Is there anything - ANYTHING AT ALL - that this company has ever done correctly?

Is there anything - ANYTHING AT ALL - that this company has ever done correctly?

Attached: black apple logo.png (2000x2000, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_phone_brands_by_country.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they slammed ur mom

the lightning port unironically
its what USB-C should be as far as the physical port goes

Milked the sheeple.

Attached: 1544632942623.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

Bazed

The late 2011 line up all scrutinised and apporved by Jobs was fucking perfection and you know it.

I own at least 4 of the products in the picture and they are still working perfectly today 8 years later

jobs apple =/= cuck apple

Attached: Apple.jpg (670x409, 56K)

Attached: hypercard-100537605-large.jpg (580x388, 33K)

tpbp
based and truthpilled
/thread

Sunsetting iTunes

>proprietary
no

this but unironically

apple's shit was literally never good. you could go back in time and erase their presence from history and we'd all be better for it.
prove me wrong. oh wait, you can't.

literally whomst'd've

>whoosh, you now have 3 bloatware apps instead of just one
>oh also now you gotta pay a monthly fee if you wanna keep yr music, sorry lol
no

> prove me wrong. oh wait, you can't.
> erasing the ipod and iphone

imagine being this much of a contrarian faggot

ipod was a piece of shit. so many other companies did mp3 players before apple did it's not even funny. and they at least had the decency to not make you use some bloated proprietary software that ran like absolute dogshit. you could literally just drag files onto the device and call it a day.
>oops, we updated macos and now your ipod is totally useless tehe :)

also iphone has consistently been the absolute worst smartphone throughout technological history. the idea wasn't even originally apple's, it was LG's with the LG Prada and then on top of that it was barely even functional at that. dropped calls, superslow internet even for 2007 and couldn't do half the shit its blackberry contemporaries could do.
then as time passed, thousands of other companies came along and surpassed apple at their own buttonless meme game. there are so many iphone-like smartphones out there that run circles around the iphone for a 4th of the price (e.g. Pocophone) that the iphone is basically useless at this point.

imagine being this much of a dickeating shill

> seething poorfag

>not an argument

Can't even prove yourself right lol

already did. everything i've said so far is a matter of historical fact.
ipod was a shit buy and the first iphone was terrible. current iphones are also borderline unusable when compared to the competition.
when you boil things down, apple is just a lifestyle brand like supreme and always has been.

cope harder ipajeet

they fixed CUPS, it was a dumpster fire before Apple got involved

marketing
the importance of "brand" over all else
siphoning money from sheep and hipsters

LCD screens on MacBooks.
They have selected back in the day pretty good TN and IPS panels.

Wow. All these opinions and not a single fact to back it.

> thousands of other companies
Thousands you say?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_phone_brands_by_country. Bet those indochimps REALLY have apple quaking in their boots.

> t. doesn't own a single piece of iTrash.

It's not about who did it first but who got it started.
Lg whatever
What's the first semi autodriving electric car? No one remembers. Tesla isn't the first but it is the first competent rival.
GUI was an apple thing.
Home computers was an apple thing.
No it wasn't an apple thing. It was Steve Jobs thing.
Got gud actual iPajeet you wish you were a millionth as great as Steve Jobs

This. The company is still running on the fumes from this design era. They could have kept all of their hardware and UI designs the same and just kept upgrading the hardware and OS/application security.

>fixed
found the shill. according to wikipedia, cups was literally developed by apple. and surprise surprise, it's garbage.

>marketing
no they have shit marketing. no company has ever embarked on more rage-inducing ad campaigns than apple has. everybody hated the ipod silhouettes, everybody hated the 'mac vs pc' ads and don't even get me started on the now-infamous "what's a computer?"
try harder, pajeet.
>the importance of "brand" over all else
that's not something apple invented or has even done correctly. lmao
>siphoning money from sheep and hipsters
true.

>They have selected back in the day pretty good TN and IPS panels.
k so what you're telling me is that they've PICKED good screens? like from other companies? and slapped them into their shitbooks? how is that an accomplishment again? all they did was put their logo on it.

