I need a second opinion on these laptops. They seem pretty up to date...

I need a second opinion on these laptops. They seem pretty up to date, although it seems like a pretty steep price to pay for what you get. They also disabled Intel ME. But are they really worth the $2000 after customization?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2560x1440, 785K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JTN1c1j6V1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

>worth $2000

No.

Buy something similarly specced and upgrade it yourself. Saves tons of money.

Then just install Pop_OS!

>But are they really worth the $2000 after customization?
No, this shit is overpriced as fuck.

No, only Apple can get away with selling overpriced computers with a custom OS

Have any recommendations? The only other laptops that can disable ME are the really outdated thinkpads, and as for Pop its basically a meme compared to other distros out there.

Disabling Intel ME alone is worth $1000 in my book.

>disabled Intel ME
Lol. They didn't.

they have not completely disabled intel ME 100%
you must buy an old core duo if u want it 100% disabled
as long as its not 100% disabled youre running propriatary shit nigger

they're a chinese OEM brand with linux pre installed for an extra $400, just buy a Clevo and cut out the middle man. better yet - don't buy an obscure chinese laptop with known build quality issues

Oy vey

system76 marketing team pls go, nobody wants your shitty laptops

Pretty based vid IMO m.youtube.com/watch?v=JTN1c1j6V1s

At least I get paid to post, how much are you making my friend?

Why is the creator of Linux posting a review for his own operating system??

350k a year... you?

Dafuq, I’m not the creator, nor is LtT...

Wait, why would they even use Intel?

You can actually configure your setup on their side. But just build it your own.. They are way to expensive...

350k rupees converted USD is only a little over $5000, I feel sorry for you user.

I deffinatly make more than that

Rebadged Clevos with an insane markup. Just buy a Clevo from a direct reseller.

Got you triggered hm? :>
It’s actually euros, so ~

Don't let money define you man!

>deffinatly

This.
They say "Made in Denver." But that just means that's where they re-badge the Clevo they bought from China.
Alienware did the same thing with Clevo AFAIK.

Yes, ye rattled my wage slave bones.

But going on the premise you do make that much. Which laptop would you recommend?

Laptops are much harder honestly speaking. You will need to buy a clone of their laptop from clevo and then flash their BIOS.

Only went ME_Cleaner. To truly disable ME you need to stop the watchdog.

It called it 'neutralized'. To an extent yes, since the network stack is removed.

>old core duo
First generation Core i series can have ME fully disabled if the chipset is using Ignition firmware.

X200 + Libreboot + SSD + RAM upgrade to 8GB + $500 = comfy and reliable daily driver with ME fucked to oblivion

And by this fucked equation, I obviously mean that all of this will cost around $500, less if you get a solid deal on the X200.

I had one in the 2000s, mechanical build quality was pure shit. Not worth the asking price at all.