How are you preparing for the fact that, thanks to technology...

How are you preparing for the fact that, thanks to technology, the elites won't need us anymore and will pull the plug on this iteration of civilization through thermonuclear war?

Attached: byebyejobs.png (1556x1536, 3.29M)

That's a good thing. Fuck the poor.

>then the unemployed people couldn't afford their chinkshit so sales went down

False economy.

I decided to get into the sector that is going to benefit, technology. Funny how that works, isn't it?

If everyone is dead, then who will buy the consumer products?

I've honed my customer service skills to the point that I can basically ignore someone until within a few seconds of them actually deciding they want help with something.

Robots can't do that.

I'm looking forward to only having to work for a few hours a week because automation has made everything cheap.

>muh lump of labour fallacy

>he thinks the elites will keep him around when they don't need him anymore
The only reason you're still alive is because your labour is good for business. Once that's gone they will get rid of you

Yes, they can.

But robots uses AI to determine what you want before you even know it yourself. Humans can't do that.

see

Breaking news:
Robots are good at performing simple repetitive tasks

If your job can be easily replaced by a machine there is no place for you in modern society

>everyone becomes unemployable
>nobody has money to buy the products they make
now what?

As long as we don't live in a Utopia, there will be work.

thermonuclear war

There are now two lines of work left, fixing robots and BJ's.

>implying the elites would benefit from nuking everyone

When the elites don't need me, I'll work for non elites.

Attached: yangery.png (108x108, 8K)

they will if they don't need 90% of the population anymore

Why war, Ivan, they will just make vodka and heroin easily available for you

The (((elites))) will still need a shabbos goy when the robot revolution comes

Yang will save the US citizens.

by studying automation and robotics hence being a glorified handyman for the future robot overlords

>thermonuclear war
Don't know where you're pulling this bullshit from, but I'll take a guess. War is bad for business - so, there won't be one. Not a global one at least.

I clean public transit vehicles for a living, I wish a machine can do this job.

War is costly. The only reason robots would be a problem is if they're so much smarter than us we can't cause any harm to them. The fact that Moore's law is already ending makes me doubt that,

>the elites won't need us anymore and will pull the plug on this iteration of civilization through thermonuclear war?
They kinda do. The whole point of running a factory that can output a shitload of some product is that you can service more customers and thus make more money.
If all those customers become either too poor to afford your product or died in your nuclear holocaust, what's the point of running such a factory?

You can't take automation to the extreme end (at least not with our current economic systems) because that would defeat the purpose of automation.

i was ironic, AI/Skynet meme is not viable for at least the next 30 years. Replacing people with robots is a must but must be made gradually without mass layoffs which probably won't be done right.

This. The only reason wars happen is that the politicians who start them don't bear the costs. If there's a chance of politicians getting nuked in a war, the war doesn't happen.

>which probably won't be done right.
Most likely not, yeah. People have the tendency to overshoot the goal in their greed and then everything goes to shit till we scaled it back down to a reasonable and sustainable level.

With full automation the elites do not need us any more to live a luxurious life. Money and thus sales become meaningless for them.

Chinese workers are poorly educated and thus inneficient, in Japan numbers would be greatly diminished.

Why wait for 40 years to replace all shopping clerks or people on conveyor belts and not have a big social problem when you can do it overnight and reduce prices?
It will simply boil down to greed and what is cheaper, to replace people with automation or employ pajeets/chinks for almost no pay at all.

Don't even need that one to point out why his example is retarded. What are the elites going to do with their fully automated car factory that can pump out a million units per year when there are no customers because they killed them all?
There needs to be a balance between automation and employed people in a capitalistic system - if no one can afford your shit anymore because you replaced all of them with robots, you'll just have to shut down your factory because you don't have any customers left.

Rather than killing everyone, the elite (if they ever reached full automation for everything) would probably rather switch to a system where you get products in exchange for loyalty and favors rather than money. It's about power, if money stops being a good stand-in for that they'll just find something new.

Unless they are planning to sell their products to other elites they will run out of funds rather quick.

AI will.

You're making the assumption that their goal is to just keep the economic status quo. What if the economy was just a means to an end for them? That they will discard when it's no longer needed?

you forget that if for some reason 90% of people get jobless there will be riots all over the place.
Assuming there is a consensus in the "elite" they will gradually kill off the jobs.

Then the starving ex-workers will rob his house while he's at work supervising the robot repairmen and the team of engineers making robot repair robots to replace the robot repairmen.

Hardly anything is ever thought through, shit can even go into the direct opposite direction when politicians mess with it.
>no one in my country wants to be a trucker anymore
>tons of them close to retirement by now, in ~10 years we probably won't be able to saturate that market anymore
>instead of loosening restrictions on autonomic driving they are now trying to push young people into that field of employment
>instead of making use of something that is coming anyway by accelerating it a bit, they are trying to still hold it off and instead push young people into an employment field that already has its clock ticking

Did you not read my post till the end? I pointed out that they absolutely will ditch the current system if it doesn't work in their favor anymore, but they won't replace it in favor of just killing 99% of the population. What would be the fucking point of that?