Apple should still make all of these products just like Nike still makes retro Jordans.

stop being a nigger. you know i meant thousands figuratively.
there's a shitload of brands to choose from and literally all of them are better options than ishit. fuck off kike.

>hurr it's not about ideas it's about who did it best
even still, the original iphone was shit anyway so they didn't even do it best lmao. and apple didn't get shit started. the industry was heading in that direction anyway so even if they did nothing we'd still have buttonless phones nowadays.
if anything, all they've done was hold us back.
>GUI was an apple thing
yeah except no it wasn't. it was a microsoft thing. dumb nigger.
>Home computers was an apple thing.
again, no.
remember that time apple's official advice for the apple iii was to pick the computer up and drop it to get it to work again? remember how much of a piece of shit that thing was? remember how you couldn't even use it for 3 hours before it literally fucking melted you fucking idiot?
shut the fuck up.

yes, but years ago: 10+ years they got rid of the cd readers, pushed iphone to the masses and focused on os for the phones.

>10+ years they got rid of the cd readers,
you say that like it's a good thing.
>pushed iphone to the masses
you say that like it's a good thing
> and focused on os for the phones.
what in the fuck does that even mean?

Uh... aesthetics, really. Like a macbook does actually look quite nice. Also, typically apple plays quite well with apple, although to make your environment completely apple would be kinda useless for any sort of actual work.

Is it twice the cost for the same hardware nice? Not really.

The Apple ][ GS

>ipod
>lightning cable
>magsafe cable
inb4 muh shill
Those weren't the first nor the best ones on the market, but were the most recognizable
Everything else of good that they made is buried under presumptuousness, expensiveness and cuckoldry

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (640x480, 30K)

>Not knowing microsoft stole the idea from Apple and Bill Gates reputation went shit at the time cause of the controversy
So what on the drop computer part? It's what you'd expect for someone trying to get proper working computers to the masses.
The first iPhone was best compared to every other shit at the time.
Pls learn to think about the history instead of your own experiences dumbo

>Uh... aesthetics, really.
thinkpads have better aesthetics
>Like a macbook does actually look quite nice.
no it literally does not. it looks like a tacky chrome mess of a children's toy.
>Also, typically apple plays quite well with apple
that's a bad thing. wouldn't it be better if everything played well with everything? that's the future you could have but can't have because apple is actively trying to prevent.

>ipod
not going there again.
>lightning cable
already touched that. proprietary garbage, physically weak and the cables are shit.
lightning is little more than a way for applel to make money off smaller accessory manufacturers.
>magsafe
literal fire hazard, impossible to use on a bed or anywhere other than a non-crowded desk, and need i mention that magnets weaken over time?

all these are terrible. try harder, shill

magsafe is an overhyped onions meme

>oooo massa they dun stole frum us
>niggas took awl our sheit
>WE
>WUZ
>REVOLUTIONARIES
fuck off

>So what on the drop computer part? It's what you'd expect for someone trying to get proper working computers to the masses.
are you seriously even attempting to defend that? brainwashing is a powerful drug.
>The first iPhone was best compared to every other shit at the time.
literally no. it was a terrible phone. couldn't even copy/paste. dropped calls when you "held it wrong." god-awful phone.

based redpiller batting away all the ithots

I need you to do a few things for me.
Was I right on the GUI, was there a controversy both because of it?
Am I right about first things aren't gonna be perfect.
Name a better phone at the time.
I want you to price yourself right, then I'll join you.

I'm a phoneposting fag so yeh
born*
prove*

Please use this as a way to argue with me and comment about my redditspacing

OS X tiger
ipod nano before ipod touch fags
comfy version apple stores before expansions

Attached: sip heh.jpg (480x360, 30K)

>so what you're telling me is that they've PICKED good screens? like from other companies?
Yes, but I think they have ordered them from LG (or Sharp, I don't remember). Somebody there knew his shit really good, and ordered good screens.
>how is that an accomplishment again? all they did was put their logo on it.
Their screens aren't exactly standard. But thanks to them, you can buy now cheap good TN panels from LG, which would be installed in every shitbook, and run Apple ICC profile. Color accuracy will be identical, since technology of manufacturing (secret recepie of color filters, LED color and such) is identical.
This is not just "I will make a logo" sort of thing. This is more about knowing companies, which will do shit they want.

