Why isn't 21:9 aspect ratio becoming the new aspect ratio standard...

Why isn't 21:9 aspect ratio becoming the new aspect ratio standard? The display industry seem to update their resolution standards so fast nowadays, but as far as aspect ratio is concerned we're still stuck to 16:9.

Attached: sac4czmj9o321.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

>Why isn't 21:9 aspect ratio becoming the new aspect ratio standard?
because it's shit

What would be the point?

I don't know, one could've said the same thing going from 4:3 to 16:9.

But it's not, games look really nice on it if they're properly tuned for it.

Because almost all TV and many films use 16:9.

>ultrawide
>curved

It's terrible to write code until you rotate it 90 degrees. Then, it just hurts the neck.
It's shit.

Cause 32:9 is superiour.

You can watch 16:9 content on a 21:9 display without a loss in size. You can't do the opposite.

Fuck op little shit, he probably asks why windows reboots, and if he should be worried fucking autist

I want but they're as expensive as just getting two monitors, and many people already have one monitor so they could just buy a second 16:9 rather than a 21:9. If i had more moneys i'd go with the 21:9 tho

Laptops exist

You mean those clunky tablets with keyboards?

If anything, displays should get a little narrower. 3:2 or 16:10 are much nicer to work with.

it's shit for work, even 16:9 is horrible

On the flipside, because 21:9 failed as a product, LG has some inexpensive good screens using that aspect ratio.

>look mom i posted it again!

It's great for work it you have tables of contents with a lot of columns or you have to use multiple windows. Using two monitors for that is less comfy.

what do you mean? we're mostly 18.5:9 now

Attached: 1547006471864.jpg (868x488, 47K)

>falling for the bent ultrashite meme

If you need a large monitor that badly just get a 43" 16:9 screen.

>It's terrible to write code until you rotate it 90 degrees.
>everyone who owns a PC writes code
You're a fucking retard holy shit haha.

>everyone who owns a PC plays video games

it's literally called Playing Computer, retard

you almost got us... bad bait

Dunno, it feels pretty good with windows stacked side to side. I often find myself with 3 files open like that, extra 16:9 monitor for browser.

Most people just use their computers to consume media, 21:9 is fantastic for productivity

>21:9 is fantastic for productivity
Pretty much. I hate multi monitors because of bezels and the desktop being separated.

2.35:1 up to 2.40:1 *is* the cinemascope standard, even when it's not shot/projected with real anamorphic lenses.
Why would you want a motion picture standard on a general purpose computer monitor though? Do you use your computer exclusively to watch movies?

>Why isn't 21:9 aspect ratio becoming the new aspect ratio standard?
Here's why:
And here's another issue:
>ultrawide
>curved
I could never understand who in their right mind thought curbed monitors would be a good idea? Curved text, videos, having to look further in either direction to actually see your whole monitor, having enormous black bars on the side... Just, why?

Aren't most of these curved? Curved displays are absolutely full retard. I'm surprised people buy geometric distortion as a high-end 'feature' when this was considered a flaw in the CRT days. It's amazing what marketing can do to retards.

>Why would you want a motion picture standard on a general purpose computer monitor though?
This.
The wider the aspect ratio, the less surface you got for a given diagonal. Even with 16:10 the extra real estate you get is noticeable. With hidpi monitors that can scale video without visible artifacts at no computational penalty, we should be moving to more squared off ratios rather than fucked up superwide ones.

TV makers deemed it not to be

ultra wide is fucking stupid