Jow Forums roasted this kid and said he was a liar/fraud and was just autistic

>Jow Forums roasted this kid and said he was a liar/fraud and was just autistic
>Currently is doing ML/AI research after completing his Internship at Deloitte and Apple and is writing his PhD thesis

Took years, but Jow Forums is literally BTFO

Attached: santiago.png (628x347, 467K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slgonzalez.com/research/
scholar.google.com/citations?user=4hBdee8AAAAJ&hl=en
arxiv.org/search/cs?searchtype=author&query=Gonzalez, S
isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/graphics/
youtu.be/OlqU_JMTzd4
youtube.com/watch?v=XWny9lZ9fM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we have all been awkward as fuck teenagers
luckily for us the internet was in a different state back then
(or we were clever/lucky enough to dodge TV interviews)

>Currently is doing ML/AI research after

Am I supposed to be impressed?

based kid btfoing Jow Forums like everybody who knows anything about tech eventually does

COPE

another brainlet researching useless ways to play atari 56 games

You can learn ML/AI shit in PyThOn from a “for dummies” book and YouTube shit. Not fucking impressed.

Take it you never worked with Ethnic symbols at a job user. People who made the news like this are brain dead morons handled dumb tasks that may eventually lead them somewhere but overall their position is just paying X per year for an ethnic quota and good PR.

>THIS GUY IS STUPID
>Is doing a PhD in Artificial Intelligence while you shitpost on a Turkmenistani graffiti forum

SEETHING

Attached: 1392437949534.jpg (276x280, 24K)

Found the nigger

the video says he's using objective c as if it was any better.

Have to agree.
The fact that all the so called "deep learning" shit is written in python, is indicative that AI is just a meme.

He wrote a PhD thesis, literally anyone can do that it has basically no requirements to do that. I could write one about anime and it's role in the IT field, doesn't mean shit until accepted by the community and supported/accepted after peer review.

Shit load of PhD's come out of india but they are worthless

Unless he's doing his phd at a prestigious university that means fuckall.
I'm finishing mine too, and you know who else is? Some dipshit from nigeria. Graduate degrees aren't as impressive as they used to be.

user, do you have a PhD?

Give me a few months and any business school in the US and I can have one. Give me a few thousand and I can have one in weeks from india

>B-B-BUT

You wouldn't even get accepted into his university.

We all knew he was going places. The only people that criticized him where autistic neckbeards with no life ambitions.

He was never going anywhere is still isn't. This kid is a fucking faggot who is a total burnout.

Cool. Good for him.

>getting into a nigger university is hard

So jealous and insecure... Yikes!

Which university did you go to then?

>be known on news/world status
>have company with unlimited funds paying you through
>have ethnic card up sleeve
>"Say you'll take this oppressed kid for PhD right? Surely wouldn't want to be a racist and not let a kid genius in!'

I don't think you understand what and why ethnic token kids like this are passed through so often.Sure there are some really smart kids out there who can do this, but to make news/waves like this you got other reasons pushing it

I went to University of Illinois and graduated top of my class so fuck off

So even when larping, you pick a worse university.

He wasn't on the news, he was on a youtube video 6 years ago, when he was 14 (And already in his second year of college)

>have company with unlimited funds paying you through

Source?

>I went to University of Illinois

Attached: 32-320163_christian-girl-laugh-smug-smile-smug-christian-chan.png (1267x1600, 796K)

BTFO

Attached: 1434144344409.jpg (433x419, 49K)

I have a PhD, he's correct.

It's always very weird and cringy to see PhD candidates act like they're already professionals when they've produced nothing of value.

no idea who the op is though so cant comment, plus I didn't pick a minority field like code monkey

>a top 5 uni for CS in US is a degree mill
Glad to see the burnouts on Jow Forums are here in full force.

A lot other genius children and took some guy end up as average grad student

Illinois isn't even top 20 in the US

Any zoomer can do code monkey python shit. He had lots of monry to do it though

slgonzalez.com/research/

Attached: 9648B8C2-E810-4171-8B47-B86F23AEFC75.jpg (1545x1079, 595K)

>LARP
why do trannies keep saying this """word""? why can't they just act normal?

Why do you keep on larping?

>not a single published manuscript
how the fuck do you finish a masters and join a PhD program without publishing one paper? I never really hated the kid, but this baffles me.

That's still a shit load more recognition than most people got, not to mention it's still following him. Colleges in this climate are all for pro anything that shows how not racist they are. What do you think is worth more, having one kids tuition or the press this shit is making for the companies/college pushing this kid through.

He might be actually stupid smart after 6 years of study and what not, but something tells me this is an attention grab for publicity more than it is a child success story grown up

do you keep saying this word because you larp as a woman?

No.

>how the fuck do you finish a masters and join a PhD program without publishing one paper?

