What's your favorite DE?

strawpoll.me/18171117

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2545x803, 365K)

bump

They're all kinda cool, hard to pick one.

Unironically gnome. It's fast, coherent, polished and a joy to use.

I am trying to get into bspwm and polybar, but it's a bitch to get it working.
t.NewToLinux

KDE
Gone are the times when plasma was a slow and messy DE. Now I boot my PC and it idles at just 500MB

Attached: environment.png (1142x689, 94K)

I'm surprised there are so many KDE and XFCE users, I thought everyone on Jow Forums had shit taste.

gnome 2

We're contrarians, don't you know. Gnome is the most popular and so we cannot be caught dead using it. Plus it sucks and always removes features

guess gnome users are too busy getting shit done to write walls of text about their de's superiority

Gnome is slow and bloated, what the hell is wrong with you?

But not too busy to bleat about it here I suppose.

This. Unless you need good high-dpi support, most of them are pretty interesting choices.

windows 2000 / internet explorer 4.0

bump

Definitely the Digital Extremes of UT99

My celeron with integrated 510 has zero issue with it. Stop using a 2005 emachines.

The only reason I swapped to kde was unity being dropped from ubuntu. It was 99% of what I wanted in a DE:
>unified status bar/menu
>sexy compositing
>virtual desktops
>smooth touchpad mouse movement (I haven't found this anywhere else besides Windows)
>just werks
My only complaint was not being able to set different pictures for lock screen and wallpaper

Gnome is much more similar to Unity than KDE tho

I wish I could say KDE, but my inner aesthete screams out in protest. Excellent functionality all-around, but also very poor layouts in some of its programs, plus inconsistent theming.

Attached: 1321869543275.jpg (480x465, 44K)

i don't know what a DE is or does, sorry

File picker icons and a spinning kube.

Attached: Konqi.png (3173x3508, 856K)

Tie between KDE and XFCe, I really can't decide. I've been using Xfce since 2011 or so but recently I stopped having poorfag used dual-core Thinkpads and got a X1E with a Nvidia 1050 and a desktop with a 1070, so I've been running KDE since then.

This, but ironically.

I'd also put gnome as my #1, but it's definitely slower than pretty much all alternatives. It emphasizes fancy animations over being snappy.

True, but KDE is over all a better solution and the small differences in gnome were more annoying than just starting from scratch with kde. If I can find my old screenshot I had kde looking pretty close to unity but more of a mix of mac and Windies

This, most cohesive and polished DE

Attached: 1560313025039.gif (707x720, 282K)

>not turning off animations on every single computer you use.
There is no point in them.

Desk Enclosure

Poor MATE someone love him! (I chose KDE by the way)

>Gnome is the most popular
sure thing buddy

nah bro. nah.

Attached: 86d.gif (225x183, 838K)

It is. By far. Every distro that matters defaults to gnome. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that Gnome outpaces all other DEs combined.

Where's i3?

>GNOME
>fast
>coherent
Lolwut

>Every distro that matters defaults to gnome
Yes, and? How does that measure popularity?

It’s not a DE retard

my favorite DE is when no one force-feeds me a pre-configured DE and allows me to install my favorite window and file managers on my own.

Stumpwm

My favorite DE is not DE

Which DE would be more familiar to a macfag?

I am using i3wm for most than a year, I want to try openbox because people say it's one of the few nice stacking wm. But I am too used to use the keyboard for managing windows, can I do that in openbox? Basic tiling will be nice too.

Gnome

plasma with some tweaks. Gnome's workflow isn't a mac workflow

Unity. Too bad they discontinued the best DE Linux ever had.

Kek, this. They are used having dildo in rectum.

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY DOES KDE TRASH ALWAYS BREAK MY CHROME SYNC WITH THEIR AIDS WALLET SYSTEM. EVEN DISABLED CHROME SYNC DOESN'T WORK
REEEE
>INB4 WHY USE KDE JUST USE WM
>INB4 WHY USE CHROME INSTEAD OF SJW BALLERINA FIREFOX
THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I'M USING XFECES AND NOT KAY-DEE-EEE

mac os is literally gnome 2 inspired

Nigga just uninstall or disable kde wallet.

do i have to Uninstall it? the wallet system is disabled yet it still doesn't work.
Thanks in advance

deepin is great its fast and polished and looks great everything just works so seamlessly together.

>kde on first place
Jow Forums full of script kiddies confirmed

The default dictates what most people experience, as the majority of users don't customize their system extensively.

At school I started with gnome because it was preinstalled. When I hd got my hands for the first time on my own machine I went with xfce. Kind of liked it as a previous Windows user, then I realized there are more alternatives.
I decided to try new gnome it worked but after a couple of hours of use some screen freezes occurred, turned of the animations and another bloat. Anyway it was too much of unneeded extensions for DE for me.
Went to the KDE, I didn't really liked the Windows look anymore as it is on preconfig. Started looking around, realized that there is a waaaay more things that are configurable than at gnome. At some point I realized that I was trying to make all these DEs look simpler, a bit more minimalistic, just like XFCE is.
And to this day I have sticked to xfce because it provides me everything I need, I am not saying it's perfect but nothing suits my needs better than mice on the screen.

You better try those DEs by yourself user and find what suits you best.

Attached: 1554229190524.png (549x702, 1.2M)

can confirm, my dad dual boots Ubuntu since I can remember but he never bothered with ricing

my hidpi laptop has made me hate everything other than gnome and i3

Window Maker

This