Also, MagSafe was pretty good idea, but I wish they made their shit from PVC not biodegradable cum and aluminium.
>literal fire hazard, impossible to use on a bed or anywhere other than a non-crowded desk, and need i mention that magnets weaken over time?
They needed to make it slighly deeper, so it is a little bit stronger, and make that aluminium thing from PVC, like every charger has. Magnets don't weaken, junk sticks to magnet.
Idea is 10/10... Implementation is 4/10, better normal charger.

Why are people seems obsessed with hating or loving a brand on internet? Are they also doing that in real life too? Its weird that supporting a brand is like supporting soccer clubs now.

>ipod
Not the first MP3 player, but it is the one that popularized them, and the whole click wheel thing was pretty nice.
>lightning cable
They break all the time and are DRM'd.
>magsafe cable
House fire cable.

Instant on
Trackpad/Gestures
Unbloated OS out of the box
Generally better battery life

This isn't enough to justify their price but it does make it reasonable for cases like me where I bought a refurbished MBP as a 2nd tote around machine. If you don't mind dings then refurbs can be really good for very casual portable machines. NEVER buy their shit new though.

touchpads

Attached: 12188-5815-IMG_0969-l.jpg (660x495, 44K)

>Thinkpads have better aesthetics
Most don't. It's a hard thing to describe, but it's very similar to how a high tier cologne will do their bottling. It's a use of aesthetically pleasing materials that stay cold to the touch and interact well on first use.. unless you're Paco.

Like a macbook feels interesting; it's that exact use of chrome that looks fancy. Is it a cheap marketing ploy? Yes. Is it pleasing? Also yes.

>If everything played well with everything?
I don't believe that's really possible in the industry we have. But that's not my real point, my point is that I can take anything apple and put it in the same ecosystem and it will confidently work on the first go around, and intuitively so. Likewise, everything made by apple to work together is typically of "good enough" quality. I.e., it's removed choice to something expensive that will work.

>Do I think this is a good thing?
No, I'd much rather just get the money spent on my apple stuff to go buy whatever, but the company likes apple and that's what we get.

>tfw your boss spends 2.5k at least on a meh specs laptop because it's apple instead of 700 on a kinda good laptop and 1.8k on a pretty good tower.

Pre-Cook Apple was based and sexpilled.

>phoneposter
opinions discarded and invalid. you're probably shitposting from an iphone aren't you? hope they're paying you enough to feed your 12 kids rakesh

>OS X tiger
linux, except with bloat and locked down bullshit.
>ipod nano before ipod touch fags
ipods are, always were and always have been inexcusable garbage.
>comfy version apple stores before expansions
hurr physical stores look gud

>Yes, but I think they have ordered them from LG (or Sharp, I don't remember). Somebody there knew his shit really good, and ordered good screens.
ok so what you're telling me is that apple didn't do shit. lg and sharp did, and apple took credit for it. typical.

also you literally just listed all the ways magsafe was shit and still had the nerve to give it a 4/10 despite all other chargers being more functional and less dangerous? stop doing my job for me thx

>Instant on
not a good thing. makes you lose power every time you go to clean your shitbook.
>Trackpad/Gestures
not a good thing. trackpoint is better and keyboard shortcuts are godly.
>Unbloated OS out of the box
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>Generally better battery life
*WHEEZE*
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aww I was just about to join your strong opinions but surely they we wrong.

