Is void linux a meme? i really began looking into it and it seems good. however...

is void linux a meme? i really began looking into it and it seems good. however, i'm afraid i'm falling for a meme and its actually a waste of time

Attached: boid.png (1200x989, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/xtraeme
github.com/void-linux/void-packages/pull/11895
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Void as in void of lead developer

HA! GOTEEEEEM!!!

Epic post my dude xD

Attached: absolutely EPIC.png (900x675, 1001K)

Thanks for the gold dear stranger

Dead distro, use Arch

why is it considered dead? is the lack of community? lack of development?

If you use your computer for shitposting only, then you're already wasting your time.
If you use your computer for work, and you either don't like tinkering or don't have the time for it, then Void is a waste of time AND money.
Otherwise, it's a nice distro, with a nice package manager, and free of SystemD and Pulseaudio, if that matters to you.

It's a meme, the lead dev ghosted the community and core development team for months, which lead to the core devs to just create a new GitHub org, move things to a new domain, and so on. I believe he's back now though, if that matters to you.

thank you for the answer

He's back, check his github recent commits
github.com/xtraeme

I'd fuck a horse ass

No 64 bit wine in repos and currently impossible to add one.

void is basically arch from 10 years ago, the installer is almost identical to the one arch used to have before the arch devs decided they were too lazy to maintain a simple installer
all of the complaints about void now are the same ones arch used to have
personally I would just say use arch because they're comparable but there's so much more momentum behind arch and support as well, it always pays to use a more popular distro
but void is cool, some of the devs are pretty gay but overall the project is cool

Yes it is you fucking shill

Attached: Bronies, this is your mindset.png (307x157, 28K)

also the kinds of niche problems you can have running a rolling release tiny distro are absolutely nightmarish and can waste a huge amount of time when some weird package interaction that the devs didn't know how to deal with comes up, some things that go wrong will go wrong for only you and that can fuck up a whole week. but it's been a while since I used a really niche distro so maybe that doesn't happen like it used to.

>void is basically arch from 10 years ago
>personally I would just say use arch

Personally I haven't had any issue at all on Void. I've been running it for months and the only issues I've had were upstream issues that also affected Arch (I use both on the same system).
So idk what the fuck you're talking about shill.

Same here. Running since a year.
Once it runs, zero issues.

Arch is great if you want to get pozzed by your package manager. I bet I could throw up extra code inside some common packages and no one would be any wiser.

arch is systemDicked.
no problem on void, used for more than a year, dropped it only because OpenBaSeD is even more cuckless and alpha-male oriented

what I'm talking about is that void is built exactly the same way arch used to be, init and all
if you knew anything about either distro that would have been obvious but since you're already dropping shill memes I can see that's not the case

How usable is the musl version these days?

Any compatibility issues?

Another 1 year Void user here, no issues so far, that's in part thanks to having minimal needs (no wine, no games, no Gnome/KDE, no huge/complex programs that pull a lot of dependencies, etc), so I end up with a very small and quite stable operating system.
Consider one of the few possible improvements over Void one can do (in the sane path of minimalism) it's migrating to OpenBSD. This express well what I think about this distro, and the Linux world in general.

Attached: spiderman_get_in_the_van.jpg (500x357, 145K)

Second this.

bsd is gay bruv

everything else that don't use deb /rpm are meme

That's FreeBSD, and not forget that GNU/Linux are also gay bruv

Attached: CoCked-Linus.jpg (640x427, 21K)

Linux is a kernel.

it's a waste of time.
if you want to be somewhat productive install ubuntu budgie and call it a day.

Just cause Luke uses it doesn't mean you need to retard.

so you keep saying

anything not debian, ubuntu, rhel/centos/fedora is a meme.

It's a good distro. Good package manager, good init system, just as customizable as anything else.

Good community too, but unfortunately after the forums went down they're currently at reddit for the community forum experience.

I use it on my desktop and laptop. It just works.

nice backtracking over there, shill

github.com/void-linux/void-packages/pull/11895
It's coming! Although why do you need wine? Just use Lutris for gaymen

??? Lutris uses wine user

Lutris packs it's own special 64 bit wine binaries.

> some of the devs are pretty gay
The devs are soi-ridden to an extreme degree. Some of their posts on reddit are hilarious.
It's still the best binary Linux distro around.

Hypothetically speaking, if Jow Forums were to create a Void repo/overlay, what packages should be added?

systemd