1200$

Why would anyone buy this overpriced garbage ?

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x398, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/news/nvidia-super-rtx-cards-may-launch-in-july-to-keep-high-end-lead-on-amd
videocardz.com/81046/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-super-series-to-launch-mid-july
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they aren’t poor like you

I'm not poor.

Good post.

You get kucked so often you start to like it?
Stockholm syndrome?

Attached: Stockholm-2019.jpg (963x506, 79K)

why cant you afford the nvidia dgx 2? are you that fucking poor?

VR or 4k I guess. Mostly epeen.

it really comes down to this

Can't wait to see what the 2080ti Super is priced at considering the rumors saying it's a whole new chip and completely unlocked for up to 300w TDP

I have a 2080ti and I use it to play Heroes of might & Magic 3

i would use it for dlss raytracing. if you ask me those are two techs that make actually worth buying a graphics card again since the 9800gtx

great choice, Solmir

The honest reason is a twister version of FOMO. Its not that much better than a 1080Ti, and the only games that use rayracing are exactly the sort of garbage that 12 year olds buy. There is exactly no reason to buy this over the 2080.

Think about it like this. You build your entire persona and self worth around having the best gaming rig. This comes out. If you don't buy it, you are nothing but a huge loser now. BUT, if you do buy it, you are on top of the pile again. Whala, social status among losers for only a few thousand dollars.

Its cheap by western standards. Cheaper than fancy houses, cars or boats.

money laundering scheme

The sad part is that consumer GPUs will continue to rise in price and beta cucks will keep buying them.

But you can play le epic corridor shooting game from 25 years ago with epic graphics!!

>1200
it's 1600 here, and I even considered it at one point but then realized I do not want to be a beta tester
for CP77 maybe, hope ampere comes before it
actually quite surprised we got 5 games already with RTX support. And I fucking like how it looks, yes.

1 shekel has been deposited in your account schlomo

AMD Pajeet btfo

for 3d rendering and making money, le poorfag one. most of the existing software is optimized for nvidia/ intel at least as of now

Lmao faggot I got mine for 1k usd

None of it matters if you just stick to 1080p. A used gtx1080 can do 144hz no problemo

Because the more you buy the more you save.

Frames/dollar the 2080ti is better when accounting for full system cost

>Its not that much better than a 1080Ti
It's 30-50% faster depending on the game and destroys it in RTX titles.
>the only games that use rayracing are exactly the sort of garbage that 12 year olds buy
Literally cope.
>There is exactly no reason to buy this over the 2080
Retard. The 2080 is far more pointless, since a used 1080 Ti is cheaper and offers most of its performance. The 2080 Ti at least has the USP of being the best of the best, bar stupidly-priced Titans.

2080Ti Super (if it even launches) is going to be a factory overclocked version of 2080Ti (10% higher base/boost clockspeed).

A fully enabled TU102 customer-tier SKU already exists it is called RTX TItan. Nvidia has no reason to cannibalize RTX Titan sells with a "faster 2080Ti"

>(((new product))) is not that much better than (((old product I own)))
>being surprised at such a statement
are you new to the tech scene or something?

I told my manager I needed one for deep learning and they bought it.

People who need the titan get it for the 24GB vram. It's on par or even slower in games compared to 2080ti

Might return mine (still unopened in anticipation of Ryzen) and get the Super if I can.

If it's just an overclock that's basically nothing, just enough to cuck Navi by moving the performance goalposts in the price brackets, especially for the casual buyers.

BTC and ETH coins have been climbing in value for the past 2 months.
Make sure you don't wait too long for a new gpu before insane prices return

I chase 183k last year and I wouldn’t waste 1200$ on this turd.

It can’t do 4K 60 FPS stable can it?

1080ti does 4k60 average
2080ti does 4k60 1% lows

Eh, I'm open to hodling onto the card depending on how much of an improvement and value the Super represents.
I did get the card at a good price (for my country), and it was a high end factory overclocked model so if Super is mostly just an overclock on the stock ti it's not a big deal to me.
And if GPU prices get worse because of coins, then down the road I might sell it off and put that towards the Super 2280 ti or whatever. Maybe even look into mining myself, if that can be profitable.

They have excess money

but but but nononomous
but but but muh 300 fps in

So not yet.

I wouldn't call it overpriced, user.
It's what, 1200?
So in a year, we have 52 weeks. And it comes out roughly to 23 a week.

user, one dinner out costs me $40 or more.
Cooking it myself would cost me like $3-4
I can easily afford it.

