Intel 10th Gen CPU @ 3.7Ghz = 9700K @ 5.3Ghz

wccftech.com/intel-10nm-ice-lake-sunny-cove-14nm-comet-lake-amd-ryzen-3000-cpu-z-benchmark-leak/
>During the announcement of their 10nm Sunny Cove architecture at Computex, Intel unveiled that they have achieved an 18% IPC improvement with some workloads showing an IPC improvement of up to 40% over Skylake architecture. Now like AMD’s claim of 15% IPC improvement, there are no independent sources to confirm Intel’s figures of 18% IPC uplift so we have to wait till both chip makers launch their respective products in the market so reviewers can fact check their claims.

>While we wait for these products to launch, a Chinese forum member has posted what seems to be several AMD and Intel chips along with their single-core performance numbers in the CPU-z benchmark. The chips include AMD’s Ryzen 3000 series processors and Intel’s ES chips that will be featured in the 10th Gen Comet Lake and Ice Lake family.

>AMD’s Ryzen 7 2700X delivers a score of 488 points at 4.35 GHz while the Core i9-9900K ends up at 600 points with 5GHz so yeah, AMD did make some good IPC gains with Zen 2. Moving on to the Intel ES chips, we first need to talk about the 10nm Sunny Cove based Ice Lake CPUs. There are two chips listed, the Core i7-1065G7 (4 core / 8 thread) and a very early 6 core, 12 thread part with no codename. The Core i7-1065G7 oper5ates at 3.7 GHz and scores 639 points. For comparison, the Core i7-9700K with an overclocked frequency of 5.3 GHz scores 645 points and the reference Core i9-9900K scores around 600 points.

>The 6 core Sunny Cove part has a lower frequency of 3.6 GHz and scores 630 points which are still as good as a 5.2 GHz Kaby Lake-S and the Ryzen 7 3800X at 4.7 GHz. If (and a big if) these results are true, then after several years of no major IPC gain, Intel might finally have a big architecture win coming in the form of Sunny Cove on 10th Gen processors.

Attached: Intel-Sunny-Cove-10nm-Ice-Lake-ES-CPU-Comet-Lake-CPU-AMD-Ryzen-3000-CPU-Single-Core-Performance-Benc (1601x915, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/289157-tsmc-completes-5nm-node-design-node-in-risk-production
eteknix.com/tsmc-start-new-3nm-fab-taiwan/
reddit.com/r/AMD_Stock/comments/8t6vcq/mike_clark_the_lead_architect_behind_zen/
youtu.be/koepHTdw7ZE?t=70
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

INTEL 10NM SUPERSHITTER 2020

Fake
and
Gay

Ice lake does have a huge IPC improvement. It also seems like they can't clock it as high as the endless skylake variants. Also by the time these chips actually launch on desktop AMD legitimately will probably already have Zen3 out making this all irrelevant.

Chips are gonna sip power and be great for mobile though. Lower clocks and smaller process means lower power consumption.

Imagine getting your tech news from streetshittertech.

Even the fucking Intel reddit concurs this is fake as hell. No fucking way did they achieve a 40-50% IPC increase.

And no, I'm not going back.

AyyMD finished and bankrupt

Attached: 1560240128024.jpg (568x612, 66K)

why would this be impossible?

>shintel
>50% ipc increase
kek lmao sure

Attached: intel security updates.jpg (4800x2700, 1.83M)

Not even the jump from Pentium 4 to Core2 was that huge you retard. Their 10nm is STILL fucking shit.

Every time.

Attached: 1559056252058.jpg (1510x1593, 662K)

>40% IPC increase
Who is retarded enough to believe this? Even their own presentations say 18

why can you not explain why it would be impossible, you retard?

What prevents them from testing a new unpatched CPU vs a patched old one, just to bloat numbers?

Attached: thinking.jpg (321x322, 45K)

I can't help but get hyped about possible big single thread increases on the desktop. If Sunny Cove delivers I'm likely ending up with Intel one more time. A new architecture is usually a good time to upgrade.

>Their 10nm is STILL fucking shit
How would you know?

We've never seen a desktop class 10nm CPU from intel.

You somehow magically KNOW it's shit, despite never having been shown anything.

Intel got Jim Keller, sorry AMD shill, intel is going to be firing back hard when in 2020/21.

Even if Zen 3 is a big improvement, just remember, intel spends more on basic R&D in a quarter than AMD spends in an entire year.

independent reviews would expose them and damage their brand reputation

Fake SOPA MACACO

What motherboard is the 10th gen Intel going to be using, if you happen to know?
I'm in the market for a new PC (100% Intel) and don't have the luxury of waiting but would like to not have to buy a whole new mobo to support 10th gen in a few years.
Is there any way I can build a rig this week with a current CPU that will be supported in the 10th?

>WCtech
There's your answer.

> independent reviews would expose them and damage their brand reputation

Oh, you mean like the 28-core 5 GHz all core chiller incident?

They don't give a single fuck, otherwise they wouldn't continue this migationless clownshow and presentations with pages full of small print to cover their asses.