I'm gonna join the TN panel guy side, he and to know about the history unlike you.

t. Windows Reddit phone poster

I gotta upgrade to an iPhone I seem to make too much autocorrect mistakes on my windows gboard

Suggest a good iPhone please iPajeet with your 12 rakeshs

>File: black apple logo.png (37 KB, 2000x2000)

Attached: macOS Mugabe.png (570x659, 190K)

>t. Windows Reddit phone poster
cool, your opinion means nothing to me

But my opinions are your own pls strengthen them so I can see the light as well. I need to know from you Mr. .... You're not famous so I don't know your name but I assume you know what I should buy.
Psst. GUI jobs is still better than what you can come up with

Ah shit, I didn't mean to diss you master, but you must understand that even you're followers can see that you're wrong at a few things

based

>invented the personal computer
>invented the GUI
>invented the mouse
>invented digital music
>invented smartphones
>invented mobile internet
>invented tablets

Shall I go on you anime loving faggots? When will you pussies move out of your mom’s basements and get a real job?

Attached: 754B728A-FECB-409F-A211-4809DA8F86C6.jpg (720x960, 125K)

Yes, keep going

Attached: 1544858659314.jpg (802x1080, 242K)

did apple or microsoft or bsd or linux invented anime?

>ok so what you're telling me is that apple didn't do shit. lg and sharp did, and apple took credit for it. typical.
I'm giving them credit not for making those screens, but for forcing LG to make such dense screens in such quantities.
They just knew the thing people wanted, and who can make this shit for reasonable price.
Yes, this is typical in the industry. No car manufacturer makes their own engine computer, or ABS actuators... No airplane manufacturer makes engines, and cockpit themselves... Finding right parts is an art, actually, because making non-industry standard parts is stupidly expensive... And Apple managed exactly this, but cheaply, make non-standard part for cheap, thanks to quantities, and thanks for other companies wanting same shit, once Apple released it.
Thanks to Apple, I can have $40 screen FHD, with Apple ICC profile and superior colors.
>also you literally just listed all the ways magsafe was shit and still had the nerve to give it a 4/10 despite all other chargers being more functional and less dangerous? stop doing my job for me thx
Apple MagSafe is great idea. I never said that connector itself was good. 4/10 means that it is below "OK" mark.
They could have made it safer and more functional, by making it a little bit deeper, so it won't disconnect off that easily, and PVC housing and cable insulation, which will reduce wear on cable, thus will reduce risk of fire.

>>invented the personal computer
microsoft
>>invented the GUI
microsoft
>>invented the mouse
xerox
>>invented digital music
blatantly false
>>invented smartphones
motorola
>>invented mobile internet
cultivated on its own
>>invented tablets
microsoft

Why are you so good at proving him wrong in a civilized manner.

But my master said you're wrong even though history proves you're right. But I'm going to follow my master's view because he seems to know something we don't. I wonder what it is. I guess it's part of the cult.

shut the fuck up you fucking stupid smug fuck fuck you

>invented the personal computer
wrong, Altair 8800.
>invented GUI
wrong, Xerox PARC developed the first GUI.
>invented the mouse
wrong, Douglas C. Engelbart created the mouse in 1964, unveiled in 1968, 2 decades before apple.
>invented digital music
wrong, Kane Kramer invented the first portable digital audio player.
>invented smartphones
wrong, IBM created the first smart phone, 15 years before apple.
wrong, Radiolinja (now Elisa) launched the first GSM network in Finland
>invented tablets
wrong, microsoft's touch input tablet computer came first.

you're bait is weak and you're memory of history is skewed. Please kill yourself.

Attached: 1556956189632.jpg (250x247, 13K)

>linux, except with bloat and locked down bullshit.
When Tiger was released there was barely any functional Linux distro apart from maybe Slackaware.

>there was barely any functional Linux distro
learn to code faggot

>microwang being irrelevant outside of wangdows OS, which has sucked ass for years

Yeah, no. Nigger pajeet.

Microshaft stole the GUI from Apple.

Xerox gave it to Apple first and Apple gave them stock in return.

Microwang was a pussy who stole it from Apple.

