What the hell is the point of this thing?

What the hell is the point of this thing?

Attached: MPM_0258-2.jpg (1300x918, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kHBcVlqpvZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c
youtube.com/watch?v=Anv2kcIbKwY
youtube.com/watch?v=OnWolLQSZic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wasting tax dollars

It’s an all terrain quadruped with a gripping arm that can navigate indoors. It has plenty of use cases. Invoke your imagination, user.

depleting cobalt and other "rare" metals.

It can open doors and walk through them.

In the abstract, it’s a testbed for advanced robotics that may eventually find commercial uses.

It’s also just cool.

Most funding for these things is basically to create better killing machines for military services.

I don't think that trend can be stopped as such, but we need to start reserving very prominent execution spots for the people who ever run these with the wrong settings.

future wars are gonna be like a scaled up battlebots, aren't they?

JUST TO SUFFER

Its pretty logical to think so

Killing Chinese people in WWIII dummy. WWIII is going to be so amazing. I hope I live to tell about it.

Murdering dissidents on livestream for sport.

Research and learning

Based
brainstorming how to kill people better is how most advancements are made

handjobs

How long before they put two arms on it, because one arm isnt enough, and then stun guns and shit on it also, then they have to put armor on it and have to scale it up and think fuck it and it turns into this.

Attached: spider tank.jpg (800x533, 179K)

to jerk ceos off

Busting moves, and later, busting heads.
youtube.com/watch?v=kHBcVlqpvZ8

Attached: braid dance.gif (199x355, 1.17M)

Good optics for getting more research bucks.

If only we had another way to get doors open automatically, something like an "automatic door" maybe?

youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c
The already have a model with wheeled legs, they are going to be used for picking up boxes first.

first they pick up boxes, then they pick up the corpses of the protesters whom used to pick up the boxes the machines pick up.

>If only we had another way to get doors open automatically, something like an "automatic door" maybe?
I would think a robot that can open doors would be cheaper than making every door in the world open itself.

lol, how much do you think robots like that cost? You'd need to have an absolute fuckton of doors you need to automate before it would remotely become a reasonable price

They plan to make it modular and allow clients to custom fit parts. So yes that's possible.

What if you work in a factory that has a thousand doors that each cost 200 dollars to automate, or instead you buy a robot for 100k that walks around with you and opens the doors for you.

the robot is half the price.

The perfect sex toy when you attach a fleshlight to it.

Lmao nigga what fuckin factory has a thousand doors

What if you need to use more than one of your 1000 doors at a time

Attached: UEwzwB-90sxfOxpN5kjf3qmfSLS6o-sat995maKZS5Q(2).png (929x768, 152K)

I sure hope so, it’d be a lot more entertaining.

fuck robot

Shit i replied to the wrong comment, but as the other user said too, sometimes problems are solved in a different way.

Even if a door costs as little as 50 dollars to automate, a robot that only costs 4500 dollars that can open the doors might start to look like a real option as its cheaper than the refit. Its all about scale.

Sure a box picking robot might not yet have the motor skills to outcompete a person and might not for decades, but once they get to efficiency level around half of a person the advantage of a robot being able to work 24 hours a day becomes a factor.

>Person 100 boxes an hour, 12 hour total shift, 1hr break, 12hours downtime in 24 hours
1100 boxes a day

>Robot 50.1 boxes an hour, 11hour shift, 1hr recharge, no downtime in 24 hours.
1102boxes a day

If the robot which is technically only half as good as a person has an operating cost lower than the person per year, the person is fucked. The mistake the automation is a myth people are making is thinking the robots have to reach parity with human mobily and technical proficiency, they dont, they reach close to half and the costs become similar to average wages and its a big deal.

then it might be cheaper to automate the doors, the question is if you dont, it might be cheaper to buy a door opening robot assistant that opens the doors

a door factory

BD controls engineer here

Warehouse handle and spot mini are research platforms. We make stuff for others to develop use cases for them. Handle for sure isn't the best robot to automate palletizing (some sort of automated Cartesian system would be much cheaper), but we wanted to show how adaptive our platforms can be. The key, and our focus as a company, is in robust control (i.e resistance to disturbances).

Attached: 1528933850281.gif (200x200, 1.89M)

You mount a fleshlight on its head and bow you have a quadripedal blowjob machine

To scour the rubble for citizens rebelling against the government after they blow up your resistance building.

these things remind me of the hunters from half life 2

> Bad Dragon controls engineer here
Dude you make some nice things which complement my programming socks UwU

Can you post pics of the Mil versions that have gimballed machine guns and ceramic armor plating? Pretty please?

Attached: 1542070189021.png (850x464, 678K)

simbly ebic

youtube.com/watch?v=Anv2kcIbKwY

Don't let your boss know you post on this far right extremist website user. Also, your company does cool stuff

A stationary door opening machine to test the doors on a conveyor belt would still probably be better and definitely cheaper

At 4500 I can definitely see it being great, but it's gotta be hundreds of thousands ATM

The dude that works there should just bring in some of his own guns and duct tape them on there

you're moving too fast.
1: a robot designed for problem solving (opening doors) is NOT the same as production automation.
2: production automation is absolutely a reality- it already is. your stupid fucking greentext example is already in progress. and guess what? you're still fucking wrong. automation VASTLY out perform human labor.
3: BACK to the fucking subject-- automation (which works) would be making every door automatic. a fucking ROBOT (which doesn't work) would be adding one fucking retard driven problem solver to the mix. use some common sense you brainlet; why dont we have a child next to every door to open it for you? then use your brain again for some common sense: what happens when there's more than one human fucking being passing through a closed door? what the fuck will this robot do?
4: just because you're so much of a brainlet: as amazing is automation is you present it ENTIRELY wrong. depreciation and rest times are a thing. automation is better than human labor, undoubtedly, but the flaws of a physical universe in motion still apply to these machines the same as they would to human labor. go back to fucking school already, fuck.

