Did you remember to scan your TV for viruses today, Jow Forums?

Did you remember to scan your TV for viruses today, Jow Forums?
twitter.com/SamsungSupport/status/1140409768743452672

Attached: .png (599x325, 39K)

The absolute STATE of IoT garbage.

>He doesn't buy McAffee security Premium for his E-Fridge
It's like you want the thing to actually cool its contents and not heat your house with constant scans that never find anything anyway.

I want off this wild ride.

Attached: 1559069356843.jpg (80x52, 2K)

>owning a smart TV
I got a 40" 1080p "dumb TV" for $250. Why do people even fall for the smart TV scam?

All the top tier panels have smart bits.

>didn't do a virus scan this week
>pajeet locks my smartfridge
>is asking for 5BTC to unlock
>don't know how bitcoin works
>family starves to death

>tfw botnet wants me to starve

Attached: .jpg (2048x1536, 354K)

Why would I care for virus in a fucking TV? I barely use mine, when I use it's just for HDMI.

>malware viruses
????

>tfw botnet wants xxx
kek i miss those threads

Your TV has awful image quality. Every single TV with a decent panel made since 2014 has either a custom manufacturer OS or Android TV

We have been saying this for at least 4 years now..

>off shore Chip makers produce something for western designed product
>later chip makers sell designs to serveral OEMs(mobo designers) to secure better deals and profit per device sold
>OEMs line up redistributors with "premium" western oriented product for "CHEAP"
>sell a shit ton bulk to distributors so their job is done
>distributors learn it'll take years to sell because westerners aren't as wealthy as portrayed in propaganda
>start to make over blown adverts
>finally sell majority of product over 3 years
>first batch of TVs are already 3 years old
>mobo designers are already onto the next TV design and dropped support years ago after their first production run
>your western guaranteed doesn't beholden us to your legal standards
>the product is in your hands now good luck

It's literally a chain of trickery.

semiconductor fabs trick chip makers into using their wafers who trick OEMs to include their chips on boards in products, who trick distributors to sell to westerners

high school tier microeconomics

>(((Samsung)))
>(((QLED)))
>(((Apps)))
Btw this all could have been prevented if urbanite white trash wasn't so addicted to entertainment.
99% of people buy expensive tvs just to watch netflix garbage with low video bitrate and AAC 156kbps quality

You have to go back.

>Your TV has awful image quality.
looks good to me

kek

Attached: D9PGpYHXkAAQnZH.png_large.png (622x361, 67K)

The majority of people buy new hardware (smartphone, notebook, etc) because software becomes slow and glitchy. They think "faster" hardware can magically run youtube and netflix faster
They don't understand for instance that 4K is impossible for streaming on a 300 dollars i5 let alone a cheapo system on a chip

what the fuck

They are not wrong tho, software gets increasingly bloated over time and the only way to run them with decent performance again is buying a new device with better specs. And yes, the 4K thing is also true, old phones and CPUs can't even think about running 4K video, but now with hardware decoders being a thing, some can with ease.

If you visit sketchy websites to stream or download your latest pirated game of cucks episode you'll get a virus(if you're a normie). The tv has an OS, which can get viruses. How hard is it to comprehend? This twitter, or most of social media in general is made for normies.

new hardware can't run 4k videos with good quality. Youtube 4K can run with 2013 CPU and GT 1030 but youtube 4k is a joke
The answer to the bloated issue is running linux with text based browser or pale moon plus youtube-dl
buying new hardware makes things work for 12 months before getting bloated

>The tv has an OS, which can get viruses.
That's the issue. How can a device with limited function get viruses? What the hell. Have you heard of something like video games getting viruses? Samsung smart TV OS must be a pile of shit for that even be a possibility.

>8 years ago
>knew this bullshit was just around the corner
>go to shopping mall
>show me your most expensive non-smart TV
>wew sir we only got one model left
>cool, I will buy two
>tfw comfy Panasonic Viera
>tfw another one in storage in case the first one fails

Attached: 09.png (561x590, 326K)

>Not buying a based Panasonic smart tv, opening the back plate in 5 minutes and manually removing the wifi small card from the board

>Panasonic
You fooled yourself

I'm not a boomer so I don't have a TV.

>smart tv
>based

Why? it was worked like a charm all these years.

I hope people buy even more IoT stuff for even greater botnet potential.

What happens if a toaster oven gets a virus?

Attached: june oven.jpg (1240x685, 79K)

It's toast

working != having the best quality, shitty D-Link router from 2006 still works like a charm too.

My 10-bit anime look pretty good

Literally paid $600 for a 65" 4k.... Fucking 1080pleb.

It's 640

>he fell for the 4k meme
Most content is still only available in 1080p at most. Plus, you won't notice the difference between 1080p and 4k at the average viewing distance.

My plasma TV doesn't have this problem. It also looks better.

>no 4k content!
Wrong. Not only is there plenty of content, my TV does a damn fine job of upscaling 1080p stuff.
>you won't notice the difference between 1080p and 4k at the average viewing distance.
Nigga get yo eyes checked. If you can see the difference, well, you're blind.

>not just making your tv's system read-only

>can't unlock doors while updating
>fall in update loop
>die of suffocation

>current year
>watching (((tv)))

Attached: 1455204202820.jpg (372x434, 19K)

Unironically a genius. I did the same thing when I heard they were gonna stop making plasma TV's. Don't care what anyone says, it has no smart features and the blacks are great.

