Name a bigger time waste. You can't

Name a bigger time waste. You can't.

Attached: hackintosh.jpg (676x328, 21K)

Quality thread bro good job $0.01 has been deposited into ur account don't spend it all in one place!

Trying to discuss anything on Jow Forums

Jow Forums

>a cent per post
where do I sign in?

GNU/Linux

Shareblue and CTR are taking applications if you're into helping facilitate the death of a nation

Okay, I'll re-phrase: name a bigger time waste than other than: Jow Forums
Also Linux and BSD aren't valid as answers because you can actually learn useful skills with them.

macOS is BSD.

If you want Mac OS, not sure why you would, but if you do its definitely the best way to go.

Just from a pragmatic standpoint, there isn't a single modern Mac that doesn't throttle under full load. The only way to get a machine that isn't handicapped by apples shit design is by building yourself.

How do I waste time in reverse?

Attached: 1555969424767.jpg (444x425, 26K)

Attached: moving-goalposts.jpg (800x600, 104K)

Wrong. OSX = some remains of System 9 (window fuckery for instance) + NEXT remains + some FreeBSD stuff here and there. OSX is based on the Darwin kernel.

Define BSD, then.

A UNIX spinoff that failed, unlike Linux.

Why is it a time waste? I once installed it. It was pretty funny, but nothing more.

>HURR DURR STOP ENJOYING THINGS!11

So you have no idea what you're talking about?

Nigga pls, I built a 18core Hackintosh with Radeon VII and it's amazing.

I'll post spec screenshots soon. I never even boot into Wangblows anymore lmao

your life

>Also Linux and BSD aren't valid as answers because you can actually learn useful skills with them.
How would those be more useful than MacOS?

Jow Forums and 4channel

what's the point of high end radeon on mac? there's no gaymes

you retarded? there's more to graphics than gaming.

yeah but you could get one for $400 instead and still get all the benefits if you aren't gaming

Dual boot, you mong.

No dipshit, I use it for editing and resolve (color correction) which the radeon excells at.

after effects doesn't really benefit from a faster GPU. it's mostly CPU reliant

Did I mention AE you dumb fuck?

AE is heavy on single threaded performance and in my case I have 18c/36t and run a python script to push the CPU to 100% during renders.

Also AE does use the GPU during fast draft previews but you need a CUDA GPU...since there's no NVIDIOT support in macOS Mojave I don't use that feature anymore.

I'm tired of Jow Forums homos thinking they know everything. I've been using AE since 1998 you niggers need to get the fuck outta here with your half assed assessments and pseudo intellect. Makes me not even want to lurk this anime homo board.

not an answer

It basically did fail though. Yeah some corporations use highly modified FreeBSD as a base like Sony for PlayStation but that didn't even end up in FBSD's favour. And if that counts, then Android running a Linux kernel counts as Linux devices too.

Linux is king in the server and embedded world. Sure, a small percentage of routers run OpenBSD, but it's also only going to get worse for the *BSD's and they know it. Now that systemd has taken over the Linux Userland, developers make use of it and write their software with it in mind and it's getting increasingly difficult to port software to *BSD. The *BSD guys knew it would happen, the OpenBSD guys even made a release song about it.

>Makes me not even want to lurk this anime homo board.
You're welcome to fuck of anytime

>small percentage of routers run OpenBSD
Which ones?

Nah i don't mean commercially available ones even, just setups some hobbyists and a very very few companies use internally

The fuck are you even saying?

You autists need to be shot in the fucking head.

>Fuck of

Learn to spell pajeet niggerskinned faggot

Installing gentoo

Linux.

Being productive.

works on my machine.

See

you mad I can cuck applel

>Name a bigger time waste. You can't.
Well idk about BIGGER time wastes but I can name similarly wasteful activities.

>posting anything on Jow Forums
>ricing any operating system
>this thread
>arguing about operating system preferences
>arguing over who has the superior graphics card
>this entire board
>not doing anything to further the cause of free and open source software and hardware
>desktop threads
>wallpaper threads
>playing video games

There's always time for leisure but when your whole life is devoted to leisure you will find it devoid of meaning.

See MacOS also isn't used in the enterprise space. Learning anything about MacOS other than iOS development is a complete waste of time. The entire company would fail if it weren't for the hoards of mental masturbators that think they're superior because they bought an overpriced laptop.

You need to learn to procrastinate in a positive way. Put off putting things off. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, nigger.

>Name a bigger time waste
Going to the Apple store once a week and paying $10,000 for a new FagBook when your keyboard gets fucked by dust.

Derailing this
Someone I love who is physically disabled wants a new laptop.
They can't carry much so I'm looking for the lightest laptop I can make into a hackentosh for their birthday.
I want something new they don't care about system updates and I take care of them anyways.

XPS 13 with Windows 10 Pro
Set updates to 3AM auto mode.

Thank you so much

>tfw have a fully functional hackintosh but can't get used to its shortcuts
It's impossible to learn after all these years using Windows and Linux.

Arch.

It's not a waste if you enjoy your time building and using one. I messed with it once, it was fun to get to work, but that's about it for me.

Gee user, you seem to know so much about business. Do you and your companies also have a trillion dollar value? We should all stop what we're doing and listen to you since you obviously know whats good

>Put off putting things off
profound

Installing gentoo

Posting about it on Jow Forums. There, I named a bigger waste of time.