I don't think so, more like extremely precise misiles and flying drones.

>far right extremist
ow the larp

so a scaled up battlebots, gotcha

checked

HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAH LE BASED ROBOTS COME TAKE MY JOB AND FUCK MY WIFE

>Carpet the world or just wear shoes

Quad 4s, luck and harmony have surely blessed this post

So that officers don't have to risk their lives busting down doors of retarded rednecks who think gun ownership is their "right".

Attached: Doorknob.webm (640x360, 578K)

Nobody should be breaking down any fucking doors like Rambo in the first place unless it's a hostage situation, or they're in the military.

Attached: 1464704291086.jpg (537x960, 101K)

They could swap the arm for a machine gun.

So when bubba comes to assrape you, you want to be limited to the "right to run away" or the "right to capitulate"?

When guns finally become illegal, the rednecks who still own them wont go and give them up themselves. Someone/something needs to do it, otherwise it's just leaving the possibility of another shooter out in the open and defeats the entire purpose of amending the 2nd.

to crush your testicles

I have more chance of being shot up by some far right white incel than "bubba" trying that shit. Also that's what the police is their for.

>bubba

You fucking racist piece of dogshit

First point: no you don't, check mass murder vs rape statistics
Second point: do you keep a cop in your pocket at all times?

Metal Gear?!

Yeah ok, maybe men need to learn not to rape then? Maybe there is still something wrong with kir culture?
Also the cops seem to be there with 5 or more patrol cars everytime a black boy sneezes so I'm sure I'm fine in that regard.

5/10 made me reply

I want my own tachikoma

Based

will these replace many jobs?

>assuming race
>calls others racist
he never said bubba was white, he could be black

i think you mean tachikoma

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (900x637, 122K)

Can't think of ANYTHING, personally...

Attached: PicsArt_04-18-01.19.01.jpg (1224x1080, 132K)

To open doors.

Meet the weapon to surpass metal gear

Attached: robot-killer.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Gits sac was so comfy to watch.

Attached: 1535703558590.png (500x422, 261K)

Shit was incredible math tbqh

look at this angry dickhead

They are mostly a systematic way to invade cities.
They are mostly connected to a grid computer where it sends data about it's surroundings to a centralized source and the source tells it what to do by telling a node to send data to certain robots.

That won't be needed.

Attached: future.png (1177x480, 787K)

vaguest gay shit ever posted, are you okay?

vague and gay

To collect your taxes in a near future, citizen.

Kill yourself kike.

Do you even know what that means?
I said it is a tool to be controlled and connected to a grid computer so a mother computer can directly control the machines and help them invade a building or city and capture marked targets.
So robots are connected to a node. A group of robots are connected to each node. A Mother computer controls each node and can mode robots between the nodes. Mother computer tells each node what it wants the robots to do.
Lets say there is node 1 and node 2.
Mother computer wants to hunt down this one guy.
Mother computer tells node 1 to hunt the man down. Then node 2 is told to protect civilians.
Every robot connected to node 1 hunts the man down and every robot connected to node 2 protects civilians.
Is that good enough now?

Image to show what I mean.
Replace computes with the robots.

Attached: grid-computing-ppt-5-638.jpg (638x479, 107K)

The pet support animal for the whole family. The days of walking your dogs are over. Let Phido walk your pets, deploy food, and open doors.

replace niggers

can it handle a fleshlight?

SEAQUEST WAS RIGHT!

Here is one for this situation.
I made it as shitty as possible.

Attached: shitexplainationmadein2minutes.png (1000x1000, 101K)

Get a bunch of them and you have yourself an alternative form of transportation.

youtube.com/watch?v=OnWolLQSZic

Attached: a192e30590e7dfec6216649348c81fc5.jpg (1280x464, 386K)

but will they be ready for christmas?

Where's all the commercial sexbots? It's been almost 10 years.

Attached: hrp-4ce.jpg (575x250, 25K)

for bullying

Attached: bulli.webm (580x600, 2.39M)

I'd say we still need 40 years, BD already has functional humanlike bodies, but they are still way too big.

i wanna be that robot

would you consider a tether plug for power? That's likely the biggest leap.

>still way too big
That's a feature.

Also for a sex bot all the servos will have to be replaced by artificial muscle, haven't seen any advance on that.

>work at user's factory
>6pm, time to go home!
>not allowed to manually open door because of OSHA regulations
>call the door opening robot for help
>wait time: 2 hours 35 minutes
>shorter than normal!
>5 minutes to go and the robot breaks
>repair guys can't get in because door opening robot can't let them in
>guess I'm stuck here overnight again
>happens so often it no longer makes me cry

Give them battle-axes and make them fight.

>*pulled away from door*
>NOOOO MY SOLE PURPOSEEEE

Glad somebody gets it