How to ask for recommendations:
>Budget
>Source
>Type of headphone
>Open or closed
>Comfort level
>Sound signature
>Past headphones

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 74523a07.jpg (450x299, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for SUMMIT FIDELITY

Attached: 7B387AFC-1E8E-4F29-B556-5528DA9DAAEA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.43M)

How much money do I get if I shill stax?

You?

Attached: AF7DB1CB-2331-464B-A3B6-A93C9E8DAE78.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

I amazed of how they sound

Attached: es10.jpg (1500x1052, 71K)

What’s listening with this afternoon, user?

Attached: 6101B53C-404F-430A-9B19-E4836CBAC75D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.11M)

if you shill stax long enough you end up convincing yourself that they're worth it and thus go down a few thousand for the purchase
it happened to me

Should I buy the big daddy? I really considered to buy them long time ago.

Attached: audio_technica_ath_a2000z_art_monitor_closed_back_1242004.jpg (2500x2500, 293K)

Me? Enjoying my SR-007 as a matter of fact.

Attached: 6A5CBF0C-5500-4DCD-8B0B-C43815C0437C.jpg (2719x2431, 1.6M)

Buy Stax

MIGU U DUMB POOPOO FACE >:(

Hi guys, I am trying to get my father a nice gift. I don't know much about audio in general so I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I am looking for something wireless that is also comfortable, below €100 if possible. My dad isn't a big audio person either so he won't know much about the quality. The main thing would be that it should be comfortable. I would appreciate your help

Why cant audiotechnica into wireless headphones? All of their bluetooth headphones have awful reviews complaining about connectivity drops. Worst part is none of them even use the 3d wing arms, which I find to be the most unique part of their brand. It's very high tech looking and the most comfortable headband solution I've ever tried

Don't forget, Audio-Technica are also the official headphones of Christina.
To my ears, those are the best sounding headphones up to that price point, including open. I think they're an absolute steal for their price, minus the attached cable that you have to mod. Just bear in mind that they're quite bright/thin and definitely no bass kings. The wing system is also pretty divisive.
There's also the new ap2000ti, but their price/performance is much worse.

Attached: Screenshot_20190616-212446.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Buy Stax instead

>There's also the new ap2000ti
Let me guess, it's the bassy one

>>$400
>>PC/Phone/Possible console interaction
>>Over ear
>>Open/closed
>>Long periods with glasses so plush pads are a must
>>Gaming but bass oriented
>>Superlux 671 (old set) and ATHAD700X with Fiio E10K (current)

Also looking for advice on AMP/DAC for future upgrades.

What would be the best upgrade from the KSC-75s under $200? Comfort is a priority for me as I have quite a large head. I liked the sound of the KSC-75s, but the (lack of) bass response caused some heavy and low songs to distort badly.

Stax

Thanks here's your (You)

I bought some beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO's in January. Up until a week ago they were fine, but now they seem "unbalanced", the left and right earphones seem different in volume or bass or both, it's hard to tell.
Has anyone had this problem, and were you able to fix it?
Is there anyway to diagnose the problem better, maybe some sort of application?

What are some good chink iem's ? My xiaomeme hybrids seem to be dying which is sad

what anime is that?

audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php

stax.

Attached: cutie.jpg (600x600, 33K)

good job user

Audio-technicas confirmed to be the top tier waifu's choice for headphones.

Attached: 60285126_387870271816912_8501557681648405146_n.jpg (640x640, 62K)

I tried STAX, specifically the L700, can't remember what amp was used but one of the larger STAX solid state ones. They do sound ethereal and that's really the problem, they sound so clean and clinical that it doesn't sound natural and enjoyable. I had been familiar with popular dynamic models such as HD650 and HD800S, and if you ask me, I'd enjoy those headphones more despite them being considered an inferior solution, they just sound more real and natural, closer to what speakers in a decent room sound like. Just sharing my opinions ;^)

I have the KSC-75 also. I've been searching for an upgrade and I finally settled on the Sennheiser 58x Jubilee. Should arrive soon. Wondering if I made the right choice.

