Tfw 23 and still haven’t done anything with my life (except binge play /v/idya on the comp (but that wasn’t...

>tfw 23 and still haven’t done anything with my life (except binge play /v/idya on the comp (but that wasn’t actually doing anything))

is it too late to program?

Attached: 09F224D5-9AA9-4674-B68D-02EEE4015B5A.png (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rfscVS0vtbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well, Jow Forums?

of course not, just try not to compare yourself with your peers who have been programming every day since 5th grade
that's the secret

It's way too late, you're past your prime and honestly, if I were you, I'd just off my useless ass already.

Kill yourself

Why do you want to program? Do you need moneyz for your vidya or something?

This, 23 is far too late to make any sort of substantial life decisions, if you haven't achieved your dreams by that age there's literally no other option than suicide

What if your dream is suicide?

it's never too late to learn programming.

i started seriously coding at 20 (just did some very minor things before that) and im fine. However the first year will be full of confusion. I recommend you start with C to understand how memory allocation works, and maybe use GDB to decompile small programs and understand how every program ends up being machine code in the end.

Later on if you want to be efficient you can start using frameworks, which will take care of the heavy lifting, while you can focus on the business logic. You could also start with a language like Python because it has brainlet friendly syntax.

>23
>retired from navy after 5yr service
>va loan for 200k on house worth 600k, gov pays for $900 of mortgage for life
>people treat me like a hero
>bitches love my tricare
>5yr service = 5yr college

Join the coast guard and serve 2 years for free gibs

I will vouch for this user. Military is the easiest way to success unless you're too braindead to do anything else than IED patrol.

Military is the easiest way for dumb, poor, or lazy to reach upper middle class.

No OP,
programming is actually pretty easy, and you can easily find a comfy job with it.
Go for it

Attached: 035633ea3c7d2416a4ca02c031fcd984.jpg (535x381, 35K)

Then congratulations, you're in luck!

Write your own OS

I'm 25, had no skills, and I'm about to finish my certificates in electronics and electromechanical tech. 3 EZ semesters.
I just had to learn the basics of circuits, components, KVL, and principles of robotics. I won't ever make as much as a good coder, but it's a stimulating line of work.

Thank you for your service!
Press "S" for salute

Don’t really care for the competition aspect, that doesn’t phase me

Negative nancies

No I just need a productive hobby to keep my mind fresh, having done no work after HS has declined me very much

I’ll consider your suggestion thanks

Naaahh

thanks positive paul

I’m no one man Terry that’s impossible

>"Is it too late?"
>"Yes, it's too late"
>"Pssht, stop being such a negative nancy, I'm gonna try anyway"
Confirmation bias much, OP?

imagine having low testosterone

Attached: too-old.jpg (1845x1800, 341K)

Actually wasting your life away and not doing anything is the sign of lack of testosterone, and is a feminine trait. Being a go-getter from the get go, determined, ambitious and hard working, is a sign of maturity and manliness.

I dropped out computer sci at university at 22 in 2013 and now im 28 in your position. Don't blink because 5 years go by in a flash.

Unironically no. One of my classmates in uni got started around 25 and he's one of the most driven programmers in my section.

>all those ching chong names at 35 and onwards
Wonder if that's related to asian women turning ugly at around that age?

>quarter-life = 25
>mid-life = 35

Attached: 1357450134959.jpg (640x480, 20K)

This is probably going to sound condescending, but it's just because I probably have autism, but I genuinely wonder? How do people justifying dropping out and then not doing anything at that age? It's a completely alien concept for me.

Who the fuck has a mid-life crisis at 35? 40-45 more like it?

all the names past walt disney are cuck loser failures

>Who the fuck has a mid-life crisis at 35?
Those who die at 70.

B-b-but how would you know?? What?

if you have a midlife crisis at 35 that means you'll die at 70
so you should try to put it off as long as possible

Holy shit I had my midlife crisis at 20, that means I have only 10 more years to live

You're welcome pal.

Don't listen to the haters honestly.
90% of people on Jow Forums are bitter retards.

Find a nice Youtube tutorial for example (ex. a Java one), and you'll see by yourself how simple the basic concepts (variables, functions ...) are.

Attached: b5a9708ab657081bbfd1a459295103c1F.jpg (714x714, 44K)

Thx you just ruined my mood.
My life is so shit I guess I should rly jump of a building.

Or this one, even easier with Python : youtube.com/watch?v=rfscVS0vtbw

Attached: 5e9011cf14057f08c7952883cda44000.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

>6,727,352 views
Huh, I did not expect that

There is a 40 year old at my uni studying cs. I also see one granny sometimes in my programming class. So I guess not.

Just because there are some old people in your university classes, doesn't mean that they are going to make it after uni. There are plenty of old boomers that take some classes just for fun after a long career, and some do it because they never got past uni and just stayed forever.

you do realize the qualities required for having founded a business are completely different than those required for high end software development?

Sounds like an excuse to me.
The only requirements are intelligence and the ability to learn.

>validate me pls so I can keep wasting my life away without anxiety
wew lad