Breaking news : a lot more jobs can be done with robots, scripts, programs, and eventually AI, that you can imagine. You think you're irreplaceable but you're not.

>us
speak for yourself nigger.

whomst gonna buy their shit?

And you are making the assumption that their ultimate goal is to live a comfy life where they don't have to interact with the plebs, ignoring that the elites have already amassed enough wealth to do just that for multiple lifetimes.

Their goal is more power over other people, money is just a good way to exert that power. If they kill everyone, there's no one left they can lord over.

Happens every fucking time. People think only "worthless losers" will be hit by some societal change and then they are surprised when they find out that "worthless loser" end up being much more broad than they expected and includes them, too.

Lots of pharma companies replaced tons of their lab staff with robots because two or three chemists who think about it a bit in advance and then let some robot bruteforce its way through their pre-selection is much more efficient than having 20 chemists supervise 200 lab workers to do the same at a slower pace.
And it's not like those people were uneducated losers.

the point of power is subjugation, having and keeping slaves is their goal, elites are too retarded to care about >relevant stuff behind the power game

Elites only exist when juxtaposed against the masses. You're not elite when everyone is a billionaire. They'd go back to waging war on and impoverishing each other until the system is back in balance.

it's not about losing every job is about losing most of them.

what happens when every factory is only robots?

>what happens when every factory is only robots?
factories stop because there's nobody to sell goods to
or you give people money for nothing i.e. basic income so they would buy shit

>tfw I'm the guy who programs, builds, and repairs robots
they won't replace me anytime soon

It's unironically time to start building guillotines.

>tfw I'm the guy who programs, build a repair robots that repairs another robot.
speak too soon.

still keeping 66% of my job

I'm a professional boomer groveler, my job security is assured.

What products do the people of the future need?
If they are smart they will have maxed out tech that lasts long. If they are stupid they fuel the and buy every few years the same products over and over again.

>be street performer
>guaranteed audience
>because everyone will be living there

Attached: shortcircuit6.jpg (500x253, 25K)

"Need" isn't the only question of relevance, there's also "want".
And seeing how shit like washing machines that used to last decades have a tendency to break down right after the end of the warranty period nowadays I doubt we will go for the smart route.

>Upper Class
Own the robots
>Middle Class
Fix the robots
>Lower Class
Clean the robots

ROBOT ECONOMY SOLVED

this. for most elites, it's about the power games. and those who simply made a shitload of money without trying to turn it into political power will eventually be ground to dust between those who only see it as a power game.

if you can't pay them anymore because there is no use for you labor, they'll simply ask you to die for them, kiss their feet, let them fuck your wife or some shit like that. not like any of that is actually a good or acceptable outcome, but the outcome won't be "I'll just kill all of them".
power games are pretty boring when you don't have anyone left who could play with you.

china's social credit thing being turned into a new kind of currency is a much more likely outcome than the genocide of all plebs.

People only feel good if they have it better then others. They think relative, you make 0 sense OP. Also who would those machines be producing for? Companies are shooting in their own foot with short term thinking.

>war is bad for business
But IS a business

I don't understand the people that think like you op, without proles who will the elite sell to?

>the elites won't need us anymore
Unlike China most of the world doesn't work factory jobs.

For Russia it's a big business, a form of economic stimulus in the US, and select arms manufacturers across Europe make up a very small portion of their respective economies.
If the world gets nuked, things are going to get very shitty for everyone, no matter if you're a global elite or African bushnigg.

t. retard

Nukes are fake.

You’re assuming there’s a finite number of jobs available. There’s going to be tons of new jobs to offset the AI contribution

>still believing this shitty meme

It’s not a meme dumbass with every tech innovation there’s been new jobs where people adapt to the new conditions

Where did you hear about this theory?

Factories make robots to whom they sell stuff.

>It’s not a meme dumbass
It's an outdated theory from the first half of the 20th century.
It held true then, but no more.

>>through thermonuclear war
>the elites would want to make the planet uninhabitable for themselves

>billions of people are necessary to keep those global, single apps that can manage an entire industry by themselves (like Uber) and the machines manufacturing at the speed of light by themselves (like pic in OP)
ok grandpa, if you say so

>implying most of the planet isn't uninhabitable already
They have already found microplastics in human beings. The elites will just sustain themselves with technology and body modification

It's how the economy works, retard.
Productivity goes up, more wealth is created, and now you don't need to have a guy's entire job be shoveling coal into a boiler.

Improvements in tech have allowed bigger and better things to be created, with the same amount of human work. It used to be a massive undertaking to build a stone building. Now, with things like automated concrete production and prefabricated shit, a building can be erected in a month. Same with computers. The laborers who wired the monstrous computers of the 50s and 60s were soon out of a job, but the falling cost of computers actually meant the sector grew overall.

