You have 90 seconds to explain why you are not using a new athlon

you have 90 seconds to explain why you are not using a new athlon

Attached: 61iFOigQ61L._SL1500_.jpg (1465x1500, 93K)

I didn't even know this name was brought back from the dead

because i have a ryzen 7 1700

I don't need one. All I need from AMD is a cheap 4-core CPU with lots of fast cache, that's it. 2300x is almost perfect, just a little pricey still.

corelets get out

>a little pricey still
What? It's $93 in my local store.

how the fuck are you able to get that thing? its for OEMs only

I am from the eastern europe, 100 euros and no cooler. Brand new in box. What, 15 euro second hand cooler okay but I need DDR4 RAM haswell.

for that price i would just pay a little more and either get the ryzen 5 1600 or ryzen 5 2600 and have a cooler included

A Ryzen 2400G fits my use better, and I don't think the operating costs are noticeably different.

got one for an HTPC and it's flawless with the VPU it has, would recommend

If you're trying to save money in Eastern Europe, you're probably better off with an iGPU. A dedicated GPU actually has pretty noticable power costs if you use the machine a lot.

>its for OEMs only
Not sure what are you talking about. Yes, it's not as popular as 1300X or 2200G and sells not in every store, but I bought it as easy as it can be.

I've been using better for several years already

Attached: c47d5669e48f4b4f1b099f87f53e900a_1.jpg (900x900, 184K)

Cute security vulnerabilities, asshole.

Friend, I can always pay a little more, and a little more. 2300x performs perfectly. When overclocked, nothing can give it a hard of a time.

thinking these matter for regular people

Attached: 1560225870872.gif (400x300, 338K)

>security vulnerabilities is fine
Get a load of this part of society

Your facebook and grindr account leaks more data than an Intel CPU ever would. Continue to cope.

of course they're fine. when the odds of me running into something exploiting it is as low as someone murdering me i don't have to be concerned with them

enjoy that 2013 cpu performance tho

Attached: Dz0WlTlW0AAPKhQ.png (1099x1200, 278K)

Wooo! I can OC it and make it out perform a Celeron G4900! Seriously though what the fuck. At the cheap end of the spectrum the Pentiums still rape the dog shit out of Athlon.

Athlon is what they call their low-end integrated graphics GPUs?

It's Zen 1

It’s too expensive

M I T I G A T E D

Cause I actually respect myself and don't fall for Jow Forums memes.

it's fucking awful unless you're still using a 1080p TV

I only buy used.

Power is cheap in Eastern Europe.

that's quite strange. so are you saying things like chromecast ultra have more juice than this CPU for playing 4k videos?

I didn't say this at all?
I don't even understand what kind of strawman you're trying to create here but who exactly is building a HTPC to playback bitrate starved content from Netflix? Any computer that can output 4K can playback that shit.
The whole point of building a HTPC is being able to run a high quality video player like MPV or MPC-HC with MadVR.
Otherwise you actually might as well buy a Chromecast

oh. just out of curiosity why don't you think it's capable of high bitrate 4k videos?

Considering that I was able to run MPC-HC with madvr using an Bulldozer based APU in 2012, I don't doubt that a modern APU would be able to do 4k.

>ryzen 1700
Gross.

Use it in my Plex server

>have GTX 1080Ti
>waiting for Ryzen 3000
there you go

Attached: have-sex.jpg (1200x911, 128K)

Are the modern apus capable of 4k playback without doubt though?

>just out of curiosity why don't you think it's capable of high bitrate 4k videos?
Again, I didn't say that. You should start reading the post before replying.
see he can reply without strawmanning

There is a massive difference between being able to playback 1080p and 4k with quality filters.
I can use the most demanding filters at 1080p on my shitty HTPC but even my GTX 1080 struggles with doing the same at 4k

But you're the virgin with the r7 1700 in 2019, user.

Yes, they all have hardware decoders now days

Do they have the drms available now?

hardware decoders will not work with every type of content and the actual demanding part is the scaling filters

That's my CPU.