Unlikely, it's such a massive change from the 14nm we've had the past few years, it will almost 100% require if not a new socket, then a new chipset.

And I would bet on a new socket too.

If you actually want 10th gen, just wait.

Because you need magic node and magic new uarch to pull that off in ONE generation. Bulldozer -> Zen was an exception because of how bad bulldozer really was.

>AMD can do it with Jim Keller
>Intel can't do it with Jim Keller

okay...

Reminder TSMC is ahead of Intel and they're already doing 5nm risk production.

They've kind of stopped doing this type of complete bullshit PR since then. If it was 10 years ago I don't think they'd care but with how much more outreach today's tech journos(especially on youtube) have even to casuals today they can't afford too many oopsies like that. Every stupid thing they do immediately turns into a meme and spreads like wildfire across the internet.

AMD 64 core Rome was expected to compete with Intel icelake 10nm cpus. Even AMD said they didn't expect Intel to shit the bed so badly with their 10nm.

>adoredtv leak tier
It's REAL GUYSSSSSS TRUST ME

Delete this please

Attached: Intel30percent.jpg (700x700, 58K)

Waiting is not an option, will be buying before July 1st.
Guess I just have to bite the bullet.
No chance this will be the same socket/chipset as the X-series? I could stretch to a high tier X series chip if it was going to be supported by 10th gen?

Get 3950X in september, Intel won't have a response to the 16 core speed demon any time soon so they will stay crushed under AMD's boot.

Lmao, good comeback retard, Jim Keller is in charge of all silicon development at intel, if anyone is in a position to fix their uarch, it's him.

and that suddenly means intel can't make a comeback why?

They've got a fuck ton of money, they've got the scientists and engineers to figure this shit out, they just need to buckle down and do it.

Previously they were holding back microarch designed for lower process nodes to ONLY release on those process nodes.

Now intel is switching to releasing whatever the newest micro arch they have on whatever the newest process node they have. This should spur development MUCH faster than previously.

Again, intel spends so much more than anyone else on R&D, if anyone can make a come back in just 2-3 years, it's intel.

X299 has already been around for 2 generations, 7000x series and 9000x series CPUs.

10th gen X series will almost 100% be a new chipset, though may still use the 2066 socket. But eitherway, no motherboard you buy today will support it.

Sorry user Jim Keller can't save their 10nm disaster. They will have to dial it back to like 12nm.

Attached: 1498256245652.jpg (216x250, 30K)

>talking out of his ass because he doesn't like intel

wow, that sure is scientific, i'm glad we have experts like you here to answer the tough questions.

retard

Even Wendell admits intel will likely have an answer to AMD in the next 12-18 months.

And Wendell has been sucking AMD cock for months.

Don't kid yourself, TSMC and Samsung are already ahead of Intel. Their fabs are a shitshow. It's literally over.

Attached: 1558816973358.jpg (960x717, 187K)

18 fucking months. AMD IS DONE. RIP AMD

Lmao, imagine being this much of a brainlet.

Companies with less expertise, less money, and less advanced fabs can do it. But intel can't cause they're intel.

Lol, no one is saying intel hasn't dropped the ball and fucked up lately, but you're out of your fucking mind if you honestly think they have NO way to make a comeback.

christ allmighty, you think AMD is just gonna twiddle their thumbs for the next 12 months?

It's pretty obvious intel are essentially handing 2019 to AMD. AMD are gonna need to milk it for all they can, and hope and pray intel drop the ball again in 2020.

extremetech.com/computing/289157-tsmc-completes-5nm-node-design-node-in-risk-production

eteknix.com/tsmc-start-new-3nm-fab-taiwan/

Why can't Intel make 10nm CPUs?

No, but they have FAR less money to do anything about it. And they lost keller and several others to intel in recent years.

Intel also has their own fabs instead of relying on TSMC/GloFo

AMD is gonna have to work for it if they want to actually stay ahead of intel.

How can i possibly make the clearer that AMD isn't an option
fuck me AMDfags are insufferable how can you possibly be so blindly infatuated with a company get a grip you ultra giga fag
there are reasons for both and my usage favours Intel it is that simple
Thanks.

Because intel feature size is smaller even if they don't use a meme name like 7nm or 5nm.

they've lost their process advantage
that's not something a company just comes back from

Where's Intel 10nm though?

>that's not something a company just comes back from
How the fuck do you think they lost the advantage?

If a less company can somehow magically take the process advantage, that means intel can 100% take it back. They've got the funding to outspend every other player out there.

>these are the sorts of people that post on Jow Forums

take your you and get the fuck out

Intel is shit. Just because you prefer shit doesn't mean it isn't shit, you retarded fanboy.

>KELLERKELLERKELLERKELLER
mike clark designed Zen
keller is memed to death on this board
Zen3 is not just going to be a simple node improvement
there's talk of on-package RAM and active interposers

>they lost the advantage but have ZERO chance of taking it back

what's it like in fantasy land?

>mike clark
Yeah he also designed bulldozer

GREAT CPU that one.

other companies didn't take the advantage
Intel bit off way more than they could chew, and suffered massive delays as a result
how are you not getting this

But where's 10nm?

