Why did Intel BTFO AMD in 2006?

Why did Intel BTFO AMD in 2006?

Attached: INTELvsAMD.png (1257x948, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Micro_Devices,_Inc._v._Intel_Corp.
youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Core2Duo destroyed AMDs CPUs.

Dont remember when exactly, but im guessing thats when faildozer launched

Conroe
$200 CPU that BTFO amd's $1k athlon

why is AMD btfoing intel in 2019?

AMD didn't catch up with the core2duo until the phenom II and by that time intel had nehalem out

intel underestimated amd

Intel bribed OEMs in the Nukeburst/Presshot era to favour their CPU's over AMD's, which were faster and cheaper at that time.

This.
How the fuck do you not know this? Underage b&, all of you.

I just turned 18. I was 5 years old in 2006.

It's literally more than a decade ago.

Core2Duo and Core2Quad annihilated AMD

It'll happen again as Anandtech mentioned

Hilarious how a Bong journalist knows more than Techtubers

>Mfw you were 3 years old when I started posting on this site.

Attached: 1518592418505.jpg (342x298, 40K)

>born in 1994
>25 fucking years old now
>was 12 in 2006

Athlon 64 x2 era according to Wikipedia.

>chart
Q1 2019

fuck off zoomer

Jow Forums needs to be a 30+ boomer board. The kids here are fucking retarded and bring it down, like with literally everything.

They started handing money and advantages to OEMs to favour their CPUs

Apple switched from PPC to Intel, that's 5-10% of the market right there.
Linux also performs better on Intel integrated graphics, ATI/AMD catalyst driver was shit and still is to this day

faildozer was launched in 2011

It was designed to bail AMD out of the mess Intel Core series put them into. Bulldozer fell flat on its face

There you have the history of AMD from 2006-2017. Intel still sells Core family processors to this day (which are getting long in tooth)

>Intel still sells Core family processors to this day (which are getting long in tooth)
I think that's the problem, that Core was just _too_ good and Intel thought it could carry them forever.
Same with Americans and the Garand. Was the best widely-issued rifle in WW2, so they didn't have any pressure to change from large-caliber semi-auto, and then Charlie caught them by surprise with the AKs in 'Nam.

USA was already using M14s in Vietnam, they only used Garands in limited quantities.

Core is basically the M16, the next big Intel processor will be the M4.

Intel's foundries failed the entire company.

pentium 4 was dead by 2006 you retarded wiki kiddos

why indeed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Micro_Devices,_Inc._v._Intel_Corp.

This
Anyone that doesnt even know this should seriously just eat cat food for a week

The absolute fucking state of Jow Forums

Attached: 1559521794271.jpg (505x607, 28K)

the more surprising stat is how the fuck theyve managed to hold onto 20% market share in their slump

Criminal business practices.

Only until Phenom. But it was too late and AMD shortly fucked up with FX again.

It's either false-flagging idiots, or summer kids who are flooding up the bribery claims, when in truth, it was really a triumphant return of Intel through Core 2's (Conroe) that helped then beat the Athlon 64 X2. AMD at that time was being complacent, and did not think that Intel's response would straight up be better.

I can't blame AMD though. Pentium D was such a clusterfuck, that it forever sullied the Pentium Brand. I don't get AMD for abandoning the Athlon name, It wasn't as badly dragged into the mud like Pentium was.

>triumphant return of Intel through Core 2's (Conroe) that helped then beat the Athlon 64 X2
Hmm I wonder how did they manage to come up with such a spectacular new uarch

Oh wait

LOL

Attached: 1560369968985.png (1536x2048, 401K)

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

Attached: 1550937356592.png (1920x1080, 1.21M)

stop being a fucking fanboy. None of these exploits were used during the core2's heyday.
>inb4 tinfoil hattery.
Fuck your fanboyism.

t. proud owner of an R3- 1200 and a RX 460, soon to upgrade into a R5 3600X and GTX 1650

This thread is horrifying.

I can't believe that this shit is considered marketshare by this retarded board.
Those are entries sent by users at passmark.
This dkesn't represent sales or anything else, it shows the popularity if systems among passmark users.
Iirc passmark is owned by intel

Attached: 1513095171824.png (804x743, 22K)

>being proud to be a consumerist whore

Attached: braingrater.jpg (372x574, 46K)

Those exploits is what coming back to bite them in the ass today.

You know Intel will just come back with an even more pozzed uarch to beat Ryzen. Throw more speed holes cuz Intel fanboys are braindead monkeys anyway.

Attached: 1528292848450.jpg (811x1024, 223K)

zoomers get out.C2D destroyed athlons phenoms were a disaster phenom 2 was ok and later bulldozer was raped by sandy bridge

The Core uarch, developed from the Pentium M (itself a development going back to the Pentium Pro).
Basically, Intel cut their losses on Netburst. It just wasn't going to work.

>ATI
>Catalyst
Did you stop keeping up with news back in 2008? Stop posting if you're gonna keep posting irrelevant trash.
stfu poorfag

And the damage intel did was done by then too, Intel jewry did a lot of damage to AMD and their inability to keep up did the rest.

Phenom was a modest competitor at best, and it was priced suitably. The 955 was the only viable competitor to C2Q chips and it was never performance competitive, it was just "good enough" at a low enough price point.

I don't use OpenBSD by Theo is based as fuck.

Attached: 1556463847379.png (1000x500, 272K)