Attached: computer.jpg (2577x2103, 664K)

Go research every component and process that made the computer which you're shitposting on.
The collection of raw materials, engineering, refining, manufacture, etc is a global effort.
With a tiny population, that just wouldn't be possible.

>billions of people will either be miners or engineers
Good luck with that

The technology sector of course grows, but the job it displaces are higher than the amount that is created with it.
>can't make a single example of job growth unless it's in IT
you're making my point retard

That just goes to show how dogshit the chinks are as workers.

>We can build houses faster!
>the employees that only worked for a month will certainly be able to afford our million dollars small houses due to the fact that a handful of people are able to build a shitload of them due to having capital and therefore keep the prices high!

>more wealth is created
Where do you think that wealth goes genius?

>Improvements in tech have allowed bigger and better things to be created, with the same amount of human work.
Yeah, but if the resulting wealth ends up concentrated in the hands of fewer people then it will still result in more squalor for the working class.

Also; you do realize that job retraining doesn't really work, right? They pretty much never have success rates above 30%ish
Some 45 year old who's been a trucker since he was 17 is NOT going to be a fucking IT tech or an engineer.
At some point this ball of yarn is gonna spin itself out, a robot that can replace 5 service jobs is not gonna create 5 jobs to replace them, nor would that help the people who were displaced anyway because those people will not be qualified for those jobs.

Who the fuck gives a shit if the economy is technically growing if we have more people living on the street?

Attached: Income happiness.jpg (1768x758, 96K)

China is transitioning to a service economy model

A billionaire, I know this is a call to authority but I thought this was interesting, naval ravikant have shared his thoughts on this topic and he thinks that all jobs will eventually be automated except for creative individual jobs like what we’re seeing today with people making startups/online brands/ YouTube/twitch/ etc. So he thinks we’ll be reverting back to the ethos of agrarian times where we’ll be working for ourselves and our families instead of a hierarchical company

Tiananmen

the elites have been trying to put everyone in poverty since the 70s. It's wishful thinking to believe this happy ending will ever happen

>thermonuclear war
I think you mean chemicals in the water.

the elites have the full force of the global economic machinery in their hands and have been attempting to fuck up that system ever since they started convince people of bullshit semantic arguments over economics like trickle-down and stagflation

if they had the ability to just put everyone in poverty they would have already done so. it's not like that isn't the end goal but the chess board got too complex too quickly and they can't control the flow of economic impedance like they used too. people are more beholden to large corporations for entertainment and information but when it comes to actually being able to survive we are less dependent on them than ever before because they are having to focus on the machinery that influences us, the youtube creators and the journalists and the television writers, moreso than our lives directly. that is a sign that they do not have the level of influence that they want

read this

Attached: download.jpg (315x475, 116K)

Difference was back then a family with a plow and an animal could make the necessitites of life appear from the ground, and the elites were dependent on them for sustenance.
When elites now "own" robots who extract, refine, and process the raw materials and then turn it into everything a person needs to live, the person who doesn't have the magic token of "ownership" of these machines on which society as a whole depends is purely dependent on access to those machines.
The population explosion in Africa seems to have more or less made subsistence farming impossible as an escape, if it ever was.

>salida
Why does it say "exit" in spanish on the sign in the photo?

If you reach a post-scarcity society, you don't need to kill the poor anymore because rich and poor is no longer a thing.

the monkey wrench in their machinery is the internet, because the internet's influence on society inadvertantly created a network of communication that a large number of people use to dictate their reality that used to be dictated by the television and newspapers and magazines. and its organic, too, which means its very strong and hard to shake.

the powers that be are desperately trying to figure out ways to limit the ability for people to communicate on the internet to prevent that from happening and the end goal of apple, google, facebook, and all of these technocratic corporations is turning the internet into a place to mindlessly consume products rather than communicate with other people

for fucks sake, 'bush did 9/11' is a meme that most people understand. why? we didn't learn about it in school and its not allowed to be talked about in the press.

>we are less dependent on them than ever before
lmao no, this is just too naive. The elites corporations, and those corporations control the supply chain. If they stop the supply chain for a day, there is no more food in the shelves in all major cities. That itself is enough to break down society. They have us in their hands already, or at the very least most of people, which is more than enough.

>remove all incentives to better one-self
What a horrible nightmare

t. Peter Thiel

top kek

wow, but that is stupid. it contradicts everything, from basic evolutionary principles, basic economics based on demand and basic sociology which, in turn, rests on genetic inequality

You're assuming the world isn't ruled by evil people.
Which future do you think is more desirable to them: one in which 12 billion people have free wall to wall chinkshit in their crowded city dwellings, or one in which 12 billion people's worth of resources get spent on those they want to allow to continue living (ie: themselves)?