Why do sites insist I disable my ad-blocker, then dish up a bunch of malware and shady "click here to learn more" ads...

Why do sites insist I disable my ad-blocker, then dish up a bunch of malware and shady "click here to learn more" ads? Do websites not review ads before allowing them? I would gladly disable my ad-blocker the day I can be assured the ads won't be a nuisance or try to screw me over.

Attached: no.png (500x574, 77K)

>I would gladly disable my ad-blocker the day I can be assured the ads won't be a nuisance or try to screw me over.
I wouldn't. I'd block the fucking things even if they were static banners with no JS served first party.

>Why do sites insist I disable my ad-blocker
Because they are trying to make money off of you
>then dish up a bunch of malware and shady "click here to learn more" ads
Because those make them more money

because you're stupid and don't use umatrix

>Do websites not review ads before allowing them?
No. They don't care. They only need the revenue to pay for hosting. When they don't get their adbucks they will just bug you with anti-adblock or find some malicious way to force ads.

Ads are psychological warfare.

fucking this

adblocker are a godsent in this day and age.
I'm amazed at how people can cope watching TV or listening to radio.
on radio, every 3 minutes you get bombarded with multiple ads in a row.
TV ads are even worse as there are visual and audio cues, literally designed to program you.

Wild free market.
Let me abuse you. Dont harm the innovation! Dont forget harms competition and gives consumers less choice!

Ads are almost always served by networks, all the sites do is insert some JS. The shadier the site, the shadier the networks (i.e., Jow Forums).

Stage IV autism.

You're as free to block ads as the host is free to block you for blocking ads. The market works.

the spell is already broken
adblocker set me free

The ad could manipulate with words. Make you think something was your idea or shape your memory. It could make you forget or reremember differently.

Marketing is dumbing us all down. Marketing is about creating bubbles not comparison or knowledge. Should be illegal to push on public media. Users should have a choice to go seek marketing material not to get blasted all over face.

I meant in a more broad sense not just ads. Everything.

ok ted

stage vii autism, but also redpilled as fuck

Zoomers dont know. All they know is current era.
Some older folk who were not on the business dont know either about how ads were not about tracking but about shaping minds. Tracking just became added benefit.

And I am free to block their anti-adblock solution. They are then free to obsfucate, I'm free to use predictive algorithms and machine learning to block elements. The arms race continues.

What about those left behind? Their own fault? Free to abuse? What happens when the general population is brainwashed and you are not? Who becomes the crazy one that everyone tries to ignore or tell to fuck off?

The tools are there. Those that continue to reject them allow themselves to be abused. It's like DV.

You think all people should know about everything. Dedicate time and remember. This is impossible. How can someone dedicate their lifes to something if they have to know other things unrelated? Good that I could answer one of the talking points made by these corporations to be parroted by people like you.

Sure, I block ads.
Who knows what crazy dystopian shit amazon will be up to in 20 years

>not wanting to be annoyed by random shit is autism
That other guy is clearly a schizo, but come on.

>Please disable adblock!
>Right click
>Block element
Nothing personnel

Attached: 1534094280922.jpg (600x600, 30K)

Disable yourself, dumb frogposter.

Same. For the longest time, I didn't use blocklists but just added the websites by hand when it became too intrusive. Nowadays every other page is fucking cancer so I just block it everywhere apart from websites where I know it's just one banner at the top and bottom.

Just use Nano Defender in combination with uBlock Origin, or Brave.

I used to turn them off when good sites I genuinely wanted to support had a small unobtrusive 'please consider it so we can pay the bills' notice, but as always the ad cramming-down-of-throats industry ruined it for themselves by being too annoying and aggressive and so now no one gets anything.

>go to adblocker's filter list
>add the anti-adblocker panels there
DEVILISH

>Do websites not review ads before allowing them?
They either don't or they do, but they are 100% okay with serving your shitty clickbait/penis enlargement/fuck hot moms near you types of ads.

>Visit website
>Giant "Please disable adblock" covers the screen
>Turn on element hider
not today

Tools are not enough. General population doesnt know and if they dont know then they will be lead to their doom and the rest that know with them.