Attached: 921C0DCB-0252-4775-B84E-980152E8370B.jpg (799x936, 156K)

just works, faggot

Attached: 1559859243374.jpg (1317x801, 208K)

BASED

>Xerox gave it to Apple
lol no
read the ms vs apple lawsuit faggot

>Is there anything - ANYTHING AT ALL - that this company has ever done correctly?
No.

Attached: 1535938656004.png (538x480, 170K)

based Shierke-poster.

finally, a correct answer. can't believe it took this long on a technology board. you people are supposed to be knowledgeable on this type of stuff.

The iPod was a vast improvement over most other mp3 players available at the time.

iMessages undermines police and government monitoring of messaging and messaging metadata and works very nicely.

Keep dreaming anime faggot

>you're bait is weak
>just fell for his bait

Nothing he said is technically true, but it all might as well be. Apple perfected all that shit and brought it to market. That's why everyone in the world knows what the Apple II, Macintosh, and iPad are and nobody knows whatever the fuck Xerox PARC's machine was called

This entire thread is fucking pointless.

Attached: PURGE_IT_ALL.gif (400x296, 255K)

so is everything

The iPhone 4S was probably the most perfect smartphone that's ever been created & nothing else touched it. It took gorgeous photos & was beautifully simplistic with quality materials perfect for one handed operation.

After that, things started getting weird & Apple became an also-ran company.

Attached: iphone-4s-back-hero.jpg (800x600, 57K)

>Bringing Steve Jobs back to the company
>marketing
>becoming the most powerful corporation in the world revenue-wise
>mastering the art of selling overpowered but pretty products to the masses while marketing them as status symbols

Should I continue? I get it, I don't like Apple either, but you gotta give them credit where credit's due.

All still true, and stays that way through Catalina, at least. Physical design has gone to shit, though. The cheese grater, the three eyed lump, the USB-C back connector. Steve is truly dead.

I think you mean Thunderbolt, but I'm not sure if they came up with that. Lightning is alright, but not for a phone. Lint builds up in the port and makes connections faulty after a while. Also the grip weakens considerably over time and will no longer hold the cable.

t. had an iPhone 6S for almost 2 years.

Sup, bros.

Attached: imac g4.jpg (1280x760, 130K)

brainlet

llvm
retina displays
pcie nvms
llvm video drivers for crappy intel
swift
swiftUI

nice stand.

Attached: stand.jpg (634x922, 45K)

You forgot the CUPS and bonjour

iPhone SE

iPod touch gen 2
iPhone 4, 5 and 6
iPod Classic
Pre butterfly switch macbook pros
Power Mac G5
Making type C relevant
Cucking BSD devs

That's about it

I would like to see the girl behind that stand.

>iPhone SE
>The only ones using 16:10 screens along with Panasonic.
That's it.
Fuck 16:9 garbage.

From what I can see, focus probably wouldn't improve it.

marketing
apple is EXTREMELY good at marketing.

>no they have shit marketing
Sales would beg to differ.

>according to wikipedia

Autism

No.

>wrong, Altair 8800.
Are they still in business? No. Apple is worth 1 Trillion $.
>wrong, Xerox PARC developed the first GUI.
>invented the mouse
Is he still in business? No. Apple is worth 1 Trillion $.
>invented digital music
Is he still in business? No. Apple is worth 1 Trillion $.
>invented smartphones
Are they still in the smartphone business? No. Apple is worth 1 Trillion $.
>invented tablets

Check and mate.

Go have sex. Just not with your mom.

Making money?
Creating the most valuable company?

Also first with USB1.0

Also

OpenCL
FireWire
Thunderbolt (collab with Intel)

Revolutionized affordable video editing with Final Cut Pro

Music production with Logic

I could go on...

this is literally the only good product they've ever made

i bought a mac and i fucking hate it but i love this little 'fuck me' mouse it's so fucking cute

Attached: magic_mouse_2_charging.jpg (938x525, 26K)

the logo ain't bad

Glass trackpads.

The click wheel on iPods.

Reduce fragmentation and maintain support/OS releases for devices many years old.