>intel shill having a meltdown
kek

That was Mike Butler you retarded faggot.

Again, how the fuck are you not getting that intel is in a perfect position to break through and get shit done?

>AMD makes amazing comeback after faildozer
>intel can't possibly ever comeback, they're literally going to go bankrupt

just kill yourself you biased prick, if AMD can do it, why the fuck can't intel who has a FUCK ton more funding and their own Fabs?

reddit.com/r/AMD_Stock/comments/8t6vcq/mike_clark_the_lead_architect_behind_zen/

you're wrong

not zero chance, but the companies that couldn't keep improving their processes enough have now all gone fabless
where do you think the knowledge and know-how even comes from to improve?

>youtu.be/koepHTdw7ZE?t=70
>mike butler, chief architect bulldozer core

What now, retarded faggot?

im not a fucking fanboy you deluded faggot i use intel because it is better FOR MY PURPOSES just like there are a large amount of purposes where AMD ALSO EXCELS
HORSES FOR COURSES
its not one size fits all
it depends on the program you use some are optimised for intel some are equally prosperous for both and some work better with AMD, very few are purposely optimised for AMD though.

pathetic insufferable, low IQ worm

intel still has the money to fund their own fabs, just because they have been bumbling 10nm doesn't mean anything about future development.

>mike butle chief architect bulldozer core
????

>intel piece of shit retarded kike vermin calls anyone insufferable low IQ

Have fun installing endless secutity patches for your retarded piece of shit diseased CPU from the retarded piece of shit of a company with pozzed housefire abortions.

bulldozer bet on the wrong horse AND had to put up with GoSlo's less than stellar capabilities
what would make a person think Intel can just race back to the front, when it takes ages to learn from a process
and what do you think happens when that process has stalled for 4 years?

i dont even have the internet on my work machine you waste of space
you dont have even the most basic grasp of real world uses for machines outside of gaming like a fucking child

If Mike butler gets credit for faildozer, then Keller gets credit for Zen.

Mike butler was Chief architect of faildozer, Jim Keller was chief architect of Zen.

Mike clark was a senior architect on both Faildozer and Zen, not the chief architect.

jesus you AMD shills are fucking retarded and insufferable.

All Intel shills should get the bullet and Holocaust never happened but it should have.

Attached: 1528575394592.jpg (948x747, 74K)

>this entire post
Absolutely pathetic

We can only hope you get another 3 day global ban

WEEEEEEEEEWOOOOOOOOOO WRONGTHINK WRONGTHINK

NAZIS BAD JEWS GOOD

Attached: 1560641175899.png (1662x816, 225K)

>he uses Intel because its better for his purposes
>buy AMD even though its not in your best interests
every. single. time.

even when you tell them that AMD is better in most scenarios in 2019, they have an autistic seizure at the slight hint that Intel has its advantages.
its like a cult, a cult of penny saving neck beards

CPU-Z is not a very comprehensive benchmark, and with new architectures it can be completely unrepresentative. Remember when Ryzen was benching 50x faster than Intel?

Cool, now what should I do with this image? Do you think that guy was me or something?

?

Even if it aint you, he was banned for the same shit.

Anti-semtic and racist ranting about intel posters.

>its better for his purposes
Purposes like uhhhhhhhhhhh what, making more kiketel propaganda slides?

OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY VEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

for music production now suck my balls you waste of oxygen
the chiplet architecture of AMD is an issue with serial processes
every other usage i would buy AMD every single time. but for my usage, Intel is the obvious option.
fuck me you're a dildo

>for music production
larp

>if it's not gaming or shitposting it's larp

my headphones probably cost more than every thing in your vision right now

Attached: 4.jpg (2048x1365, 199K)

just very convenient that some emotionally involved low-info retard tries to save face on an anonymous imageboard by giving the one example people would buy intel for

Oh no, is this reverse of Pentium 5?
Now they will introduce VLIW CPU and nobody will give 2 shits about it because memory management is hard.

Does this include all publicly available security patches?

the vsts on this screen cost more than your pc

these are my posts i am not low info but you are a low IQ drone

>someone who claims they need intel because it's better for their use-case
>posts THE primary use-case intel is better for

I mean...that's sorta a catch-22 aint it? Either he gives a use-case that isn't audio production and ye yell at him to buy AMD, or he says audio production and ye say he's larping.

Get fucked retard, AMD shills are fucking disgusting and you honestly make me not want to buy AMD even if it WERE the better choice.

How is it worse? Provide some example.

Shush goy

You realize you're quoting the person defending you right?

Quote this guy if you want to quote the person you're actually yelling at

my sound card costs more than your gpu you manchild

Attached: i dont use onboard audio i already talked about ASIO you retard.jpg (2048x1536, 284K)

Again, i'm still the guy defending you, retard.

lmao

There is nothing about audio creation that depends on Intel you retard.

lmao confirmed retard.

Ryzen 3000 might change this, but as of right now, this is 100% inaccurate, mainly due to latency, and AVX2.