Propaganda is banned for a reason.
Drugs are banned for a reason.
Maybe ads and addictive models should face some scrutiny too. (manufacturing, consumables, design, cities, cars, phones, appliances, money, power, abuse, hiding the information, fear tactics used against the few inviduals that know)
Niches can exist for those who seek them out not as an opt-out. Imagine getting drug addiction as a kid or getting fat as a kid or not know abuse.

post tits or stfu

I watched a Youtube video on ad-blocking Spotify in which the guy directs you to his site for relevant links.
Then he has the hypocrisy to block the site until ad-blockers are disabled.
Later in the video a page he visits requests that he disable HIS ad-blocker.

In all seriousness, browsing the web on my mothers ideapad thing is literally impossible without an ad-blocker

>website has ads that can't be blocked
>some of them are malicious
>they appear ~2 seconds delayed to the rest of the website
>they only appear once their "ad spot" is on screen
>when they appear they move everything that's below them down
>keep misclicking on malicious ads all the time

Attached: 1522738100313.png (633x758, 1.83M)

Yeah, and hating on ads is all fine and dandy until you actually host a website.
And then you realize how much more shekels you can make.
And it's even better if you're the one making ads, or you're the one selling shit.

You guys arent a good market, anyway. Compared to stacy and chad, who will happily spend their entire paycheck on a shiny new object the moment the right ad is flashed before them, you guys are negligible.
This is why high tech is a difficult niche to get into compared to teenage girls makeup kits. We block ads and research the hell out of something before buying it. Girls will go offer their buttholes to their sugar daddy in exchange of a makeup pouch 5 minutes after you slap her with a good ad.

Don't hate ads. Embrace them, love them, make them, sell them.
And remember to teach your children not to fall for them.

>*visit site*
>"THIS WEBSITE NEEDS JAVASCRIPT TO RUN"
>*check noscript and temp unblock the site's own url then refresh page*
>"THIS WEBSITE NEEDS JAVASCRIPT TO RUN"
>*14 more urls pop up in noscript*
>*unblock 2 more*
>*10 more urls pop up in noscript*
>"PLEASE, DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCKER."

mfw

Attached: Untitled.png (832x115, 6K)

200% this.

I've not seen an ad on my devices for around 20 years now, that I wasn't able to block with a click of a button. I've seen a few on other people's devices and it is like some fucking nightmare mode 1984 dystopia parody Twilight Zone.

Attached: seen't.gif (498x202, 728K)

This. Consider Bloomberg or Reuters. Both services for the well off to rich people yet the ads they run are the ones with scams about amazing new puzzle. You could see something relevant but no you will have puzzles and cheap wifi tricks. Blame the ad algorithm.

Attached: IMG_0143.jpg (474x680, 48K)

Can i suc toes?

Well today we have worse than ads: paid shills on the internet. Worse because you can't block them, and can't know for sure they really like something or are shilling for money. With india 1.3 billions street shitters (no offense), it's gonna get rampage in the years to come. Only a strong web of thrust would prevent that.

This is only a problem with anonymous boards like the chans.
if this was an account based forum, you could just look at someone's post history and realize in 5 seconds whether he's a shill or not.
But then again, people rarely bother to look at post histories.

Do you have a high rez version of this? I would like to print it.

>people rarely bother to look at post histories
As if.
R*ddit has whole boards dedicated to stalking people whose opinions they don't like.
Most circjerk boards autobahn you if you've ever posted in an outgroup board.

Attached: 1551211048529.gif (367x219, 523K)

>visit site
>no please disable adblock

>popup "my site using cookie"

How to make a reddit meme:
- take irrelevant picture of anime/tv show/cartoon
- slap two lines of text on it so it becomes "relevant" to your topic

They ask you for disable adblock to show you big black fucking cock pop ups

Just block the annoying messages.

Imagine getting an email asking you to disable your email's spam filter and to read every spam email you get.

Blame the EU for that one. I wish websites used a standard tag id for that message so I can just block it globally.

fpbp

They don't have to, though. They just have to know how to search for guides on doing shit

no, they dont

I just use my ad blocker to remove the element telling me to remove my ad blocker.

that image is truly epic
i see you are a fellow connoisseur of r/animemes, good sir