I didn't buy it, I bought the 2080 version instead since Amazon was out of stock when I did my year upgrade of my PC. I don't play in 4k so the 2080 is fine

Are you dim?
The 1080 Ti does 4k 60fps average if it's lucky
The 2080 ti does 4k 60 fps minimum and in most well optimised dx12/vulkan games well beyond that average and can even push 100fps+ in some.
Sadly most old games do not take advantage of the insane compute and fp16 power that card has only games made with that in mind scale well I can't really think of many outside of titles made around amd hardware ironically (it scales well)
Shame navi dumped async comp as it was starting to go main stream
Nvidia picked up all the shit they dropped (variable rate shading ((primitive shaders))) and their discard tech but only wolf 2 uses it and it's kinda useless on high end cards anyway
Turing is actually new arch whereas Maxwell pascal and everything dates back to the 88gtx
Plus amd doesn't have an answer to cuda

Amd need to make another killer midrange-high end card not this 50 dollarydoos cheaper but slower and use more power than nvidia shit they've been doing for the past 8 years
Nobody bought into it except smart fags who got a 570 or 480 cheap
Vega fury Hawaii xt and navi all suck there's no secret sauce no fine wine just sub par performance and I say that as someone who's owned cards from both and currently has a 2700x and 2080ti
Had a 56 and 1080 they just wherent good enough for 3440x1440p 100fps minimum

its for all those muricans making 100k+
and fuck everyone else, just stop being poor lmao, who cares if you have to pay 50% in taxes from your already subpar wages, europoor ahahah

>sour pro-wealth re-distribution leftist

Irishfag here.
Out of 60k, I take home about 40k a year
But also get tax cuts on healthcare (seriously, €30 a month for full family coverage is nice with employer paying the rest), a bike voucher for €200 (since it's easier to cycle to work than drive), free 24/7 gym and free certifications (assuming I pass them the first 2 tests, employer pays for them)

Not all of Europe is a shithole, user

What card did you buy then?

A 2080 since I didn't see the point in playing games in 4k
It lets me edit videos in 4k which is more than enough. I took the extra €300 and just put in another 2TB SSD as a scratch disk and another 16GB of RAM to make it 128gb

I got mine for 850€ used. Couldn't be happier as it's the only card that can reliably pull 1440p 144fps in new games

You might not be poor but you're not exactly fucking rich either are you? And there's your answer, the average person does not buy shit like this.

>just shut up and pay double the price for new gen! what are you, a commie?

> tfw in control of 64 RTX2080Ti cards.

> Dollar symbol after the dollar amount, where the subcurrency symbol should be.

What did he mean by this?

that he's from europe

well they don't do it with the e symbol but they do do this

Attached: EKFf81pi.jpg (650x650, 67K)

Up until recently it was expected for new products to be much better. Moore’s law and all. Remember that 1991-ish was the SNES and 2001 was the GameCube. Deus ex was 2001 and crysis 2007

I honestly have never seen that in Ireland - it might be some Eastern European thing, I dunno.
But it's definitely not normal in the western/Northern places like France/Norway/etc

I WANT TOP OF THE LINE AND DON'T CARE WHAT IT COSTS I WANT THE BEST AND YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

what's wrong, not enough rainbow colored LEDs on it for you faggot?

RTX cards will be significantly stronger once developers start utilizing the new technology that was built in. And also a 50% perfo increase from 1080ti to 2080ti is already pretty strong. You had a much smaller jump between 780ti and 980ti for example

But the 780ti was $699 and 980ti was $649. Now compare that with 1080ti/2080ti prices.

Doesn't it really have RGB shit on it? I think I'm gonna buy it then.

tighter lithography means less successful batches

Favorite part of RTX was my company saw a regression in performance from 1080 to 2080. Probably due to a change in architecture but that was embarrassing for the bean counter types... also that new architecture totally fucked all of our cuda code
>developers are gonna use RTX
Maybe, more realistically not. I’ll let you know when I go to siggraph this year.
>50% increase
HA. Also what’s the price difference again?

And that leads to $300+ higher msrp, right ?

I don't want to defend Nvidia that much, but that kind of shit happens when you let a company go uncontested in certain markets.
Also Turing was a completely new architecture similar to AMDs RDNA now and as such probably cost millions in R&D

more people are also probably willing to pay more now as gaming becomes less casual for more people

You don't need 2080ti to play e-sports games.

1080p 240hz is a thing already

>gets a 100k after tax
>pays 50k rent a year
>pays 10k for healthcare
>has 40k left

>be me
>earn 90k USD
>60k after tax
>5k USD a year for 80m2 appartment, water and electricity.

Yea stay poor amerifat

>2080ti
758sq mm. 18b transistors
>1080ti
471 sq mm. 12b transistors

2080ti is just massive. I wonder what the yield is.

