Do you guys put your speakers on your desk or do you have a stand between them and your desk? how much does it matter?

Do you guys put your speakers on your desk or do you have a stand between them and your desk? how much does it matter?

Attached: 1560600105812.jpg (1280x808, 250K)

Strap them to my shoulders so I can enjoy every once of music.

I want my speakers to fill my room with sound, so they're a bit away from my computer on the floor.

My 3 27" monitors take up my entire desk, there's no room for speakers so I have them on stands.

I have them on stands
I can't get them in the proper position on my desk, too close

Fuck off

floor stands

no u

I have a 27" and two 24"s. I just bought tiny speakers and tucked them underneath the side monitors. Yeah, they don't sound too good because they're small, but who cares. Speakers are just for background noise while you're working on something, if you actually care about the quality of what you're listening to you put on headphones.

exact opposite for me, I use speakers for quality and only put on headphones if I need to listen to something loudly at 3 in the night

I disagree, I much prefer listening to music on speakers. Headphones are only for voice chat or for situations where you'd bother other people with speakers (like at work).

based

I have wall mounts that screw into studs that allow them to swivel and tilt. Only downside is the proximity to the wall, which effects the base port since the port is on the back. But otherwise it's perfect and takes up no desk or floor space.

>if you actually care about the quality of what you're listening to you put on headphones.

This is true if you're a poorfag, and don't have the money for decent speakers. You can spend a 100$ and get a pair of headphones that sound great, the same can not be said about speakers.

If you have the money though:

speakers > headphones

even if you're rich, why spend more money than you need to? In any case using headphones removes the need to consider things like proper positioning in the room and whatever resonances it might have, and gives you control of just how much stereo you want

>speakers
I just use headphones, so I put the speakers on my ears.

>even if you're rich, why spend more money than you need to?
if I don't need to put shit on my head, I rather not.

i have mine on my desk on some foam. i was going to hang them on some wall stands but ive been too lazy to do it.

Attached: 20190615_110248.jpg (3264x1836, 197K)

The further they are from each other the better for separation

>You can spend a 100$ and get a pair of headphones that sound great, the same can not be said about speakers.

Wrong

I have them on my desk but this thread is making me reconsider. Are there any good speaker stands? This way I'll have more room on my desk

buy any speaker stand you want and put them as far apart as you can for your setup next to your desk.

Speakers actually start to plateau at $100 entry level bookshelfs. You should alone spend more if you're chasing after volume and/or bass response

>Speakers actually start to plateau at $100 entry level bookshelfs.
is this poorfag COPE?

No, it's a fact. If you just play shit at a volume to moderately fill a small bedroom then you're really wasting your money

>he thinks audio quality equals volume

A speaker's ability to reproduce frequency cleanly is directly related to the volume you're trying to get out of it

>2019
>speakers
Never heard of BT headphones?

>if you actually care about the quality of what you're listening to you put on headphones.

>listening to music without physically feeling it
What is wrong with you?

I heard of trash, yes

headphonefags are weeaboo incels

>>physically feeling it
that's what concerts are for.

that and quality speakers.

Because headphones are not a replacement for speakers you seething retard.
You will never get the kind of soundstage out of headphones that you get from speakers. Obviously you dont realize this because you never owned decent speakers and understand nothing about how audio acoustics work.
Speakers and headphones compliment each other and not having to wear headphones at all times is nice.

Just get stands and place it behind your desk. It will improve the sound quality a lot.

What if you have a standing desk

put them on tall stands

How will I adjust them

by hand

this

Thats actually not true.

desk

my laptop desk has some shitty $20 creative pebbles, but less shitty bookshelves and subwoofer are on my tv stand.

The only thing that matters is having them at ear level or at least the tweeters pointed at your ears.

Isolation pads are a meme.

>he doesn't have laser guided ear seeking studio monitors

>he doesn't just stay in one exact spot all time every time

>Speakers weigh 60kg each
The floor has to do

My dude is asking about a desk, generally you sit in the same spot.

>he replies seriously to a joke about laser guided speakers

lel
yeah heat seeking would be much more sensible

>yeah heat seeking would be much more sensible
no it wouldn't, I don't need my speakers aimed at my dick and balls.

fair point

wat speakers 2 listen to lion king soundtrack by elton john?

>2019
>linux STILL has shit hidpi support
is literally everyone using linux on a fucking dogshit toaster?

Attached: 81APuRplViL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 224K)

the ones in the OP

>is literally everyone using linux on a fucking dogshit toaster?
of course, why would anyone gimp good hardware by smearing it with linuxshit?

drilled a hole in my wall & mounted them

I disagree on the voice chats, fuck that, I let my people who call me ENJOY MY ECHO and listen to it on speakers. If they don't like it they can easily message me with text instead.

lol wat

Attached: vintage-budweiser-ad-woman-with-beer-and-records.jpg (400x512, 55K)

Is there a Jow Forumsuide to Speakers?

Attached: C497A3C9-26AF-4F3F-80B3-A65F14702BD8.jpg (720x1075, 48K)

Nice bait.