ten year lifecycle and stable as fuck, just like RHEL.

All I use at work is CentOS mate. OP BTFO as always.

Well, this is awkward.

Attached: GNewSense_3_logo_with_lettering,_blue.svg.png (1920x1528, 118K)

roast me

Attached: file.png (880x533, 271K)

more like GNUisance amirite

>Oracle
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Corporate Licensing School Of Fucking The Consumer, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Richard Stallman, and I have over 300 confirmed licensing lawsuits. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top consumer buttfucker in the entire OEM economy. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am figuring out a way to license the amount of characters you can post per post on Jow Forums, so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your internet. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can charge you for software as a service in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my micro-transactions. Not only am I extensively trained in NVIDIA Wintel Shilling, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Underwriter Labs, SEC, FTC, FCC, GDSN, OEM, Samsung, Global Foundries, TSMC, and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot, and that's just the starter edition. I will shit upcharge options all over you and you will drown in them. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Nobody literally uses UBUNTU in the enterprise world... It's just RHEL or CENTOS.. maybe if your company runs SAP you would see a SLES, too ..

Ubuntu is everywhere in non-profits.

you've already done it with that image better than I ever could

3 jobs as a software dev in embedded, I've only worked with Debian until now.

I love ubuntu server
why does everyone on Jow Forums shit on it?

Attached: halp.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Because everything else is better, including Debian.

One would only shit on it now you mentioned it. Otherwise, it's just irrelevant.

Jow Forums is edgy and has little to zero experience. I've used Ubuntu for servers and work stations for over five years now.

The only reason you should use a fucking Ubuntu server is for a dedicated Plex machine. Otherwise what's the fucking point? Use Debian.

Attached: 1559271281967.png (449x470, 25K)

I did, most workstations run Fedora and servers run CentOS.

All the 'hip' CS grads in London offices I know use Mac OS.
Also Ubuntu isn't an operating system, just a distribution. Running another distribution is not an issue, or even noticed.

I'd use Ububtu, but sound so niggerish.

I've tried Debian on a server twice and both times it wouldn't boot up after restarting after a long while of running, at that point I gave up. I don't know why because Debian is supposed to be the stablest thing ever. Meanwhile Ubuntu Server just works.

What the actual fuck? Did you delete the loader or something? My Debian servers are all still alive and kicking literally just werking, but if Ubuntu works for you who am I to judge.

My Debian server broke after a major upgrade. I switched to Ubuntu Server and it handles major upgrades without issue.

If only small businesses use Ubuntu and small businesses make up 80% of employers, doesn't that make Ubuntu the most popular server distro market share wise?

I haven't fucked with it in any way, I literally just installed and set up samba and transmission the second time it broke.

Small business (in my experience) almost always run Windows Server. You only really see Ubuntu in non profits and similar. The higher up you will only see RHEL, Centos and Windows Server for AD.

Just use Linux Mint.

Lol, aren't the devs depressed and barely want to work on it anymore? The fuck does it really do over Ubuntu anyway?

Yes, espacialy logging in to a bank production servers. Windows & ubuntu all around.

It's better than Ubuntu. Go ahead and try it on a machine it's pretty solid. Has a great software center. Still has 32bit support.

NGOs, education centers and piss poor countries
other than that it's RHEL or CENTOS and maybe Debian

Half of my team uses Arch.

underrated

Jow Forums's insane obsession with something as tertiary as a computer OS shows they never had a real job, or a life for that matter.