PhD thesis, can be written by anyone as stated earlier. It doesn't mean jack shit to the community or anyone until it has gone through peer review processes and validated.

fuck off santiago

>>Is doing a PhD

Yeah. Only retards do PhDs.

Yes. It's a waste of time, and only retards do it.

"Dream in code" kid is OK.
Now if that were "I made a clock and I solder CPUs" kid, I'd be dammed.

not the user you responded to, but University of Illinois really is one of the best CS programs in the US. It's in the top 10 in most US rankings.

So some 14 year old was the newest fake news/clickbait whizkid, got to write a paper and play with computers while being babysat by an apple "genius"?
Where's the link to his PHD so I can review it since I doubt any of his "peers" gave a fuck about some clickbait kid

>Currently is doing ML/AI research
Yea, so, what? Did he publish anything, at least on arxiv? Something useful? Do you know how many students actively do "research"?
>and is writing his PhD thesis
Holy shit! He is graduating for his meme degree and all he does is AI research. What a genius! I thought he'd solve the riemann hypothesis or so

>Thread about ML
>business school
D-do you think they're the only ones handing these out?

As far as the Ph.D. thing goes, it just means he's going to end up teaching courses at a university level, joining Wong and Durpindur in the teacher's lounge. The only practitioners I can think of with a Ph.D. are economists.

>The fact that all the so called "deep learning" shit is written in python, is indicative that AI is just a meme.
This shows just how little you know and how little your opinion is worth.
Python is literally just a wrapper. all of the heavy lifting is done by stupid fast, well-optimized libraries implemented in other languages.
using python to actually design applications is Just a nice convenience that most people take because you wouldn't get a noticeable speedup doing the same thing directly in C / C++.

I know you're just retardposting, but when you truly don't know what the fuck you're talking about like this you should really just keep your mouth shut.

So I assume he already published at least one paper in a reputable venue. Care to share the DOI for it?

plenty of phds end up with high paying jobs in the industry

>As far as the Ph.D. thing goes, it just means he's going to end up teaching courses at a university level, joining Wong and Durpindur in the teacher's lounge. The only practitioners I can think of with a Ph.D. are economists.

Are you retarded? University R&D routinely sells research to bigger companies like google and microsoft. That's why people become professors, to lead research projects with hopes of selling the results for tens of millions. Most CS lecturers are boring as fuck and uninterested because they're there to do research rather than teach

I can't believe people here in this thread are so fucking seething that a kid has surpassed them in all the ways.

such fragile egos

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

scholar.google.com/citations?user=4hBdee8AAAAJ&hl=en

arxiv.org/search/cs?searchtype=author&query=Gonzalez, S

Jealousy in the face of other peoples success has always been a thing, fren.

Attached: pol.jpg (720x576, 46K)

>only one written solely by him
>starts of with "we have"

Yep, he got an adult to write it for him

So, does he have any shit he actually did create or is it solely him being tagged as a co-author?

>ML/AI
Nigga who the fuck cares? Everyone and their mother has already written a paper on it

Attached: using-machine-learning-predict-weather-part-3.png (560x315, 76K)

>only one peer reviewed publication
COPE

He doesn't have to disclose who did what in the article only that he was there during the research and was the lead on something

> conference papers

Not great but not terrible. Pretty good for a young researcher.

That was written by two other people who are well known.

When are you going to link to the ones that you wrote?

>Thousand research with more paper,cites and h index but don't get in the news.
isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/graphics/

>only one written solely by him
>starts of with "we have"

That basically 99.99% of all scientific literature.
What matters is that's he's the first author.

pony cv guy is better than 99.999% Jow Forums and better than most C.S research.

The guy give Ted talks.

Attached: 134E3A99-23C4-4C5A-8D74-BEA755A27CA5.jpg (487x630, 71K)

I'm not going to doxx myself, user.

Anyway, as someone who has been a PHD advisor, I'll say this: PHD candidates are desperate fucks to get published. If you told the average candidate "put down Jafar the great Elephant wizard man and you'll get a guarnatee publish but look like an idiot", they'll do it.

The kid is nothing special - it's not different to the "whizkid" in England who was 10 and built a computer himself which... turned out he just had his parents pick out the parts and he watched them put it together and the newspapers caught onto shit.

There's a reason nowhere is hiring him after his two shitty internships. Because he's a marketing gimmick

No, what matters is he hasn't been reviewed and probably be because he hasn't the balls to get peer reviewed because he'd be laughed at

>b-but muh (((peer review)))
youtu.be/OlqU_JMTzd4

Attached: brainlet 3.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>unironically following some random kid's life for years just so you can post "Jow Forums btfo" one day

Lol who's the one wasting their youth slaving away at grad school?

