Help me please, I think I bricked my CPU

>got a new cooler and NT-H1
>replace my old cooler, apply the paste, pc won't boot
>reconnected the cables and tried again, this time it started rebooting every 3 seconds nonstop until I turned off the PSU switch.
>took it apart to see wtf happened and saw this
what's that gooey shit under the processor? Is it melted?

Attached: Chip.png (1080x2160, 3.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=zuc371F4d0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based retard

That's the internal coolant paste, you morons blew the lid off.

Attached: chernobyl_paul_ritter_as_anatoly_dyatlov_1236061.jpg (640x360, 25K)

post more pics so I can save them in my hardware cringe compilation

>delid
>clean
>apply paste
>test again

That's what you get for buying Incel.

Lmaooooo

Also check if you don't have paste on your motherboard CPU pins

how did you fuck up this bad? what exactly did you do? describe more precisely what you actually did because you did something really retarded

>Incel chip
It's a sign from God telling you to switch to AyyMD

Oh shit there's some lint in my motherboard's CPU socket, I can see it stuck on the pins
lemme brush it off, reapply the paste, reset the heatsink and try again. Fucking hate this shit lol

Eww, that's gross.
Apply pesticide to kill off the growth.

>brush it off
Moron. Get a q-tip, pull the cotton so it's softer and spin it around the pins rapidly. Don't apply alcohol to the socket itself, there's a percentage of water inside.

How auld?

It's fucked, your CPU cooler has crushed some of the thermoconductor out from under the lid. Don't do that.

OP post more pics you can't tease us like this you faggay

Unless you've got 99.9% isopropyl.

With only 0.01% water, it's pretty safe to use wherever

I bet you OP has 75% ethyl

What the fuck? Is this true?

zoomer

post more pictures you dumb fuck

you need to smash it and totally destroy the l3 cache so the feds don't find your

Of course it is. How the fuck do you think the heat gets from the silicon to the lid? The die is nowhere near thick enough to reach to the lid by itself.

Ok just noticed one of these transistor things on my motherboard looks all burned up, what the fuck?

Attached: it looks burnt.png (1080x2160, 1.64M)

>transistor things
lol, that's vrm and it can look like that under normal conditions. your cpu is what's likely fucked. post more pictures.

wat teh fuck? Did you tighten the cooler all the way until this happened?

Are you literally retarded? How hard can it be to change a fucking heatsink?

Dude I've done this dozens of times when I routinely clean my pc
I think I fucked it this time and crushed the chip and released those fluids I dunno how, I was real cautious. It was a hyper 212 black

I tightened it until it "popped" like the manual said.

> over tensioned cooler damage
I don't know what's worse, this or the die crumbling on the old naked AYYMD chips.

You have no absolutely business removing the lid from a PC user.

Here's another angle of the chip

Attached: Chip.jpg (2576x1671, 783K)

post more pictures holy shit. take a picture of the pins of the cpu and a clear shot of the motherboard cpu slot. you need to post more pictures if you want real help. you got way more attention than you deserved because you likely ruined your cpu and possibly motherboard.

What lid are you on about? That silver thing is the clasp that mounts the cpu to the motherboard.

Different coolers have different mounting pressures.... You can't just apply the same amount of revolutions for any coolers.

If it doesn't boot, you could've cracked your cpu die OR if you're lucky, the substrate is warped such that the bottom doesn't contact the pins properly. In the case of warped substrate, you can bend the chip back until its straight and it should work.

>Not thick enough
T. Dielet

tsk tsk tsk what a buffoon look at the paste flowing from inside

Yeah I'm posting, it's not that fast on my shitty chinkphone with gcam. I'll post a bunch of relevant pics in the next few pics.

it looks like you overtightened, but I've seen cpus look like that before. it could be something else.

It boots, thing is it then goes one of two ways:
>pc restarts 3 seconds after I press the power button and it turns on, then it works normally
>pc gets stuck in a 3 second interval restart loop after I press the power button

wait so sometimes it does work?

post a pic of it standing on its side

you maybe fucked something else up. did you accidentally unplug something or is there a loose cable somewhere?

OH JESUS BENT PINS

Attached: Found the problem.jpg (1080x2160, 829K)

>Then it works normally
Did you check bios is current and scan for OS errors? If it boots at all without power cycling period it's not the hardware.

RIP

Deffo sounds like , despite the clearly leaking die coolant (which would make it shutdown from overheat) you might be ok if you can straighten it. If you have a granite counter top in your house this will be a perfect surface to flatten it on. Pile as much weight as yiu can manage onto it, leave it for 24 hours and see how it goes.

OH NO NO NO!

>intel
The first and last mistake you will ever make.

GOOFED STATUS = DONE.

