Ebay Scams?

I am selling a xbox one on ebay and the buyer setup the account today and is based in Canada and I am in the US. The offer was pretty good. What kind of scams are on ebay today?

Attached: Xbox_One_X_Screenshot_05.0.jpg (1200x800, 51K)

Nothing that you can't get your money back from the moment you realize that it's a scam.
>nigger fucks you over
>report to eBay, pp, or cc

Read the OP again, he's trying to sell

Ebay just seems way to sketch fest honestly

If you’re selling an xbox on ebay you deserve to get scammed

Doesn't ebay use paypal? If you don't get the money they don't get the goods.

this. ebay is very buyer centric. Most smaller sellers have shutdown. It's all chinkshit and @@LOOK@@ "i know what i gots" idiots. To OP, don't even bother with offers. let the auction run, get tracking and insurance on that shit. People will make a claim just because you didn't include tracking and insurance is a no brainer for anything more than $20. that's the only way to CYA finanically

He still gets the money. Sometimes eBay/pp will just eat the loss until they send the police.

cancel it and sell on craigslist

>be me, ebay scammer
>send funds for xbox
>seller receives it in paypal
>seller mails me xbox
>i receive, hook up, begin playing my new xbox
>I have recently gone vegan, so remove old steaks from the freezer and pile them into the xbox packaging
>take a picture of my creation
>file “Item Not As Described” case against the seller
>”hay this is not xbox this is just box of old steaks! See pic attached”
>seller responds “that’s not true i sent u an xbox!!!”
>i do not reply
>few weeks pass
>ebay message to seller: “hello this case will be closed if you do not escalate it”
>if (case closes) {tell seller, “we have returned the funds to the customer and removed them from your paypal account”}
>if (case escalates) {
>ebay employee: “yep that’s steaks not an xbox. Seller has to pay the funds back, the guy ordered an xbox not steaks”
>i get the money
>seller has a negative paypal balance
>delete my account and start again

a lil nigga got killed recently over an xbox he sold online
world has changed fren, you're better off just keeping it

Sold my ps4 on ebay last year. The winning bidder wanted me to contact them through personal email with an offer of gift cards or some shit. I reported them to ebay, relisted the ps4 after a week and it sold fine.
List your item "sold as & no refunds" use ebay messaging and paypal and you'll be fine.

Don't deal with offers to begin with, turn them off when you make your listing.

Hopefully when your item sells it's to someone with high positive feedback rating and fairly recent feedback (so it's not a hacked account with a bunch of positive feedback from several years ago).

I've even gone as far as cancelling my auction and relisting if it looks like the winner is going to be someone sketchy. Scammy fucks are way to prevalent on these sites now.

Thanks for the help mofos, its a shame that ebay is a fuck fest to this day going to try to sell locally and if it doesnt work, hit up the shit show

Sellers are at a disadvantage on eBay.

The Canuck will likely buy your system and then report to eBay that it was a fake. He will get 50% minimum back from you.

Doesn't a box full of steaks cost more than an Xbox?

This happens every minute. Fuck eBay.

A friend of a friend sold a Rolex and went through the same ordeal

>this Rolex is a fraud.
>eBay: can you return it
>I had it destroyed to further prevent fraud sales
>eBay: excellent work, your money will be refunded immediately.
>legit eBay seller is out one Rolex AND $3500

No but it likely performs better.

The up side is that when the steaks heat up to frying temps you can eat them.

Only sell to people in your country then start litigation against them when they pull something like that. I've actually had people send a shoe on their head type photos before I shipped them their shit. I also dox the hell out of anyone who bids more than $300. Like down to their immediate friends and family. If I can't then I cancel it.