Hearing electrostats was the first time I felt like any audiophile vetted heaphones were worth it. Even summit-fi setups like the LCD-4 and HD800s on a $5k amp just sounded like marginal variations to the same base "headphone" sound.

If comparing them, I would say that they're the only natural sounding tech out of the three. Dynamics are decent but tend to be inherently aggressive, whether in signature or texture. Planars just sound completely artificial imo. Both seem to excrete sound by comparison.

With electrostats, the sound is just...there. It's both quick and clean while giving your ears space to breathe. Really hard to qualify other than saying it sounds natural.

Obviously opinions vary, with some people thinking they sound thin, boring, don't have enough punch, etc., and it's definitely worth trying out before diving in. But they sound incredible to me

It is but don't expect fat bass.

Is there a big enough difference between the ATH-M50x and the ATH-M40x to justify the $50 difference?

Attached: ATH-M40x-M50x_v2.jpg (600x600, 31K)

The fact that the drivers use static charge to vibrate a piece of electrically conductive sheet makes them extremely resolving, clear. They don't have the problem other transducers typically have with moving their heavy and stiff masses around.

They sound very clean, too clean in fact, that it sort of invokes an uncanney valley like response to some people. To me however, and others too, it is heaven. It is the pinnacle of audio reproduction. Like having a microphone surgically wired into your brain. Just that good.

Now speakers of course are a different story, but we're in /hpg/ so.

Uglier and shitter than Bose.
Poo into the loo.

Attached: 9A78C361-5703-40A9-BD9C-9A582CEB93D3.jpg (3024x3024, 2.2M)

then

Why you sending me outside?
I don’t defecate downtown like you. Please refrain from recommending me this in future.

mmmm

Attached: SONY MDR-Z1R.jpg (997x1500, 229K)

>audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php
Was looking something more scientific than that, like a iterative test (varying bass, volume, etc.) that'd narrow down what the exact problem is.
But the left channel seems much clearer and the right seems more muffled.

It's the Steins;Gate 0 vn.

I had the feeling it was stens;gate vn

Just tell me your opinions already

Attached: Empyrean_semiprofil.jpg (1600x1200, 108K)

In my opinion, you should buy stax.

I rather a house

oops, replied to myself.
the original had credits in japanese so i couldn't prove my point.
the headset used used on the time leap machine is a slightly modified air series.

Attached: audio-technica-ath-ad2000x.jpg (1000x1047, 68K)

Get Stax

that looks expensive

first you gotta move out of moms basement?

>Frankly, it sounded like it could be a ~$100-200 vintage planar headphone. They sounded quite congested with a large 4-5kHz spike that, while sometimes pleasant in bringing vocals forward, sounded far too elevated when combined with low and mid-treble roll off so the result sounded very, very nasal and artificial. I also heard a dip at around 3kHz that made the spike so much more annoying and made the midrange sound distant.

Now I know what I should avoid. thanks

No idea as i haven't heard them.
But they use the same or almost identical drivers to the a2000z and reviews say they're better indeed, but the difference is quite minor, so i guess you're paying mostly for portability and accesories.

Maybe Tr-x00?

There is something obscene about those Z1R cups. It's like a bulge protruding from boxer pants. 10/10 design.

>best value in range of 20-50 eur
>home pc/laptop on hot summer days
>in-ears
>for hour long wearing
>allround sound, little more bass is ok, mostly for youtube videos
>990pro but its too warm now

Longer cable might be handy but normal lenght is also alright

Looking for good sounding headphones with good mids, bright sound, thin, perfect treble, and mega ULTRA bass. budget 10 dollahs

Attached: 1555427411554.gif (387x524, 175K)

Save up for Stax

Hey user, what is listening to with this evening?

Attached: 1E3AAA02-8941-41FD-99EA-399A83FA6B5C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.07M)

sounds like you havent heard the sigma

ksc75

Any tricks for cleaning headphone earmuff part?

Its incredibly annoying to seat the cloth coverings of the HD800 if i take it completely off to wash with soap, pls advise

What are the comfiest headphones beside Fidelio X2?