Filters run like ass on most systems at higher resolutions

i'm gonna upgrade my rig before cyberpunk 2077 comes out

This.

Security doesn't matter but spreading fud does. Absolute state of Incels

athlog a shit

Attached: 6sz45c-apx7kjo3n1fz.png (529x355, 254K)

Why would you lie on the internet?

2019 htpc build
>Athlon
>Pentium
Give me the facts lads.

Pentium goes for Ryzen 3 money

>2 cores in 2019
>games need min 6 cores these days
WTF IS THIS GARBAGE?
"productivity" effeminate s.o.yboys can fuck off.
go back to feeling productive goy cattle.

Attached: PRORAMMING FAIL MEME.png (1608x882, 264K)

>when the odds of me running into something exploiting it is as low as someone murdering me
Last time I checked pretty much every website out there uses JS but maybe you live in Los Cabos where murder is as common as JS but what do I know.

They seem like they're both available for around $60-$70.

Ryzen.

Just look up OC tests on the athlon. The pentium still kicks its ass. Intel's graphics suck ass but who games without a dedicated card and expects performance?

Ryzen 3 doesn't have an igpu.

Cheaper and less power hungry

Attached: file.png (2263x804, 501K)

2200g

Becuase I have a better processor.

Can these do all 4k, and run emulators?

Hmm...
Maybe I should just buy an Xbox x for $300 instead of bothering with a diy htpc for 4k.

Honestly depending on your needs a console is still a really good option yeah.

Yes, save for maybe CEMU and Dolphin at 4k

Chink TVs with Roku can stream HEVC stuff through Plex

I just wanted to build my mum an htpc for 4k, and occasional h.265 torrent playback, but I just realized that there might be other possibly cheaper options outside of putting together a shitty PC now unlike before.

Attached: file.png (1200x628, 670K)

Why don't you just stream it from a NAS or just play it off an HDD? You can probably remote control your desktop too and save money.

It's for my mum. I don't want her to have access to my nas, HDDs, files, pc, or even be on the same network.
I set up a rpi3 for her, but now she needs 4k, and x265 playback. I'll probably just get her some chinkshit, or an Xbox.

Plex is complete dogshit though and has been for a long time.

I have disposable income

I'm not poor

werks on my machine

my family has access to all my chinese cartoons idgaf

if she has a new tv then it can already do 4k

Attached: Save-Hex.jpg (338x486, 96K)

Lmao we are not third world tier

Attached: 1526031388943.jpg (643x820, 80K)

I will when there are 7nm athlons

Because I just bought 6 Turion 64 X2 RM-75 2.2 ghz dual-cores at $9 each. Then again it is for a side project with some Dell D531 laptops with X1270 graphics. Making a new set of LAN gaming PCs for older games on the cheap. Already have some with the Turion CPU but got a stack of Semprons 1.8 single cores I need to address.

>Can these do all 4k,
you should really look up which codecs are hardware accelerated, they are not the same.
as a matter of fact, ask people who used it on what happened.

I got a 1500x for 70 bucks, no igp but I got it covered already.
My gf has a 2200g tho.
Getting athlons only make sense in countries where the price diff between them and the 2200g is big enough (most of the 3rd world)

Because I have Ryzen5 laptop and there is no way you can install Athlon there.

Btw, what is the difference between Ryzen and Athlon? Less cache?

>what is javascript
Maximum intard cope

Technically I did. I bought an Athlon X4 870k (+a new FM2+ Mobo) just a month ago from a local retailer, brand new, to replace my dying FX 8300 kit. It's pretty good for everyday use and moderately taxing games.

>In B4 what kind of maniac would buy an FM2+ CPU in 2019

For muh classic gaymen on Windows7 it's perfect

Attached: res_b9f1aed42481e4748750c766669cb0fa_full.jpg (1400x1400, 97K)

I have a 2200G and it's just perfect for me. I can't run demanding games all that well because no GPU but for everything else it's gold.