Ubuntu with XFCE (Xubuntu) is enough for the regular user...

Ubuntu with XFCE (Xubuntu) is enough for the regular user. Anything different is merely unnecessary fuss and complication, ultimately wasting time and resources. Prove me wrong (protip: you can't)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-12_02-35-55.png (1366x768, 200K)

No point, though it doesn't really matter if it's Ubuntu Budgie, Xubuntu or Lubuntu. Either way, whatever works.

Get back to me when XFCE finally fixes their screen tearing issues. Until then I want to use Kodi without tearing so I need to use KDE

Debian with XFCE is all you need

Screen tearing can easily be fixed with a few lines of code in a config file. Anything else sweaty?

Not with Kodi. However, you are right, that will fix most everything else

>Doesn't know how to install Kubuntu
>Doesn't know how to install Kubuntu Desktop from TaskSel in Xubuntu
>Doesn't know how to work on config files
>Just expecting things to be given to him on a golden platter

Attached: 1494959297869.jpg (497x640, 110K)

You couldn't be more wrong. I use Debian with KDE. Xfce is also installed, but I don't use it because I don't feel like disabling compositing every time I load up Kodi. The config file doesn't fix tearing in Kodi. I expect nothing except Kodi not to tear with compositing enabled.

>Not thinking the problem is in Kodi
>Keeping software you don't use
>Not purging your unused software

>>Not thinking the problem is in Kodi
It's not
>>Keeping software you don't use
I have ample storage space. A few MB isn't going to hurt anything
>>Not purging your unused software
You literally just said that in your last sentence. Enjoy your subpar DE

>He thinks he knows what the problem is
>Keeps complaining about Kodi tearing
Dude... It's either your Kodi setup's fucked, or the problems between your keyboard and your chair.

And if you don't bother working on Kodi's config, then the problem's definitely between your keyboard and your chair.

xfce is a downgrade from windows 98

>muh screen tearing
kys

and it runs slower

So much anger from Xfce fanboys ITT. If I complain loudly enought, then it's not my DE's fault. Face it boys, you bet on the wrong horse. Maybe 4.14 will be usable right guys

Debian XFCE + nonfree is better.

I'm not the one complaining, fag.

Full damage control

Kubuntu is superior

With Wayland?

What should I go with for trying Linux the first time on dual boot? So far a friend suggested me either mint or Ubuntu

Ubuntu, or any derivative of it (including Mint,) though Ubuntu itself is a derivative of Debian. So it really doesn't matter except for what out-of-box experience you want (Ubuntu's interface is meant for tablets and hipsters on PCs, while Mint, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu Budgie and Lubuntu follow the basic desktop paradigm).

I'm doing this on a 10 year old imac.

Attached: 0_xfce.png (838x1012, 71K)

I have this on a 10 year old eee pc. I can do everything I need on it. No gayming, though, and it doesn’t play videos above 720p very well. But it’s good enough. I’m a hard opposer of the bloat in hardware specs so I intend on keeping this baby for a while. It still gets 4 hours of battery life on a good run

Thanks man. I use Vera Crypt for full disk encryption, how would this impact a dual boot? Would I need VC installed on my Linux partition/would I even be able to partition my HD at all?

How come I've never had this issue?

Wrong!
Windows is enough for the regular user. Only people with specific needs/wishes use anything else.

>Anything different is merely unnecessary fuss and complication, ultimately wasting time and resources. Prove me wrong

LXDE

>for the regular user
the regular user is in Windows 10 and don't know or want to change his OS
so you can fuck off

Having an opinion and not taunting people who think differently is enough for a decent person. Anything different is merely unjustified bitching and complaining, ultimately wasting stress and killing threads. Prove me wrong (protip: you cunt)

Kde is nice too

I want to try out xfce 4.14

Apply yourself

I want to try it but I've been offput by the clunkiness of most screenshots I've seen of it here and in other places, too. Is that fixable? That's pretty much the only reason I've never used it.

Screen tearing is a software problem with a software solution. Linuxfags are just sourgraping since they cant write vsynch as well as driver vendors.

>implying NPCs care about customizability

>free software philosophy = playing around with docks and taskbars
Yikes.

there are no issues

>>>
> Anonymous 06/17/19(Mon)00:35:00 No.71457225▶
> (OP)
>Debian with XFCE is all you need
this place is ridiculous, full of wannabes little opinionated windows users who've never climbed out of their box, ever (and won't get out)

re 'and it runs slower'
stfu.

ubuntu is bloat by itself, so you're inheritently wrong

your opinion is bloat by itself

Your response is bloat by itself.

Speaking of which, how's your mom doing?

Your going to need to be bale to make partitions within the encrypted disk. So on boot you'll enter your password, then select from UEFI/grub your boot OS. Most people using Linux use LUKS for this, ymmv with veracrypt, idk muc about it.
Specific to your gpu.
regular windows users are ok with their start menu being spammed with ads, literally.

Having a bit of trouble walking but she'll be alright. How about yours?

I just put up with the screen tearing for half a year. But there was this vsync setting which fixed it somewhere in the settings.

Not sure why this isn't on by default. Other than that, and the difficulty of setting up keybindings (im lazy so there probably is a way, but i couldn't figure it out) it suits me. Just want to get the windows key to open the start menu.

never had screentearing, even in gaymes. two year old install of 17.04, used onboard, ayyymd and nvidia gpus. y'all niggas done did something wrong.
>keybindings
nigger u srs? keyboard > application shortcuts, unless you mean doing something unconventional like remapping the layout or whatever
it's like 1488 times more intuitive than it is on windows

Attached: 1560282404305.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

thanks for that! I was doing it from some other place