Shills the new Ryzen chips to oblivion

>Shills the new Ryzen chips to oblivion
>FINALLY Upgrading my 4 year old Gaming Rig!
>Gets a fucking i9 9900k
What the fuck is his problem?

Attached: lin-1024x740.jpg (1024x740, 82K)

What's his name again?

AMD paid him to shill ryzen, but Intel paid him more

His problem is that he is sponsored by intel.

Tips, Linus Tech

Attached: Linus Torvalds.jpg (658x646, 48K)

Sebastian Torvalds, creator of the GNU licence.

ryzen hasn't even been released

He seen through the AMD's game. AMD got a single gen right and now they act all high and mighty.
>Pcie 4 is not for your
>expensive"budget" CPUs
>"premium"
>When you sum up motherboards that even in the budget brackets cost more than Intel's, fast ram, CPU they cost comparably or a bit more than Intel's better CPUs ex 2200g Vs i5s

Can you please reformulate your garbage post?

Do these headphones have a pair of speakers up top or are those 'cat ears' just decoration?

He didn't have to pay for it.

He gets sponsored by Intel heavily and pretty much gets anything he wants from them for free. On Intel's retail employee training program, Linus has actually created several videos for the program to explain features of various Intel processors to help retail employees sell computers with Intel processors.

>patch all the security vulnerabilities
>back to Skylake IPC
>eternal 14nm++++++ quad core
>$1000
Shintel

He explained on wan show, he got the kit sent to him from Gigabyte so he might as well use it.

>expensive "budget" cpu
The 3600 is well priced, are you retarded?

The hardware was literally handed to him for free. Don't pretend like you wouldn't.

>$200 cpu
>$700 motherboard
I'm on to your tricks.

This. With Intel I can get better CPU and motherboard.

Intel pays more.

If you pair a 6 core CPU with X570 motherboard then you are fucking retarded.

8c16t ryzen 7 1700 is 150$

>buys the better overall performer with his money
Surprise?

>>back to Skylake IPC
>implying all the skylake refreshes had higher IPC to begin with
More like back to Sandy Bridge IPC

This.

I'm on Z390 and i9 9900K, it'd be retarded if I went and bought an i3 with same motherboard or a H310 motherboard with an i9.

If I were to get Ryzen 2 with a X590 or the X570, I'd go for nothing lower than 3800X.
3900X to 3950X would be optimal.

Even AMD says not to get x570 if you don't actually need PCIe 4 or a Ryzen 7 or 9. You'd have to actually be retarded to buy x570 for a Ryzen 3 or 5, let alone one of the $700 14 phase VRM boards, just get an x470 or b450 board you mong

Intel fanboys are quickly becoming the new Apple fanboys.
It's not about performance, it's about the status symbol.

Intel "fanboy" here.

Don't give a fuck about brand, performance is what is important.

If AMD manage to get better performance than Intel for my need I'll buy AMD.

Licking Dick Lips

oof, exposed senpai

No, it's as simple as:
>AMD paid him to shill ryzen, but Intel paid him more

KEK, someone should made this official

intel has better performance. amd is just better price/performance

>Even AMD says not to get x570 if you don't actually need PCIe 4 or a Ryzen 7 or 9.
PCI E 4 was basically the whole point of upgrading or buying ZEN2. Nobody cares about 0.15% improvement over the previous gen or other marketing gimmicks that translate into high price.
No PCI E = basically buying Intel, but at this price and point you might just get Intel and and enjoy stable computer thanks to intel's dirty tactics of forcing intel compiler for the past 10 years.

>b-b-but muh something
or
>fuck you fuck you fuck you you're preventing me from getting 100 good AMD shill points

No. Price and functionality. Nobody is dumb enough to buy inferior stuff for the same price as better products.

Linus Takes Tips

Literally retarded

>Gets free 9900k
>Uses it instead of a processor that hasn't been released yet

omg what a shill

x570 is a pretty shit looking platform desu. Active cooling?

