WSL 2 forces your entire Windows system to run under virtualization

>Why does Hyper-V requires a reboot?
>Once enabled, your host operation system is also under virtualization and control of the hypervisor.

Attached: lmao.gif (640x360, 803K)

Other urls found in this thread:

superuser.com/a/905952
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is old news, thats how you run docker

>You need to disable Hyper-V to launch FACEIT AC
>It is not possible to use the ESEA client while Hypervisor is enabled

Attached: ohnonono.gif (252x240, 98K)

Your entire OS is already virtualized under Intell ME.

Consider using a HyperVisor Type 2 seeing as how that's what you want despite installing a Type 1 Hyper Visor.

you can't, WSL 2 requires hyper-v to run

Are you kidding me? Dropped like a hot rock

ABSOLUTE STATE OF WINKEKERY

fuck I feel retarded, last year I had hyperv enabled and I reinstalled windows because my mouse was suddenly really floaty on overwatch and other games
i can't think of any other reason since it was a fairly new setup
could that also be the reason why premiere was crashing so much?

*buys pci card and cheats anyways*

whats ms' satanichia? because microdicks just got btfo

wtf

Ahahahah this can't be true. Lmfao

I'm brainlet who knows 0 about virtualization. Can you explain it in a simple words for a subhuman like me?

its literally fucking nothing.
Hyper-V hypervisor is already running jf you have Device Encryption or Credential Guard enabled, or are running an UEFI system fresh installed after 1607 on a system with Virtualization and SecureBoot enabled amd your device doesn't require non-WHQL drivers.

Yeah man don't worry it's just your entire pc running inside a virtual machine and another layer fucking with latency and giving hourly BSOD's. Dun worre pal

up to 2% of normal consumers are running Hyper-V for HVCI without even knowing it.

and 100% of windows users are retarded

>>>>CS:GO
>>>>>>>>in 1999+20

I don't even have a GPU. Just imagining the neets getting desperate when they can't use wsl and game without penalties in the same pc.

itt brainlets

yeah yeah, sure user. we believe you definitely don't play CS:GO and definitely don't know what FACEIT and ESEA are because you've never played them. also i find it hard to believe someone who uses WSL would also game, to that person games would be manchildren's toys anyway.

i play cs and use wsl to ssh into my web server

but why though, when the superior CS:S exists or the inferior 1.6 even?

Oh shit source?

dont kid yourself old man

oh shit source indeed. 1.6 boomers and GO zoomers SEETHE at the thought of source and it's hilarious. clear visuals, punchy weapon sounds and bunnyhopping abilities make source the best of the trio

This is retardation on FACEIT and ESEA's part

what's retarded about that?
sure people have still used hypervisors to cheat but at least there's a gate they have to go around

No, it's not. If the client runs on a VM it's game over. Yes there are other ways to cheat but that doesn't mean you should make it easier.
Unless somebody comes up with a ML/AI anti-cheat that can actually learn. Valve is trying and combined with other strategies like layers of trust is a good start. But we are decades away from a real solution, if that could even exist.
Not OP but I heard the same thing on HN. What a shit show.

>Microsofts solution to the abysmal WSL implementation is to turn windows into a glorified VMware ESXi box
maximum keks

It's retarded because you could be using a standard Windows feature and basically not be able to play because technically your Windows is running in a hypervisor and not know it
Most any-cheat systems are such bullshit it's unreal, using undocumented kernel space calls and then people proceed to bitch at MS when MS makes a change

1.6 is superior to both.

This can't be real.

Attached: 1545876345176.jpg (1209x756, 460K)

It's completely fair
And the client will tell you if something is wrong

Attached: 1552625215104.png (865x810, 41K)

this, 2% of people are already running a hypervisor without knowing.
For an AC to request disabling an OS security feature is a very dubious move.

>I want to eat, regurgitate, have, fuck, and sell, the fucking cake

>no ext4
Why bother booting it up

>walls made out of literal paper
>grenades that ignore walls
>having to individually buy ammo for every weapon making the total cost more expensive
Yeah, I don't think so, boomie woomie.

