What's wrong with Dual-booting?

Is it not better to have options available?

Attached: computer-aidans-horne-linux-mirir-toshiba-menu-how-exactly-is-2560215.png (500x588, 75K)

virtual machines exist.

If you have actual work to do just install Debian or Fedora and be done with it. I don’t have time to take weeks and find all “anti-tracking” scripts on github, reboot 100 times for updates, or be forced to do anything that the OS wants. If you want a tool that will work, install a GNU/Linux distro and be done with it.

I dont wanna waste my RAM

>Use windows for doing things for which privacy doesn't matter and Lunix for all other things.
>Updates are a pain in the ass though
>But muh games...

>RAM is an expendable resource now

unused cycles = wasted cycles
unused RAM = wasted RAM

by not using it, you are wasting it.

I do have a small partition with Windows in case I feel like playing a game that doesn't work on linux. But I don't really boot into it these days.

Thing with VMs is that there are a lot of issues when using new software.
Although VMs can help when there are more hardware compatibility issues.
But I cant fully use my sytem resources on VMs as most of them are either bloated or need doing lots of work from scratch

>take weeks and find all “anti-tracking” scripts on github
>reboot 100 times for updates
>be forced to do anything that the OS wants.
anecdotal exaggerated claims only show how lazy or ignorant of the subject you really are.

user gets it
THE URGES once in a while ...

is this a troll post, or are you having a stroke?

The urges to boot into Windows are getting weaker and weaker. Right now I'm playing a Japanese console port on linux just fine, gamepad and all with zero manual tweaks.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-16 20-15-08.png (812x455, 291K)

Name a perfectly functional VM

I've personally used VMWare, but there's also virtualbox
as far as I know, there's no such thing as 'perfectly' functional, in any regards to emulation.

>Be me
>Have nvidia GPU
>Doesnt support for shit in linux
>Cant use nvidia drivers, nouveau is no good
>Have problems disabling dGPU(nvidia) but finds a way through
>Dual boot to use use dGPU in windows

When was the last time you've tried? Only 2 or 3 years ago setting up proprietary nvidia drivers was indeed hard and prone to failure, but today ubuntu flavors just do it automatically on every installation.
I'm on gtx 750ti. The first time Jow Forums told me to install linux years ago, trying to get nvidia drivers made the entire OS shit itself and only show a black screen. Nowadays it just works.

>How about 1050Ti?
I tried nvdia package from arch.Didn't work.
Fixing a problem was too difficult for me in other distros.Arch documentation made it easy for arch in my case.
>Would it work on ubuntu?

>Would it work on ubuntu?
Well, the problem is you never know, there's too many cases to consider. You could just shrink your windows partition by 20-30GB and try one of the 19.04 buntus, assuming you know how to fix the windows bootloader if you change your mind later.

>adding the (Not Real) at the bottom
I can smell the plebbit from here. And faggot OP, you could have cropped that faggotry out before posting. Also dilate

Optimus/graphics switching is garbage on Linsux and you know it.

if you want to dual boot, do it on different drives

i heard that windows can fuck your linux install but that's it

>(Not real)
What the fuck is this anticomedy

Question : with today's motherboards, how easy and fast is it to select the drive you want to boot (Linux on one drive and Windows on another one) ?

on a scale, 1

Simple solution, don't buy nvidia.

Nothing wrong with dual booting. I use Gentoo for my software dev environment and Windows 10 for playing games and running normie software.

Thanks, and on a stool ?

tree fiddy

You're still Microsoft's bitch.

linux is a kernel, you probably mean gnu