Fucking why? Literally worse than using Imperial Units

Fucking why? Literally worse than using Imperial Units

Attached: images.png (600x284, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity#History
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The US was the first country with electricity available and at the time with DC power around 110V just became sort've the norm
When the US got its power it was still very early for electrical distribution in general, we where still fighting out between AC and DC and it wasn't until later was it realized that a higher voltage would help distribution

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity#History

But a lot of countries used to have mains power around the 100v span but now run at around 200v.

That's because most of those countries never even had power when the US was fighting between AC and DC.

Fucking why not?

>But a lot of countries used to have mains power around the 100v span but now run at around 200v.
The US infrastructure wasn't destroyed in a massive nearly decade long war.

The country is big and has shit infrastructure in general.

No, but there was a lot of infighting in the industry and DC infrastructure wasn't easy to overhaul with AC.

The thing you ignore like a retard is that America had DC electricity in a time where every other country didn't even have electrical infrastructure, let alone DC telegraph lines. So Europe was already a blank slate to have 120 V AC installed, until it was decided after the Great Depression to just increase the voltage to 240 V AC.

Also,

The US is weird like that
We don't give up anything if it means breaking an existing standard
First it was 110V but it was slowly raised to 120V which helped things but more importantly it wasn't a big enough jump to cause issues with most existing 110V appliances
In TV, color had to be shoehorned into NTSC because they didn't want to break compatibility with existing black and white TVs even if it meant the color would be shit
When Digital TV came around there was a huge government program to make sure people's old analog TVs could still get over the air TV with coupons for converter boxes
The US is also one of the only countries who allow you to still use papar money as legal tender even if 100 years old, everyone else has to exchange in old money for new money from time to time

>The US is also one of the only countries who allow you to still use papar money as legal tender even if 100 years old, everyone else has to exchange in old money for new money from time to time
That's because of the number of historic & unsolved robberies, owing to America's high crime rate since the end of the Civil War.

You probably already get 240V anyhow, you just need to rewire your outlets. Hell I think they're creating a backward compatible American 240v socket soon to end this shit once and for all.

>Implying America doesn't have 240V already
They do; it's for larger appliances like oven and stove ranges.

>you just need to rewire your outlets
>Standard US outlets are fed 240 V
>Users plug in 120 V appliances
Wow... It's like you have no education whatsoever, let alone an education in electrical engineering.

I said that though. Most outlets in an American home are still the stupid 3 prong that only supply 120v

That's because most appliances in America use 3-phase 120 V AC and will burn out at 240 V.

>will burn out at 240v

doubtful.

>3-phase 120 V AC
Doesn't exist in a house hold
The 3 wires in a US appliance is for hot, neutral and ground

US households are supplied 3 phases each at 120V. Normal outlets use only 1 phase with 1 hot, 1 neutral, and 1 ground.

240 outlets use 3 phases with 3 hot wires, plus a ground if you wish.

I think you are confused
US houses do not get 3 phase 120V to the panel, even the 240V for your large appliances could be argued that it's not even 2 phase but a split phase

>being a Hzlet

>He thinks appliances designed for 120 V won't burn out when plugged into 240 V
You seriously need to get your head checked.

>he doesn't have 400 V socket at home
lmaoing @ american "electricity"

Attached: 13-3-9610083.jpg (1198x674, 114K)

Everything I plug into the wall in the US works, right? Why the fuck would I ever care except when I take my things to a 220v country? The only thing I ever had a problem with was my Playstation 2. Literally everything else I ever plugged in had a switching power supply including the Playstation 3 I obtained in the 220v country and took back to the US.

this
even cheap chinkshit chargers can handle anywhere between 100-220v

actual appliances like fridges and dishwashers and stoves? maybe
but anything else? not a chance dude

The US actually uses these lower voltages than the rest of the world because of capitalism
The company that originally was supplying other companies with cable for infrastructure noted that a lower voltage would require more cable meaning more sales so they advocated for 110-120V which they succeeded in and that company doesn't exist anymore

>crime went up when slavery ended
What are you trying to say, user?

>He thinks that 120 V rated hair dryers, TVs and fridges are built to withstand 240 V
You really ARE retarded.

Westinghouse still exists.