Yet it seems worth getting if you're running 8c/12c/16c just for the VRMs and future proofing. CPUs don't really get better very fast anymore.

But what AMD cpu can beat a 9900k?

Theyre king of the budget and poorfag builds but in real work intel is still the best

3600X

>implying the higher IPC wasn't the main reason to upgrade
If you're on a modern Intel platform why would you sidegrade just for PCIe 4 when there aren't even any products that really take advantage of it yet? If your on Zen 1/Zen+ or an older Intel CPU theres more reason to upgrade than just PCIe 4, fuck off and stop pretending to be retarded

The future proofing is the main reason I'm buying an x570 board for the Zen 2 build I'm planning, I don't really care about PCIe 4 but I want to have it and the better VRMs and overclocking for later down the road, then if I decide to just upgrade storage or my GPU I won't have to get a new motherboard to take advantage of all the new capabilities

Wasn't one of the new CPUs "allegedly" supposed to be faster than the i9?

He seems like an asshole irl no wonder he had to settle for some gook bitch

Intel has already given up the workstation market (aside from mobile) and are talking up how they're the best GAMING cpu. They have lower latency chips and their 10c10t comet lake likely will be competitive in gaming at any price.

>, fuck off and stop pretending to be retarded
the only answer shills have been repeating since 2 weeks
>fuck you
>you're an idiot
>good product
no fuck you. you still got a mc job shilling for AMD and you take it too seriously. also anyone can see how the shills are in attack to counter people who realized amd's shit

My point had nothing to do with shilling for AMD, my point was literally that, shockingly enough, theres no reason to buy new hardware unless you have old hardware, and most importantly, actually see a reason to. You need to fuck off and stop being retarded too

You know he doesn't pay for his hardware right?

whats the point of PCIe4?

I have a Radeon VII and fucking AMD is software blocking its ability to operate at 4.0

this is why reviewers aren't to be trusted. they have no skin in the game when they get everything for free and are pampered by marketing managers

Just faster speeds over PCie 3, it has double the bandwidth. Most GPUs don't even saturate PCIe 3 x16 so I wouldn't worry about it too much user. Theoretically anything with HBM2 might be able to fully saturate 16 PCIe 3 lanes since they provide 512 GB/s of bandwidth and HBM2 provides 1 TB/s of bandwidth, though I don't know how any of the games out now would actually be able to saturate the entirety of 512 GB/s of bandwidth, let alone 1 TB/s. Older cards don't have the hardware to operate at 4.0 speeds, but they don't saturate 3.0 as is, so you don't have to worry about anything.

Based and intelpilled.

I'm probably getting an intel one, but don't kid yourself. At the price, intel has nothing to offer the b450 tomahawk. That fucker will deal with overclocked 3700x and the like, let alone the 3600.

Best I can find for any similar price are intel boards with like 5-6 phases.

man this nanometer reduciton meme has gone way too far. it's actually insane what's gonna happen after 5nm. like are people just gonna stop buying shit? kek.

*tips linux*

There are ~$200 x570 motherboards. If that's too much for you, you probably can't pay for anything that requires PCIe 4. A 1TB NVME will cost at least $300, and any graphics card that requires PCIe 4 will cost $1000 or more.
Plus, Intel boards will have the same cost increase.

New CPUs should be able to beat Intel parts in single core even when the Intel parts have a clock advantage of a few hundred MHz. A 3600X may be able to match it, something like the 3800X or 3900X will probably smoke it no matter the application.

>new AMD product matches or beats Intel's products in basically everything, while being cheaper and having more features
>"amd's shit"
Who's the shill here?

>literal intel shill
>expecting him to buy something else
why do you even watch him?
seriously, why does anybody here watch this living billboard?

His videos are scripted weeks, sometimes months in advance but fuck him anyway.

intel sponsors him dummy