Every goddamn time with Intel

double dubs and rip
based retard

I fucken knew it, that's why I wanted more pics
RIP OP, time to preorder zen 3

Why do you think they moved the pins to the socket? :^)

You bent them with the Q-tip didnt you

nice dubs

Are you telling me you bent every single fucking pin? Did you put the CPU in backwards?

Yeah I've always used AMD, from Athlon to Phenom to FX but I got a steal deal for this 8700
if I knew the cpu mounting process would be this shit I would never have gotten it
anyway I tried to straighten the pins but I think I broke something off the very tips of the two bent pins, look at the pic and tell me if it's FUBAR

Attached: FUBAR pins.jpg (1080x2160, 922K)

I just brushed it with a paintbrush, didn't use anything solid. Only used a flat screwdriver head to straighten the pins but fuck if I know if it worked.

Based

See I told you to use a pulled q-tip and you didn't listen. Moron. Enjoy your short circuits.

you can't unbend pins. the second you bend them it's gone. they're too fragile, especially inside the chip.

Sod off, you think a paintbrush managed to bend those pins? I just brushed it very lightly
I'm gonna put it all together and boot it, I'll make a webm so you can see if it starts bootlooping again.

MSI is already sending you job offers youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk&feature=youtu.be

Attached: 1560295467760495778.jpg (700x739, 33K)

Yes, the pin was caught by the hairs and bent.

Nah

I think that is cement from the bricked CPU.

One last thing bros, did I seat it right?

Attached: cpu seat.jpg (2521x2204, 1.19M)

good job asking us after you bent and clamped the cpu in place ahahahhahhaha the text is supposed to point to the RAM HAHAHHAA

>all that paste everywhere
God, I could steal your fingerprint from that image.

You lucked out. All you bent was 1x integrated graphics vcore and one unused pin.

Attached: Untitled.png (650x435, 65K)

Definitely. Absolutely no issues there whatsoever.

You can, but it's a royal pita with Intel's fish hook LGA sockets.

Attached: attachment_68064667.png (500x500, 188K)

Yep, it's gone

It couldn't have possibly blown. YOUR MISTAKEN!

wtf? is that the silicone that holds on the ihs?

Yeah I tried to get it all off but I only had Pizza Hut tissues on hand.

>but I only had Pizza Hut tissues on hand
Is this thread satire?

Based dubs and quad numbers.

use a micromanipulator and try to microglue the pin back on
youtube.com/watch?v=zuc371F4d0o

this fuckin thread jesus christ

Attached: 1414865244800.jpg (500x500, 42K)

It's not like you need special Israeli cloth to clean paste off your chip.

God damn it, it's FUBAR. I'm making a webm of it, it's rebooting itself every two seconds. Wtf

Intards lmao

Take a look bros, what the fuck is this? I had to turn the PSU switch off to stop it from rebooting every two seconds. Help plox

Attached: bootloop.webm (1920x1080, 1.68M)

get one of these bad boys

Attached: HTB1D2k_HpXXXXXgXFXXq6xXFXXXQ.jpg (700x600, 38K)

Attached: ebin.gif (498x466, 796K)

OP states he "routinely" reapplies his thermal paste and heatsink but why, WHY DO YOU FUCKERS DO THAT, IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

You do realise it would take literally FUCKING YEARS for the thermal paste to dry up and even then that is mostly if you don't use the computer. every god damn time i see people do this it fucking infuriates me

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I had one of these things, I threw it out yesterday. What's so special about it? Looks like some speaker wire but I use headphones.

i know this is a long shot because it dumb to suggest but try reseating the ram.

Can your headphones output the error code beeps from a motherboard? What do you mean no?

>Intel
>gayming leds
>bent pins
So much for a single thread.

Attached: 67g4d7g6frd3ghij.jpg (300x168, 9K)

I opened a retro rig from 2001 recently and reapplied paste just for fun. The old one was fine, it was still paste, only a little dry. PC worked fine on the old paste. It doesn't become dust.

pringles viral advertising

Okay I moved my CPU fan from CPU OPT to CPU FAN and it rebooted exactly once after I pressed the power button, and now it's working great
the post is showing A0 which means it's all good, I think. No whine, no noise, temps are lower on my CPU than on my older cooler with the shitty paste. What gives? Will it bootloop again after I turn it off?

Well, shit, I almost thought it could be power delivery issues, but it might be just your mobo straight out shutting down because you connected your cpu fan to the wrong fucking place

I love that you know you bent your pins and fucked up your computer but you keep powering it on over and over anyways lol, gotta fuck up everything as much as possible

i said DRY UP not dust.

no it was boot looping because you plugged shit in wrong

Oh shit, just noticed my PC's time is behind by 3 hours
does this mean my CMOS battery is pozzed? Should I remove it for 5 mins and then reset it?