I get 120hz 1440p Dota on a sub 200 dollar card.

Performance, it's the card which will get you pretty good performance at 4K, 60FPS+ in a lot of games, though not all of them. Multi-GPU solutions can be faster but they're a headache.

>for CP77 maybe, hope ampere comes before it
Pretty unlikely I think, especially with a Turing refresh coming out in the next few months and rumors of a 2080 Ti Super coming even later than that.

You can already flash a 380W BIOS on any reference design 2080 Ti, the board and VRMs are more than up to the task. You just need good enough cooling, of course.

>picrelated
Why are nvidia shills so pathetic? Why don't they stand down when they are exposed? Why do they keep shilling despite being btfo every other time?

Attached: LMAO.png (881x3113, 546K)

>Might return mine (still unopened in anticipation of Ryzen) and get the Super if I can.
You can't, 2080 Ti is not getting refreshed right now, only 2060, 2070 and 2080 are. 2080 Ti Super might come at some unknown point in the future.

so 2080 super will just be a 2080ti in terms of performance

No, unlikely. 2080 Super will fall between 2080 and 2080 Ti in performance.

That's why I went ahead and bought it, but now rumour sites are springing the other way.

I don't think it's that advanced. 2080 super is almost certainly going to be less than the 2080 ti, the only question is how much the super cards represent an upgrade from the original 2000 series. Whether it's closer to an overclock of the original or a transitional model between the 2000 and 2100 is the question.

It's not only about 2080ti, every RTX card is overpriced

>but now rumour sites are springing the other way
What rumors? The last rumor I read about came from Tom's Hardware and only contained information about 2060, 2070 and 2080.

Well you can google it but this site is one that went into it
techradar.com/news/nvidia-super-rtx-cards-may-launch-in-july-to-keep-high-end-lead-on-amd

I'd probably sell it if I had one and get a used 570 since i don't need more, but to each their own

Old news and probably inaccurate. Since then we've got detailed specs on the Super cards.
videocardz.com/81046/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-super-series-to-launch-mid-july

That's good to hear, thanks.
How much of a difference does the increase in memory speed make, and is it a hardware improvement or just overclocking? How much of an improvement hardware-wise do you think these prospective specs imply on average, for a possible super 2080 ti?

i have a 1080ti and i preordered the 2080ti but i sent it back because it was only 30% faster and not 100% faster as i expected

I made a mistake and bought it. I'll probably do the same for the 3080 Titanium Super Cuck edition

Because it's one of the best GPUs out there?
This board is trash.

4k 60 fps is not a metric that can be applied to a card. What game specifically? High or ultra settings? Any specific suite of games as measured by any specific testing website? Stock or aftermarket coolers?

People who talk about video cards like they're fucking consoles make me sick
>It can do 4k 60fps!!!!
A $99 video card can play half life 2 in 4k 60fps that doesn't mean fucking shit.

Because 4K HDR 120fps is more demanding than even that card for most games, so there's literally no other card to consider if you want the best right now, and when money obviously isn't an issue.

Chase doesn't mean you caught any of it. Millions of poor morons chase mega millions every week.

When 980ti got released it was one of the best GPUs out there but it didn't cost $1000+.
You are a fucking moron, nigger.

And it also wasn't as powerful.

we live in different times user
>amd can't compete
>mining craze #2 has normalized higher prices
>nvidia is finally aware of its mindshare
>pcmustardrace shills for nvidia more than ever

So with that logic we can expect high-end consumer GPUs to cost around $1500-$2000 in a few years ?

realistically with nvidia's defacto monopoly, yes. I fully expect 3080ti to be $1500+

Yes, because making electronics more powerful takes exponentially more effort with each generation. A $1200 price is more than reasonable.

Why is this so overpriced?

Attached: 3688.jpg (1172x862, 104K)

Because it's 6 generations more advanced

I honestly don't know. The 1080ti TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO retailed for $700. The 2080 offering the same performance:dollar is a fucking slap in the face.

I got a 1080ti for $500 last fall which is what that performance should reasonably cost now. It's genuinely fucking pathetic.

No one is buying them

Attached: NVIDIA-Market-Revenue.jpg (1116x566, 73K)

>be 1400p fag
>forever stuck on a 390
There isnt even a game worth upgrading for.
Most fun i had on Day of infamy that runs on a potatoe

the 5700 XT is supposedly close

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080.png (500x1010, 52K)

previous quarters they were able to sell 900 million dollars worth of mining cards

>18Q1 to 19Q4
Is this a revenue forecast?

because i wanted to spend my money on hookers instead but got humiliated by couple of them for having a small dick. that's why

someone please explain this to me, i do not understand what am i reading