>While at first we were quite excited about the prospects of WSL2 when hearing it was going to address the I/O bottleneck that plagued WSL1, unfortunately, after testing we are not all that enthusiastic. At least for now, WSL2 seems to run into much lower performance in real CPU/system workloads compared to WSL1 while at least the I/O performance is in better standing.
I'M FUCKING DYING HOW CAN YOU GET THIS BTFO BY YOURSELF

>hyper-v is short for hypervisor

Attached: RoxwyQE9_400x400.jpg (200x200, 9K)

>>walls made out of literal paper
more wallbang spots to learn
>>grenades that ignore walls
doesnt really affect gameplay
>>having to individually buy ammo for every weapon making the total cost more expensive
deeper economy

also, source removed all movement skill from the game

can you gs/sgs/bgs in source? i think not.

Lmfao you can't make this shit up

OH FFS WILL SOMEONE POST A SOURCE???

>not just using linux to begin with

Attached: 134525e352345234.jpg (480x368, 70K)

>>>walls made out of literal paper
>more wallbang spots to learn
haha man i sure do love getting shot through the fucking walls and have no choice but to die
>>>grenades that ignore walls
>doesnt really affect gameplay
how the fuck does this not affect gameplay? i can be standing right behind an object and i'll still take damage for it, in a game where you can't recover health
>>>having to individually buy ammo for every weapon making the total cost more expensive
>deeper economy
deciding how much ammo you want to buy isn't really deep at all when you just make keybinds with primammo; to buy 60 bullets with your M4/AK anyway
>also, source removed all movement skill from the game
>can you gs/sgs/bgs in source? i think not.
fair point

since nobody is going to help heres the least complicated answer i found

>Hyper-V is installed beneath the operating system. The host OS itself becomes a virtual machine. This change is transparent to users and applications because the host can continue to access the hardware directly.
superuser.com/a/905952

Home version also gets hyperv now to use it, which at this point its crazy they dont give you bitlocker as well if not shitcan home altogether

they do give device encryption, which is bitlocker except your passcode is sent and saved on ms servers

but did you frost it with your butt?

>>The host OS itself becomes a virtual machine
install Qubes OS

Attached: kek.jpg (517x768, 331K)

blue pill attack

Or you could just buy the Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display instead.

No.

>BSOD's
What fucking year is this?

>das gif
literally me, day to day

Attached: 1548479243409.jpg (960x638, 143K)

MMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM

FUCK anticheat systems and FUCK devs forcing my computer to work against me. They ought to buy hundreds of servers and compute the anti cheat post-factum if they're so big.

dont like it? then dont play

Of course I'm not gonna fucking play, I haven't bought anything off steam for 7 years, and nothing off 3rd party sites for 4 years. Valve are a collection of lazy morons, wonder how they still exist.

then why even complain

I'd be more motivated to create undetectable cheats to shit on them.

Because people are fine with this, meaning other companies will gladly follow. Fuck anticheat, we never had problems in late 90s early 2000s, we had actual admins.

He complained about forced anti-cheat that fucks up he's machine. This is worth complaining about.

Game makers should give dedicated servers like counter strike 1.6, minecraft, diablo 2.. Not force SaaS. Fuck the corporations. Fuck the executive. All love to slave devs. Speak out.

>had hypervisor errors while playing Monster Hunter
>assume it's just the hilariously shitty port being awful, maybe somehow related to DRM
>looks at VMs
Well, shit. Good to know.

>game so shit you need a separate client to take over your pc just to play
Kek

>no source
>Jow Forums bites it anyway

>Novidya drivers go full nope because they automatically reject VMs
Can't wait

I have never seen this
>googles
welp, turns out its totally hidden from you if your not correctly setup for it, and to find out whats wrong you have to run the old timey "system info" program as admin.
wtf, thanks a lot for the needlessly do the needful secret features, pajeet.