Has OpenBSD produced any good software other than openssh?

Has OpenBSD produced any good software other than openssh?

Attached: 1560366864409.png (800x689, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org/innovations.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
man.openbsd.org/unveil
man.openbsd.org/pledge.2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OpenBSD made OpenBSD. It's pretty good.

libressl
of course you're still probably using openssl like a fucking troglodyte

>openssh
>good software
point me towards a stable ssh lib and I will agree.

openntpd is good.

I'm serious, I need it really bad ;-;

why do you need an ssh library user

how do you use it on linux? how come no linux distro picked it up, apparently?

void linux uses it by default
personally i just manually compile my web server to use libressl

tmux, although it's workaround for poor software culture
their netcat is default on linux systems
acme-client
signify got some popularity, but if you try to use it you'll see that those flags are horribly unintuitive and inconsistent, plus is uses unreasonably small key size
carp is ok

Linux is a kernel.

Yes.
openbsd.org/innovations.html

You can use it in Gentoo and Void Linux.

linux is a kernel and an OS. just like your mom is also a whore, but that doesn't stop her from being your mom.

netcat

The Linux kernel is part of the Linux operating system, kind of like New York city is part of New York state.

That's the common error, yes. Actually Linux is just a kernel.

as usual with anything, there is the technical definition, and the colloquial definition. colloquially, people call the OS "linux", while technically being the kernel only.
why do I even have to explain this...

No matter how many people believe it, it doesn't make it true. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

>how does language work - the post

Unveil and Pledge

man.openbsd.org/unveil
man.openbsd.org/pledge.2

>there is only one truth
>there is only one reality
ok m8, I understand you, I suffer it too: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

There is only one truth. If you don't believe me, try jumping from a high building, retard.

Your inept shilling against OpenBSD is one of the things which made me try it. Now it's my main OS.

Thanks! Too much shilling is really working against you butt fucking faggot kikes. It makes it extremely easy to sense what's threatening you. The shilling against OpenBSD is Internet-wide and all seems to follow the same script. It seems to be so pervasive that I have no doubt it's a state-level effort, probably some large country is threatened by people having access to a secure OS which isn't made by large defense contractors.

>If you don't believe me, try jumping from a high building, retard.
interesting suggestion for a sunday adventure! I'll go get my parachute and do it.
btw, one characteristic of being a retard is the lack of understanding. you seem to show that as a symptom...

>tmux, although it's workaround for poor software culture
I love you. Finally someone who gets it.

The "colloquial definition" is meaningless in the technical world.

Yay! You are now supporting a project whose goal is to kill copyleft! You really showed them, silly kikes!

ur so smart

OpenSMTP and sndiod

Also I like their fork of public domain ksh

new york is a state?

LibreSSL and much more

Attached: ju79wa01t9mz.png.png (1024x638, 224K)

Theo De Raadt also builds a hardware intranet infrastructure in his home Alberta Canada, that is expanding across provinces now, connecting business clients with a new, isolated, long range network alternative to the public internet.
>sudo is maintained by OpenBSD devs now.
Neat.

Good. Better than supporting one who's goal is to promote feminism and ban "uncomfortable speech".
You know, just some slightly more important things than sharing your shitty software with pajeets with the hopes they will contribute to it.

>racist incel thinks his right to say "nigger" comes before software freedom
BSD in a nutshell.

I'd call you a retard, but your lies are too dangerous to be funny at all, so I ask you not to reproduce, please.

Yes, there literally is One Truth. I shit on your postmodernism.

>sudo is maintained by OpenBSD devs now.
Since systemd wants to eat su that's an extremely good thing.

systemd doesnt eat other software
other software still exists and you're free to use it or not
stupid meme brainlet

>you calling anyone "stupid meme brainlet" after writing the first two lines of that post
If irony could fuel rockets your post could take us to Sirius in 7 minutes flat.

libressl
httpd
openbsd-pdksh
opensmtpd
sndio
tmux
doas
openntpd

>like a fucking troglodyte

Using a lib that supports TLS 1.3 "like a fucking troglodyte"

>tmux, although it's workaround for poor software culture
Can you explain what this means? I don't use tmux yet but I'm interested in it

Attached: 445817c54f3b12ad3b10549d2e944de7adbcafb8798d5ff697bec0336f628ce6.png (307x462, 11K)

>their netcat is default on linux systems
who?
> nc --help
GNU netcat 0.7.1, a rewrite of the famous networking tool.
Basic usages:

postmodernism gets shat on needlessly when it is a more conservative ideology than 'modernism'.

it would be wrong to say that there are "multiple" truths, but it is also wrong to say that there is One Truth.
it would only be accurate to say that there is NO truth.
maps are not territory, and symbols are not the things they represent.
truth is necessarily a representation, necessarily a simplification, necessarily incomplete, and necessarily wrong.

the epistemology of postmodernism is not a departure from the hard-nosed materialist verificationism of Poppler or Comte.

Barthleme, an author typically considered "postmodern", relentlessly mocked of the intellectual flabbiness that is wrongly associated with postmodernism in his "Teachings of Don B."

Aesthetically, modernism is the glass brick, the concrete prison industrial museum, the featureless, corporate and nanny state worshiping Babbitt, not the collage, not the mishmash of diverse ideologies, not edgy humor or whimsy of the anti-globalist, anti-corporate "far left" or "far right".