Why ayymd can't make cpu which works with linux without freezing eventually...

why ayymd can't make cpu which works with linux without freezing eventually? i haven't seen a single ryzen which can survive a whole day without freezing.

Attached: 4aeeba0c.jpg (500x500, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/suaefar/ryzen-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This thread was brought to you by:
Non-paid Intel shills

The superglue which they use to glue 4-core CPUs together wears out, and your OS crashes. Simple.

i've literally become a linux wizard because of amdgpu bugs ffs

Attached: 3223583-52.jpg (1366x768, 320K)

Nice security vulnerabilities.

if this is intel shilling, why there is no freezing problems in windows?

Attached: Linux lol.png (615x660, 78K)

Engwish.

My 2600 has been fine. Are you running an unstable overclock?

no overclock on my 1600

offhand, i'd say that was a linux problem, not an AMD problem.

That's why using server grade software for home computing is dumb, just like using server grade 'chiplets' on a home pc.

Early chip? Some of them were buggy, try github.com/suaefar/ryzen-test - if it's faulty, AMD should be happy to replace it. Only an issue on first gen.

Disable C6 state in bios, it fixed these freezing issues for my 1700x

i already checked this before and didn't found switch for c6 in bios. my mb is prime b350-plus.

Pretty sure he is larping. I have 1600 with segfault on compiling and it's still stable. It's only affects software that actually runs, like compiler and can't crash the system. I did had couple of crashes on windows though until i bumped voltage from 1.3125 to 1.325. i'm dualbooting 10 and manjaro.

Oh, that's disappointing. Ah well, cheers.

of course, when you have no problems then nobody else can have

What is your memory configuration?

one 8gb module and bios handles everything

Have you ran memtest? It looks like memory problem than ryzen.

Have you considered that maybe you're just using a shitty distro with crap hardware support?
Cheers.

>BIOS handles everything
Okay found your problem. Who made your board?
No wait let me guess. It's either MSI or Gigabyte.

yes i have ran memtest. windows work ok, it's just linux which freezes randomly.

yes i have. now i'm using opensuse tumbleweed.

asus

What kernel?

Wow, Asus HAS been slipping.
Does your board even have a voltage offset mode? If not, clock in 1.36 in the vcore by yourself and then check what the actual voltage after vdroop ends up as, then correct for vdroop. Should be a lot more stable afterwards. And make sure you do the same for memory voltages especially if you're running an XMP..

>5.1.7-1-default #1 SMP Tue Jun 4 07:56:54 UTC 2019 (55f2451) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Wait isn't that one still in Beta? Definitely not a stable version.

there are some voltages that can be altered on bios but since these freezes are happening on linux only, i'm not going to mess with voltages.

5.1 branch should be stable

Well it worked for me on an MSI. Linux just seems to need more voltage than Windows for whatever reason.
Are you afraid to go out of spec?

i'm just lazy