So, what kind of CV maker does Jow Forums use? Or how do you create yours?

So, what kind of CV maker does Jow Forums use? Or how do you create yours?

Attached: 1502036939735.jpg (1197x1228, 695K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jsonresume.org/
github.com/enfiskutensykkel/cv
github.com/DennisYurichev/RE-for-beginners
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

jsonresume.org/

you create your cv by going out and doing the work, work, work and diligent studying.
then you fill a piece of paper in a format that shows you're not an idiot

What?

my resume is currently done in scribus with a 2 column layout; considering switching over to publisher though
word is good if you just want a simple one column, just don't be retarded with formatting
also for the love of fucking god do not put in a bio section; let your work speak for you

Simple Writer/Word document, black and white (plus blue for hyperlinks, but that's added by the word processor).

I use formatting to divide section (bigger font size + underline = start of new section).

Two page, and as I progress I take off things that have become less relevant.

No complaints so far, actually it's been appreciated.

(note: I was actually hired with that CV)

microsoft word

>not writing your CV in Texmaker

What's a CV

Attached: 1543732977231.jpg (400x400, 36K)

latex
anything else and you won't ever get the job

>t. neet

Corporeal Vagina

Cute Feet

Cat Video

He means it's not about form it's about content.
t. CV reader

Europass format. It's shit but it doesn't matter since that's what they require usually.

did you just assume xits gender?

I've send out multiple fake and real resume's. And I've found there is no correlation between the contents of my resume and how many interviews I get.

Cringe

>tfw the cv i create for others get them a job in literally 5 minutes of dropping it off but I can't land one to save my life with mine.
Fucking typical.
I just do them in word after grabbing any old template i find online and tweak it a little, my uncle who does heavy duty pool installs (olympic/oil baron) has job history and a qr code linking to a dropbox full of photos of their work, its a real crowd pleaser.

because that's the point of cv show off what you did, not "i know arch linux, fedora linux, a bit of gentoo, experience with word and excel"

>So, what kind of CV maker does Jow Forums use?
LaTeX

Yes, I know. I'm extremely simple to doxx.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-17_21-43-08.png (798x1121, 466K)

But the real joke about that is anytime i get these useless sacks of shit you have to go see for neetbux trying to tell me how to improve my cv they always want to add stupid shit like a personal statement and all the hobbies and other useless crap which, I found once i completely ignored them I had a more streamlined cv with increased interest though obviously nothing came of it, works wonders for everyone else though.
I still have a copy of his original one and it has all that stuff in there not to mention the cvs of everyone else i've done it for.
Pretty much never ever take advice about your cv from someone who gets paid to give it out, they're a fraud.

Give template.

Imagine the smell. *sniffs*

my CV is literally a .txt file formatted to 80 characters wide for backward compatibility with older monitors
if the content of your CV is good, the format does not matter

I only have it on my github with my full name, but it should be fairly easy to find I think. If you're completely unable, I'll post github.

I work as a book printer at the library.
Is LaTeX good for formatting extremely long texts, or is it meant for shorter documents?

You're the Oslo guy who got in an argument here months ago where a guy used your own paper against you. What are you doing here?

MS Word or LBO Writer.
>Cute Feet
And nice ass.
I'm trying to.

Attached: just imagine.jpg (791x452, 313K)

I don't want your personal info just the template upload it to hastebin or something.

Out of curiosity, what's your job and how much do you make?

Kek

MS Word just werks

I really like this template

I've used it for both journal papers and my master thesis, both considerably long documents. It works great for that, but you need a special kind of autism that only computer scientists and maybe mathematicians have to actually enjoy LaTeX. I use it because it's fairly common in my academic field, and people provide templates for it and stuff. I guess there are other tools that would probably be better suited.

Lol, I didn't know anyone would remember that. I'm just procrastinating tbqh.

It's multiple files and it's not so much a template as I just hacked it together. But fine, anons:
github.com/enfiskutensykkel/cv

based and TeXpilled

*SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*
AHHHHHH
*SNNNFFF SNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT*
MMMMMMMMMMM
*SHLP SHLLLP SHLLLLLP*
MM MPPFFF MPFFFHHMHMHM
*SHLP SNRRRRRRT*

thanks

Thanks.

Not that guy but this reverse engineering book is made using latex and is over 1000 pages long.
github.com/DennisYurichev/RE-for-beginners
Compiling it while simple, was annoying. Likely because I'm not a latex autist.

I already had found you, still thanks

I'd post my CV but I don't want to link my deviantart.

Attached: feet71.jpg (618x614, 144K)

Why are you here?

Procrastinating, I guess. Why do you ask?

I have 4 sections on my resume: Education, Experience, Projects, and Skills.
What order should they be in?

My career counselor says Education first then Skills - that way the list of skills is the first thing a person see when looking at your resume.
Every "career" blog says Education, Experience, Skills. Even my boomer grandfather says this.

Well, Jow Forums?

GS-9 pay scale, working for a company that does government contracts (I'm their "ooh this project needs computers wtf do we do" guy).
It's not a LOT, but I get to keep almost all of it since I spend half my time traveling and you get lodging and food paid for while you're away from home. Good benefits too.

What's the most relevant? What's the newest? If you have relevant experience, then that goes first. Otherwise, if you're just graduated and only have less relevant experience, then education first.

Either education - experience - skills - project, or experience - education - skills - projects.

>GS-9 pay scale
What does that mean, if you don't mind explaining for us for non-americans?

anywhere from 45-55 thousand
like I said, not a lot, but there are tons of hidden benefits that I don't have to pay for.

I see. Well, I think salary alone doesn't say a lot without the context of cost of living and housing costs.

Catgurl Vagene

These things are not proof that you aren't an idiot.

>idiot thinks his laundry list of work history makes him not an idiot.

This so much

Experience should be first unless you don't actually have anything relevant in there.
Education should go next. It's short anyway.
Then projects, then skills.

curriculum vitae

W-why would someone like you be here?

Why you posted again? Now I wanna

Attached: redpickup.jpg (500x662, 141K)

Why did I guess in advance the weeb wouldn't know?

I wrote my CV in TeXMaker but then some piece of shit recruiter didnt manage to slurp the CV into their system and complained.