It's just your massive dumb nigger ego pretending your vision is better than anyone else

Attached: optimal-viewing-distance-television-graph-size.png (547x461, 49K)

Just block your network attached TV from external comms. All the pros of watching over the network none of the Chinese botnet

>tfw astigmatic enough to have a hard time distinguishing 1080p and 720p on sources that aren't compressed to death on a 70" screen at less than 10'

why would anyone buy a TV after like 2005
everyone has a computer with good monitor, or multiple, nowdays
right?
no one actually watches TV right

imagine bragging about having a tv

>imagine watching TV

>paying premium to watch anime

god dammit that toaster is better than my pc

Apparently these fucks. The last TV I bought had a tube. I haven't had cable for at least 10 years.

I only connect my TV to internet when I want to update it. I haven't even accepted the TOS of my TV, so I can't use any apps or voice commands. It's basically a dumb TV now.

>this tech illiterate bastard doesn't know that a smart-tv is programmed to search for open connections and send that automatically.

>inb4 I-I have control over all the wireless signals in my perimeter

LineageOS on TVs when?

Be honest, do you ever actually go into any menuson your TV besides 'source'?

I still use a CRT TV. I'm glad I never "upgraded".

Attached: maxresdefault(5).jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Well, if it's good enough for you.

Good monitors are expensive and there's no AMOLED monitor. They are also small and not as comfy as a big screen on your living room.

>missing the umts antenna
You think you can escapethebotnet?
Kek

just get a 32+ IPS, nigger

My live-in sysadmin takes care of that.

virus scan aka sneaky firmware update

I just don't connect my TV to the internet
Wow
So difficult

Is there any wortwhile TV anymore that isn't full of IoT "sMaRt Tv" bullshit? Or should I just stick with monitors?

smart TVs have malware well before you connect to the internet

Is there any smart TV you -have- to hook up to the internet? Mine you can just ignore that shit. Personally I let it connect selectively via firewall rule so I can download themes and shit, then hook up a botnet android tv box of my own since it's more powerful hardware.

OS on every fucking TV lags. Even the roku os on my TCL that everyone said is low lag, is a laggy pos

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-17-04-33-01-088_com.brave.browser.jpg (962x646, 132K)

this chart is retarded, i have a 42 inch tv more than 10 feet away from me and i can clearly see a difference between 720p and 1080p

IPS has dogshit contrast and response times are just now getting decent.

There is very notiable difference between 4K and 1080p even up close.This difference is even more noticable if both the TVs are large (55 inch+)

>Not using a 32in IPS 1440p monitor with a 65in 4k TV as your secondary

It's like you don't even want to be comfy

They are all shit. Monitors are shit unless you get high end stuff.

no you can't, bitrate matters more than resolution at that point.

>no you can't
i just told you i can see the difference and it's obvious as fuck, and you're telling me i don't?
>bitrate matters
maybe if you're a faggot who watches streamed shit on netflix, i would never watch anything 720p below 3000kbit and 1080p below 7000kbit

I'm busy scanning my teapot

Shouldn't it be sandboxed? Android TV doesn't have that problem.

you can't see the difference if they're both at let's say 2000kbps
I guarantee it, brainlet.

>he has never watched a dvd in his life

>192 nvidia cud’s cores
I mean let’s just give them an incentive to hack your shit with a bitcoin miner as a reward.

have you ever watched a movie with any dark scenes at all? 1080p with a bitrate of 2000kbit would look like complete shit with lots of banding

This. I have 2x32", one being 1080p and the other 720p and can clearly notice the difference between them around 8 feet. This chart is bullshit.

The absolute state of this

Attached: 1560775248.png (961x1049, 868K)

what the hell I'm looking at

Attached: 1516233975379.jpg (657x527, 32K)

No they are not
You are either projecting or a jealous nigger

Explain how a TV could possibly get viruses. Don't they have stores and all stuff is sandboxed? Aren't you only allowed to run stuff from said store? Come the fuck on, not even Android can't get viruses, only malware by social engineering. This isn't Windows that every application has super user access and can fuck up the whole system if they want.

I got a smart TV recently as my old 1080p died I got it on sale and it's 4k only cost £250 was actually about £180 as I got some money back from my old TV dying, I don't use the smart features tho as I have a pc hooked up to it, it's annoying as well I always get nags for fw updates

They have web browsers so could easily get a virus all it takes is for someone to find an WebKit exploit. Those are extremely common

If you're still on /v/ for god knows what reason, list devices that use the same tegra as the switch and watch them think you're joking

Video games also have browsers and are sometimes exploited through WebKit, but yet there aren't "viruses" around, since they are extremely complex and requires lot of things to work, just having a exploit is never enough. So again, how the fuck does a TV gets viruses, if there's any around? Shit just sounds like some weird deal with some antivirus company, unless these TVs can download and run binaries from the internet, but that would be just retarded.

>blacks are great
haha

That uses a Tegra K1 tho

why? because if you don't scan it, like EVERY NORMAL AMERICAN SHOULD, mao zedong will be able to watch your tv FOR FREE.

Attached: 1000x523.png (400x209, 23K)

Don't need to, when my grandfather upgraded to an LED TV, he gave me his CRT

Do you think he appreciates the copious amounts of JAV I watch on mine?
Also, RIP

Based Sisterposter

Not the other user but I remember some years ago, back when the PSP was still in the market, some youtube tutorial I was following on PSP modding mentioned that the PSP could get viruses and the guy had a shitty little anti virus homebrew app that could scan his PSP. To this day I still find it funny how he was only person that I've seen or read that even mentioned PSP viruses and the fact that someone actually made a virus scanner for the PSP was pretty funny in itself.

it is impossible to find a 4k TV that does not have “smart” features. Nobody wants it, it’s not a matter of anyone “falling” for anything you fucking idiot.