Why have Sennheiser, Audio-technica and Beyerdynamic stopped in time and are stuck with older "Top of the line" offerings? Or are they just as good as 2k+ cans? Specially beyer, who haven't released anything new since forever, and just slap their Tesla driver in newer designs.
I'm specially interested in trying DT1990 Pro's, but the HD800 definitely didn't sound enjoyable for me, neither did the 599, even though they are the comfiest thing to use for a long time, really light.

Attached: MV5BMjA0MTgwNTM5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTgyODI4NjM_._V1_SX1777_CR0_0_1777_744_AL_.0.jpg (1200x800, 127K)

Thoughts on the topping dx7s?

Because dynamics reached their peak already, nowhere else to go besides repackaging and selling to new markets i.e assdrop. if you want the next level you have to get Stax, basically.

this but buy stax

:-)

Attached: file.png (715x466, 608K)

>drivers that shit themselves with any dust and have no lower frequencies whatsoever
Nah, I'm good. I believe dynamics still have a lot of potential in Focal's and ZMF's designs specially, even though they're completely different approaches. The toroidal drivers in the 8 series Sennheiser should also be able to bring new things to the table, but othe than the junk HD820, Sennheiser seems to be sitting on what could be a gold mine. Instead, they released that junk HD700s that flopped hard on their faces. The 650/58X is still the best they've ever done.

exact reason why i sold mine

Very niche question, my phone has bluetooth audio codec options for Qualcomm aptX or Qualcomm aptX HD. I have Marshall Monitor headphones which support aptX, anyone have any idea how much impact the HD will have on performance, battery etc?

Attached: Monitor-BT-6.jpg (1680x1680, 497K)

I may not be sure about how these sound and all, but fuck me, Sony knows how to make sexy looking products.

Who here also waiting for g935 white edition?

Attached: _logitech_g935_wireless_7.1_surround_sound_lightsync_gaming_headset_1_.jpg (1000x1000, 124K)

What mmcx cable is /hpg/-approved?

Have you seen the IER-Z1R. Looks like sex

Yinyoo 8 core.

Headphone industry is stagnant get into IEMs

So what do we think about these AT cans? based nipponese wood folded over a gorillion times or just a meme? It's on Drop for $200

Attached: Headphone_Ath_Esw990h_01-copy.jpg (475x239, 28K)

Better to just get Stax

Just glancing at those I can tell this is probably some unremarkable driver in a wood chamber that, in that case, is just hard EQ and a selling gimmick.

What happened to the audiophile fags. Haven't seen them in a while..

Attached: IMG_1060.jpg (3648x2736, 747K)

sick toroidal bruh. clean those pots

How much should I sell a pair of Sennheiser 595's that have a cracked plastic area? It doesn't impact the sound, it's just the area where you adjust the ergonomics.

Attached: 1384310770867.jpg (416x336, 32K)

you're not using the words correctly. stax are THE most natural sounding headphone. it places you directly in the studio with the musicians. calling hd650 natural sounding and stax artificial is the most pants on head retarded thing i've read all week.

Want an upgrade to my DAC from the fiio e07k. It's pretty underperforming for my dt880s.

What's the next incremental upgrade and how much would I have to spend? (I'd like to not spend more $120)

jds atom?

NX4 DSD

no

does anyone have recommendations for headphones to use in the gym? noise cancelling and bluetooth would be superb.

grace m902

Sup bros,

I nabbed some college kid's headphones, he left it in a study room prolly for his finals. It's an ATH-WS660BT - is this any good or is it trash?

Just ask the rest of the internet for that

the rest of the internet would suggest trash like bose or beats.

Give it to the janitor or whoever is in charge. Be a decent person.

airpods

fuck you

Atom seems to be in my price range. NX4 looks really good too. Will the atom perform better than the e07k? Or should I save up for the NX4?

if you know better get what you want and fuck off

nigger i don't want fucking TRASH like airpods or bose or beats. i didn't think i had to list every piece of shit so you'd know what's what. i thought you retards knew what you were talking about

hopeless cunt. fuck off

I'm already driven 200 miles back home from university, too late for that, just havent had a chance to test it out yet, wanted to know opinions on it first

retard

Attached: 1526212115435.png (645x598, 61K)