This is the logical upgrade to Arch if you value your time

Attached: openbob.png (300x289, 47K)

maybe you tell us why you fucking retarded chameleon

They should rename the distro to a more hip name like Skullfucker. Anyway, why are people shilling OpenSUSE KDE here? What's so good about the implementation that Kubuntu, Neon and Fedora can't deliver?

You mean Fedora?

rolling release

>best kde implementation, has neat patches for kdialog on applications that use gtk filepicker by default, adds start menu entries for running krusader, dolphin and others in root and a few others
>yast
>btrfs
>snapper
>zypp/zypper
>most stable rolling release distro, cutting edge not bleeding
>fuckhuge repos that probably have all the software you need, if you enable packman repos (opensuse's equivalent of fedora's rpmfusion)
>rpm
>pretty secure, but this results in some rather marginal speed loss but really nothing to care about since this is pretty much the same as similar distros like fedora anyway
>the best installer of any linux distro, period. it's fucking awesome
>probably other things I forgot to name

Yeah but that's not it. They're saying the way they package and modify (defaults?) the distro is the best around. Only thing I heard is that they force Qt apps to run on XWayland not sure it's true

zypper fucking kept freezing my computer

Real rolling release distros are shit. Install Ubuntu with Snaps or Flatpaks for the applications you want. A stable base with the latest applications is the best of both worlds.

can you use ext4 instead and still move between package snapshots, in case something breaks, without any effort?

>Real rolling release distros are shit.
Why? Right now on Ubuntu 19.04 I have to compile so many things from source it's not funny. Either they are ancient or they aren't available even in insecure random PPAs. Podman, newer json-c, etc, and I snap is retarded, I'd rather use flatpak.

snapper is only available for ext4 experimentally as it was originally designed to interface with a feature of btrfs, but you can still use ext4 on your opensuse install in any case (wouldn't try using snapper with it unless I wanna be a guineapig though)

iirc he can btrfs / and ext4 /home

Werks on my machine.
OpenSUSE Tumbleweed is pretty good and is more reliable than Ubuntu.

After tumbleweed broke after a simple 3 month update, I just gave up and used ubuntu instead.

Better /home in NTFS and / in BtrFS.

What the fuck have you done to it? I managed to change Tumbleweed to Leap and back without any problems.
You are supposed to use zypper dup for updates you fuck. Remove that package-kit garbage

ebin

>systemd

Attached: 42a.jpg (650x429, 60K)

Actually this makes a lot of sense, if you dualboot.

based low iq baiter keeps bumping the thread

Any side effects to this? Wouldn't it fuck with timekeeping (ie last modified time etc)?

It was a joke, but I will test it.

It's 2019 nothing should be using NTFS or Windows shit, it's beyond legacy. Ignore the trolls.

openPEEPEE was one of the first distros that worked with my 2400G so I will give them that

No idea, I just updated with zypper, rebooted, and the desktop broke.

Not to mention it really loves to store snapshots of every single thing you fucking install which adds up pretty quickly.

>Not to mention it really loves to store snapshots of every single thing you fucking install which adds up pretty quickly.
It is a good thing.
>No idea, I just updated with zypper, rebooted, and the desktop broke.
Which DE?

It only has experimental support and you need a supported kernel plus other shit.

In a major point release upgrade, the system level config files mostly overwrite the old configs to ensure the upgrade will almost definitely be what the maintainers planned. In a rolling release, system level config files are rarely overwritten which eventually can lead to something breaking when the config is old enough to be decrepitated.

>more reliable
Ubuntu upgrades should just werk if you wait for the first point release. That's when people would normally get a notification for upgrading anyway. OpenSUSE, in my experience, would break unless you upgrade and reboot often enough. Plus, Btrfs is still unreliable in the "stable" configuration if you check the OpenSUSE but tracker. This includes both the system freezing when snapshots are taken, as the other user said when he runs zypper, plus unrecoverable data loss.

suse is rolling release

>It only has experimental support and you need a supported kernel plus other shit.
I don't like the idea of using btrfs either but if I can still use ext4 I don't mind losing snapshot functionality. If it's just a matter of formating as ext4 in the installer and be done with it.

>the system level config files mostly overwrite the old configs to ensure the upgrade will almost definitely be what the maintainers planned
You mean if people edit files from /usr /etc etc? I never do that. User config is easy to fix in case something breaks

If you cared about your time you wouldn't be on Jow Forums

>Ubuntu upgrades should just werk if you wait for the first point release.
Every time I updated Ubuntu in the past, I ended up with funny issues.
>That's when people would normally get a notification for upgrading anyway.
Yes. Every time I clicked yes, I got different issues after reboot. I don't know why. No extra repos or anything.
>OpenSUSE, in my experience, would break unless you upgrade and reboot often enough.
I rarely update, never had issues after waiting couple-four months.
>Plus, Btrfs is still unreliable in the "stable" configuration if you check the OpenSUSE but tracker. This includes both the system freezing when snapshots are taken, as the other user said when he runs zypper, plus unrecoverable data loss.
You can install on ext4 if you're afraid of btrfs.

By the way, system freezing is caused due to Intel chipset being shit, and it can be fixed by running sudo btrfs quota disable /

Do you need to use community repos to fix codecs and font rendering like fedora? I don't like that. Ubuntu works out of the box with rgb slight and plays everything

some software supports is pretty shit otherwise it's alright