You need Italian plug.

>hair dryers won't work
LOL THIS POOR NIGGA HAS NEVER TRAVELLED BEFORE

You need a butt plug connected to 240 V, my wop friend

Imagine being a voltlet

It's not that they don't work; it's that they'll burn out unless you actually have the in-line circutry in your US-to-Euro adapter to drop the voltage down to 120 V.

again, you've never travelled, let alone ever groomed yourself with a hair dryer before
our pocket size hair dryer is rated for 100v-220v, as are most dryers
buy new things fag

That means the appliance has the circuitry to regulate the voltage down to begin with.

Now, let's think about how practical that would be for a fridge, Super Mario. A fridge needs a motor that can run at an explicit voltage and current value. That would mean that your circuitry has to be made so that it can allow for more current, without burning out. In other words, that makes producing such a fridge more expensive.

>Top R&D in the world in all forms of tech
>Invented modern electrical engineering and computing while Europe was busy murdering each other by the millions over monarchy and egos therein
> US electricity cheapest in world
> US doesnt let their senior citizens die by the tens of thousands in summer because their commie governments have a religious hatred of air conditioning
>Seething Europoors say 110v is not a round number so USA must suck

I've never understood why Eurotrash are still so bitter because we stopped them all from speaking either Russian or German. Twice.

suck my testies
oh yes
yummy yumy testies

Attached: bump.png (389x385, 329K)

When you actually invent something, then you can get to name the measurements
Until then, sit down and let the real innovators do shit, Hans

Fucking zoomers throwing out everything that literally works fine just to consume new shit.

Literally the only things that have 100~250V power supplies are things that fit into my hand.
All my larger appliances like my microwave, fridge, tumble washer, AC all run on either 110V or 240V. Fridge, washer, AC have DC Inverters and are still set voltage.

Fucking LED light bulbs only recently have become full range 100~250V. Plenty of ones being sold now still run on either 110 or 240.

My Panasonic Ionizing folding travel hair dryer is still 110V 50/60hz only. I use it at home, it works in Japan, it works in the states, I have no need to toss it out to specifically get a full range one because I don't visit third world shit holes nor do I go visit mud slime europe.

i literally specified fridges in the first post dummy

Dude when you go places hotels always provide in room hair dryers, it’s not a concern
Anything that would matter already uses a switching supply that will work on anything you’ll run into so why care in the first place what’s getting shit into the power brick of your x220 shitposting machine

t. Europoor who has only been to the US and Europe.
Fucking stupid faggot. We have 120v here in South America too.

This. Every house has 480v even if you go on both cycles.

Only in monkey countries. Based countries like Chile use proper 230v.

>calling other people zoomers
>own a hairdryer

>he doesn't have a 500kv line going directly into his house

Attached: 1.jpg (780x450, 421K)

Japan uses 100v

It is because of safety reasons back when infrastructure for electricity was being setup (1880-1910s). The USA didn't get wrecked by two World Wars so it has ton of legacy intrastrucutre still hanging around.

It is the same reason why Imperial system persists in the USA. The cost of conversion is too high and not the worth the benefits.

Actually whats the difference other than MOAR VOLTS if your appliances work?

That explains why Canada's cucked.

>Switch over to metric
>Still uses 120 V
>The cost of gasoline is over $6.20 per gallon
>Translates to $1.15 a liter

It's all a Jewish ruse to make you think you're spending less, so that you spend more. And most countries fell for it!

Less life for your components, making your appliance more prone to burning out.

user. The manufacturing and technology industries in the US uses Metric. It's only when it reaches consumer markets that things are converted to Imperial

It is the same story for Canada. They are also heavily tied to USA. The only reason Canada was able to convert to metric is because until the 20th century. Canada was backwards dominion of the British Empire. They didn't have tons of legacy infrastructure to content with. It wasn't cost and time prohibitive.

Japan is 100V
Europoors need to seriously fuck off, the most technologically advanced nations have lower voltage

Actually, the only thing the world can complain about is how the electrical infrastructure of the Western half of the US sits on a floating ground, instead of actually being tied to a proper earth ground.

When you have hair down to your thighs, you need a hair dryer, or you'll have other complications. Fucking zoomer dykes.