No more comfy skeuomorphic design makes me so sad. Looking at this brings me back to a better time in my life

No more comfy skeuomorphic design makes me so sad. Looking at this brings me back to a better time in my life.

Attached: 737C18ED-75B4-4833-AB8B-52EE055BA83F.jpg (640x960, 108K)

>comfy
>skeuomorphic
pick one

I remember that even then I thought it was ugly af

Look at all that unnecessary information. Flatness is actually a humanist improvement, you ingrates.

It was fucking beautiful.

nigga just change your icons, lmao

only pajeets like design like that, prove me wrong

Why does everyone hate this so much? It fucking looks better. Everything is flat and soulless now.

>The problem with all these email and clock and calendar apps is that they have no soul!
>Quickly, add more cartoon characters and cutesy language in the error messages!
you are the cancer killing technology

> glossy candy/glass meme from the late 00s
No. Skeumorphism is a meme whenever you take it past granting affordance cues and blindingly hating simplified design is contrarian folly.

This gives me nightmares.

Attached: Screen Shot 2011-07-13 at 12.31.15 PM.png (886x478, 127K)

It looks hideous, it always did and always will. Win7's skeuomorphic designs were a lot better, though.

>makes me so sad
nigga its just tiny pictures on your phone whats wrong with you

Attached: really.jpg (250x250, 8K)

Oh wow you posted a smug cat. Sure showed him.

I don't really miss the complexity of the textures, but the way light worked in UI back then. Look at how these icons are much lighter at the top, because light comes from the top. And there's even a glass-like effect with that light half-circle.
In today's design, having a simple gradient is considered "risky", "sensory overload inducing".
The fuck.

> skeuomorph
>n. an object or feature which imitates the design of a similar artefact made from another material

There is no reason for a computer interface, which takes place entirely on a flat screen, to simulate "light coming from the top".

fuck lmao

There is. Even material design is based on that, although it only uses the light to cast shadows.
The subtle hint of order and depth is important and why even today, nobody (that can afford designers) goes full flat.

The difference is that gradients do not communicate depth. Shadows do, which is why they are used. And usually it is better not to simulate the light coming from the top, but instead from straight-on, i.e. the user's viewpoint. In no way should the shadows ever try to convey realistic lighting.

Attached: 1559923039179.jpg (640x427, 58K)

Attached: 1556093600335.png (400x1650, 367K)

ya rly, consider the following:
> The clock icon is detailed but doesn't give the time
Is the weather and calendar also static? Why would you show useless information like that?
> Photos
Why is it a sunflower?
> Newsstand
Is it supposed to dynamically fill with your subscriptions? If the title wasn't under it, it would be really hard to realize what it's supposed to be about. A folded newspaper, a bin with magazines, or even a paperboy would make better icons.
> YouTube
Why is it an old timey television? I know tube used to be slang for TV, but at least put the logo on it or make it red or something, people don't usually associate watching TV with watching clips online, much less back then.

Faenza and its derivatives are the best icons full stop.

I would think that the future should simply involve greater cutomisability when it comes to these things. If iPhone let us use icon packs of some sort, even to buy them in the app store, that would be wonderful.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh fuck I'll never use a proper interface ever again

Attached: 4L_EQtzerfr.png (680x708, 387K)

>icon packs
fuck outta here you ricer shit

I'm just over the ios7 design. I didn't like it much when it came out and it's far overstayed its welcome. Same thing with Material which has become an abomination

Obvious troll is obvious but Jow Forums is so up their own ass this got more than one response at all