That doesn't answer my question. He completed a MS degree, and only published his masters thesis. You generally should have at least 1 publication from a masters. I'm not even sure why his PhD adviser took him on, the news about him is way too old to capitalize on.

Are you saying that it's a jewish trick to have your peers review your work? I'm honestly baffled that you think a podcast is more trustworthy than experts. Does that mean if I say the sky is red with green polka dots everyone who disagrees with me is jewish? Please explain.

it's not exactly difficult to get a degree but you mustn't be lazy. that poor kid was probably manipulated by his parents to do that shit. good thing he didn't burn out. well, whatever. it's not like it's hard to fuck around with tensorflow anyway. also, you should probably watch this video if you think he was some 1337 hax0r. youtube.com/watch?v=XWny9lZ9fM8
he wasn't bad but he wasn't exactly a prodigy either. i did that shit in php as a kid. media put him on a pedestal to push the coder meme.

>ML/AI research
"Research" on meme learning and ay caramba.
Those 2 topics along with iot/smartphone security are the massive producing machine of papers.
If you want to shit tons and tons of easy papers accepted everywhere regardless the quality, that's where you go.
There are some guys in the lab doing research on ml and all they do is run benchmarks on data... they do the laziest kind of work, they test 10 algorithms, they pick 3, write a paper, send it to some sketchy conferences and go on vacation.
They are the js devs of r&d.

Feels good man that no brainlet is gonna come to digital design r&d.

Attached: 1459469756437.jpg (750x725, 365K)

i did the same thing, seethe harder
i finished a masters in Math and went straight into a PhD in comp sci at a sub-ivy but still prestigious uni with a nice fat fellowship. zero publications

>He completed a MS degree, and only published his masters thesis. You generally should have at least 1 publication from a masters. I'm not even sure why his PhD adviser took him on,
christ you are so fucking clueless

explain. Because if you want to work as a researcher, you WILL publish at least 1 paper during your masters since it looks bad if you apply to a PhD program and have no publications.

But go ahead stupid fuck, explain away.

>(or we were clever/lucky enough to dodge TV interviews)
you didn't dodge shit retard, you never got presented with the opportunity unlike this kid

As your former high school career advisor, I'll say this. The reason you're not posting pictures is that it never happened.

Is there any way us normal people can compete with these fuckers?

Attached: ML PhD.png (493x801, 39K)

unironically this

>>Jow Forums roasted this kid and said he was a liar/fraud and was just autistic
And we were right.

>Chinese
You bet your ass her chink parents deprived her of a childhood and a life outside of academicd.

>ml/ai

so basically he'll never produce anything for 5-10 years?

I'm currently finishing up my PhD thesis in theoretical physics and I'm a dumbfuck. All a PhD requires is time and concentration.

>conference
>master thesis
>workshop
>conference
Who the fuck lists conference contributions, workshops and his Master Thesis as scientific publications?

Can confirm, since I'm a retard and doing a PhD.
Sadly you only realize it was a stupid idea once you're too deep in to pull out anymore.

>blogger @ HuffPost
Who the fuck unironically writes this on their resume?

the kind of people who become bloggers at huffpost

there's lots of people who consider even the most trivial and sometimes shameful shit to be an achievement.
they sometimes make it because they are naturally good at overselling themselves, since they legit can't understand their own value

>Implying all these posters are not Gonzales the beaner himself who is trying to recover from being a joke since age 13

The problem is there are retards knowing only Python "cause its easy and its aesthetic tehee" and call themselves a professional programmer.

And then they cant program in any other language.
Like C/C++, Java.

This is the meme beyond Python.

Normies.

are Jow Forumsentooman such failures that they're supposed to be impressed by a phd?

>Currently is doing ML/AI research
So he dropped out of the IoT thing then?

This will get you banned.

Only HotStorage is ranked A of those.

Conference papers can be worth a lot more than journal papers in CS. For example, publication in SOSP is worth more than any systems journal.

>how the fuck do you finish a masters and join a PhD program without publishing one paper
That's pretty common.

Attached: mods-are-gay-janny-is-a-fag.png (752x453, 130K)

>Conference papers can be worth a lot more than journal papers in CS. For example, publication in SOSP is worth more than any systems journal
Ah, okay, I didn't know that. In my field they aren't worth shit, everyone has like half a dozen of them at the very least anyway after their PhD studies. Only the actually peer reviewed journal papers are of relevance.

But is he based and redpilled? I don't think so.

It obviously depends on the field and how the journals and conferences are ranked, but in my field (HPC) it's mostly common to have a bunch of conference papers and then a single journal paper at the end of the PhD which summarises the entire PhD basically.

This, I have a measured IQ of 97 and even I managed to get through a PhD.

Also, conference papers are peer-reviewed, just to avoid any mistakes about that.